Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Re: Tata Manza Ownership Experience: After 1.5 Years

[glasses]
The part number of Oil in Invoice is looking strange "OILEDGECAS" while oil filter has a regular looking part number 59063972.
Same part numbers are mentioned on my tax invoice for oil and oil filter respectively.

'OILEDGECAS `might be a short form of 'OIL Edge Castrol `, really funny [;)]

@ rudolf, Autosafari is lucky to not have a state government , as Div-Daman is governed directly by central government, so only central taxes, no state govt.taxes.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #332

I also complained about the noise from front suspension on the speed breakers( not on the pot holes) , but SA said that many manza owners have similar complaint , its normal in manza, nothing needs to be done.
You should give him a blast. He is just bluffing.
That noise from suspension is no more there after changing ARB bush. The new bush is a modified design.

They have to do it in warranty. Anyway its not costly - Rs 378 only.

Nothing was suggested to me about value added service, But power window noise has disappeared completely after they cleaned the glass and motor after opening the door panels. He told me that that there was grime due to dried mud inside..
That is a good thing from your TASS.

@ rudolf, Autosafari is lucky to not have a state government , as Daman is governed directly by central government, so only central taxes, no state govt.taxes.
We don't have car showrooms in Daman. Our nearest TASS is in Vapi, Gujarat. So all the taxes are as applicable in Gujarat.

As far as prices in Daman are concerned, everything is expensive except electricity and water. The term water include bottled (and coloured too) water available in fancy bottles[evil] which attracts lot of people from neighbouring states.

Thread Starter #333

A brief review after 18 months; 20500 km

Comfort: This car is really comfortable - whether in driver's seat, front passenger seat or the the much talked about back seat; for short trips or real long trips and on all type of roads.

Ride Quality: Excellent

Handling: Reasonably good.
It may not be a great handler and has enough body roll while driving fast on curves. However it has demontrated useful handling characteristics whenever situation demanded.

Steering response: Steering response is very good and give us confidence to do (sometimes) last second cuts.
{Its possible to avoid cow dung, mud water, stones, dirt etc. on road (only when road is empty without causing a nuisance to other road users)}

Interiors: Pleasant looking interiors.

Maintenance: Only routine maintenance as per service schedule.
Low cost of ownership make the VFM factor even better.

Others: Smooth and silent engine, no diesel clatter (This FIAT engine is excellent).

Noice inside the cabin is almost negligible.

AC is functioning well with sufficient cooling.

No rattles so far (seen some of the worst roads in our country)

I am able to overtake some fast drivers (including UVs) in bad roads and on humps (when there is enough space for two vehicles)

The only need to change the external styling (both front and rear) and improve the quality of some small plastic/rubber parts. It could be a sure winner.

+1 to all the points.

My car is almost 30000 kms old. And I fully agree with you.

I was to make a trip to Chennai tomorrow. I had also planned to meet AppU in Vellore. Cancelled the trip now due to the heavy rains in Chennai. Felt bad informing AppU about the change in plan. [sad]

A brief review

Handling: Reasonably good.
It may not be a great handler

The only need to change the external styling (both front and rear) and improve the quality of some small plastic/rubber parts. It could be a sure winner.
The better' handling' and cars with better plastics like linea are costing more than manza by almost 1.5 lakhs to 2 lakhs.
TATA is not able to increase the prices so as to improve the on these fronts. This is due to poor TASS, which damages its reputation, thereby compelling TATA to announce the discount schemes, leave aside rise in price for R& D purpose.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #336

The better' handling' and cars with better plastics like linea are costing more than manza by almost 1.5 lakhs to 2 lakhs.
Tornado,

Linea is better than Manza in terms of handling.

But Interiors of Manza is slightly better than Linea.

What I said was about some small plastic and rubber parts.

Fit and finish of Linea is equally good or equally bad as Manza.

+1 to all the points.

My car is almost 30000 kms old. And I fully agree with you.

I was to make a trip to Chennai tomorrow. I had also planned to meet AppU in Vellore. Cancelled the trip now due to the heavy rains in Chennai. Felt bad informing AppU about the change in plan. [sad]
Highway Ranger,

Your travelogue about a trip Valparai hills and beyond to Chalakkudy through the forest route gave me confidence to take Manza for long trips.

During long drives in highways, it is capable of taking on most of the cars out there.

Its good that you cancelled the Chennai trip. Forescast says very heavy rains and they have declared holiday for schools. Chennai is like hell during heavy rains.

Great autosafari. Since my car is little younger than yours, I am simply following you guys. I will be going for my 10k service in December. And I have noted down what needs to be done. The front suspension issue has to be resolved this time, by any means. Its reappearing after every service. Also time has come to utilise AMC. [:)]

Great autosafari. Since my car is little younger than yours, I am simply following you guys. I will be going for my 10k service in December. And I have noted down what needs to