Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Thread Starter #316
Re: Tata Manza Ownership Experience: After 1.5 Years

20000 km Service:

Reached the Service Station, Rathod Motors (TASS) at 10:00 AM as per the appointment.

Reported at service center reception and SA appeared in 3 minutes. He was enquiring about any issues and I started with saying nothing much. So he suggested that we go for a trial drive.

Told him about the the slight sound while negotiating speed breakers. Meantime we were through with 3 speed breakers and there was no sound (I knew that because there no sound earlier also while in 2nd gear). Any way he agreed to check that and noted in job card. Then he took the car voluntarily to a bad road to check for rattles if any. No rattlling.

SA told me about value added services - 1. Engine flush, 2. additive for engine oil and 3. a service plus (An anti rust treatment for battery terminals, four doors and power window sytem).

Opted for service plus - Rs 200 + tax.

Charges for 20000 km service:

Engine Oil (Synthetic) 3.2 Ltr.
CASTROL PROFFIONAL EDGE 5W40 - Rs 2587.23

Oil Filter - Rs 357.39

Fuel Filter Assembly - Rs 1826.09

Cotton waste - Rs 15.65

Fevi Kwick - Rs 20.87

Wheel balancing - Rs 222.00
Wheel alignment (free)

Service plus - Rs 200.00
(Value added service)

Sub Total => Rs 5229.23
Taxes - Rs 837.93

Total => Rs 6067

A bush - Kit ARB Bush (of Front lower wishbone suspension) replaced in warranty.

Returned the car by 1:45 PM (Expected delivery time was 3:00 PM)

You are lucky to have a good service station. and also the parts are cheap over there due to difference in tax, I guess.

Like they say in Bangalore, Enjoy Maadi! [;)]

Thread Starter #318

You are lucky to have a good service station. and also the parts are cheap over there due to difference in tax, I guess.

Like they say in Bangalore, Enjoy Maadi! [;)]
Thanks Highway Ranger.

This TASS is in Vapi, Gujarat.

There is no showroom or service station in Daman but Vapi in Gujarat is just 10 km away.

{break up of prices shown are without taxes. Taxes are added to the total amount in the last line}

Last edited:

Reported at service center reception and SA appeared in 3 minutes. He was enquiring about any issues and I started with saying nothing much. So he suggested that we go for a trial drive.

Told him about the the slight sound while negotiating speed breakers.
This I also had the ARB bush was replaced for me.

SA told me about value added services - 1. Engine flush, 2. additive for engine oil and 3. a service plus (An anti rust treatment for battery terminals, four doors and power window sytem).

Opted for service plus - Rs 200 + tax.
In Chennai they quoted 500 +.

Engine Oil (Synthetic) 3.2 Ltr.
CASTROL PROFFIONAL EDGE 5W40 - Rs 2587.23
In Chennai i was charged 3330 for same oil but 3.5 litres. I have a doubt why there is so much discrepancy in the quantity of oil they use. Manual suggest 3.2 litres. but the concorde guys pour 3.5 litres and charge extra for the 0.3 litres.

Sub Total => Rs 5229.23
Taxes - Rs 837.93

Total => Rs 6067
Good that your state tax is cheaper.

Last edited:

@auto, Got my punto 3rd serviced from Tass, paid Rs,5924. (5260 + 626 tax)
Both punto90hp and manza has same engine and it seems prices are at par.

Engine oil in mine shows only RS,2044 for 4l

Can you recall the part no of the engine oil,
mine is 005904669. I thought selenia recomended by fiat is expensive.
Thanks.

Thread Starter #321

@auto, Got my punto 3rd serviced from Tass, paid Rs,5924. (5260 + 626 tax)
Both punto90hp and manza has same engine and it seems prices are at par.

Engine oil in mine shows only RS,2044 for 4l

Can you recall the part no of the engine oil,
mine is 005904669. I thought selenia recomended by fiat is expensive.
Thanks.
The part number of Oil in Invoice is looking strange "OILEDGECAS" while oil filter has a regular looking part number 59063972.

Anyway, they will be having separate series of part numbers for FIAT.

Selenia need not be expensive. Its the grade that matters (in this case it is 5W40; there is one more 0W40 used by gypsy which is expensive.)

{Selenia is a brand owned by Petronas oil company of Malasia. Castrol is a much bigger brand and sub brand EDGE is also famous because of Motor sports.}

FIAT is recommending Selenia because of legacy. Selenia was started as a small company owned by FIAT group to supply lubricants for FIAT vehicles. Later it was sold off and after several sell offs it was bought by Petronas. FIAT engineers still go by the drawings and specs in their archives it seems.

In Chennai i was charged 3330 for same oil but 3.5 litres. I have a doubt why there is so much discrepancy in the quantity of oil they use. Manual suggest 3.2 litres. but the concorde guys pour 3.5 litres and charge extra for the 0.3 litres.
Its clearly 3.2 lts and they normally fill from a drum. Why they are taking 0.3 ltr extra ?

Thread Starter #322

After 20000 km, I can say that the gearing ratios of Manza are very good.

Earlier, I used to think that 1st gear of Manza is useless.

After realising its pulling power (in multiple occassions), now I think that short 1st gear is a thoughtful and right decision by TATA Motors Engineers.

2nd gear is long and its powerful enough to pull the car through most of the road conditions and its a bliss in City traffic.

Last two days, I was checking the pulling in various gears. To my surprise it was pulling without any knocking at 800 to 850 rpm in 4th gear.

Infact 800 rpm is the idling rpm.

Also able to move the car from standstill in 3rd gear.

(It was always able to move from standstill in 2nd gear with full load of passengers)

Thread Starter #323

There was a scratch - three lines clearly visible, starting from left corner (near RVM) of bonnet and extends upto the middle near the logo in front grill.

Happened during parking inside office premises.

Applied Scratch Out (Formula 1). Slowly vanished after multiple application within a few days. Also applied Carnauba wax a couple of times in between.

Now there are new scratches in boot area (this time it was due to parking near a market) - there is a flower and some random lines. Should try scratch out tomorrow.

Sad to hear about the scratch on the beauty.

What to do we want to live with type situation.

There was a scratch - three lines clearly visible, starting from left corner (near RVM) of bonnet and extends upto the middle near the logo in front grill.

Applied Scratch Out (Formula 1). Slowly vanished after multiple application within a few days. Also applied Carnauba wax a couple of times in between.

Now there are new scratches in boot area (this time it was due to parking near a market) - there is a flower and some random lines. Should try scratch out tomorrow.
In my car Also some retard has scribbled F*** on my bonnet. I took help from a friend from GH forum. and reduced it to some etent.

what we did was a waterless wash cleaning with ONR QD on bonnet. my car got a treatment of GTechniq P1 followed by Megs UC which certainly reduce the writing followed by a quick Megs UP and then UQW.

Firt pic i before treatment. econd i after treatment

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

I too got a long scratch - a line across the car from the front fender till the rear door. It is in line with the badge below the side rear view mirror. Happened in Virudhunagar where I had parked the car on the road.

It is visible only in some angle and when we look close up.

Wondering if the formula one Scratch out will work. How was the effectiveness when you tried it?

Thread Starter #327

Sad to hear about the scratch..
Appu, it got cured.

Scratch in the bonnet (three parallel lines which were 2 feet long) has vanished completely.

Scratch on the boot including the lines and flower faded after on round of 'scratch out' application.

what we did was a waterless wash cleaning with ONR QD on bonnet. my car got a treatment of GTechniq P1 followed by Megs UC which certainly reduce the writing followed by a quick Megs UP and then UQW.
Rudolf_Diesel, thanks for the inputs. Would like to know more about waterless wash and ONR QD.

visible only in some angle and when we look close up.

Wondering if the formula one Scratch out will work. How was the effectiveness when you tried it?
Did work in my case.

Scratch on the bonnet was visible from all angles. completely disappeared after applying Scratch out multiple times over a few days.

Yesterday applied Scratch out for the scratches - flower and random lines - in bood lid.

Some of the lines (including those where white layer was visible) vanished and others faded. Flower faded by about 70%.

Should do once more by this week end.

It should work in your case also.
Make sure that you are getting the original product. Formula 1 fakes are sold in many shops.
Pour some quantity of scratch out liquid to a soft cotton cloth and then apply over the scratched area. Continue applying with a circular movement. Allow it to dry for some time and then wipe out completely with another clean soft cotton cloth.

Manza looks plain to a casual observer from a distance. But there are enough curves to compare with a fluidic. In the case of Manza, those curves are mild, subtle and understated. However they help to hide some scratches and dents while the car is gleaming.

Last edited:

Rudolf_Diesel, thanks for the inputs. Would like to know more about waterless wash and ONR QD.
This product is called Optimum No Rinse. normally this is useful where water is scare and valuable like in Bangalore or chennai. we can dialy clean the dust by the quick detalier solution prepared by 1 ounce to 500 ml of water.

Below link explains very well the waterlesswash method.

My Bucketless Wash Method, with ONR - Detailing World

Last edited by a moderator:

I also complained about the noise from front suspension on the speed breakers( not on the pot holes) , but SA said that many manza owners have similar complaint , its normal in manza, nothing needs to be done.

Nothing was suggested to me about value added service, But power window noise has disappeared completely after they cleaned the glass and motor after opening the door panels. He told me that that there was grime due to dried mud inside, which was hampering the lubrication leading to the

During 3rd servicing and 4th servicing , same oil,3.2 lit cost me Rs 2702. in Pune outside the octorai limits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom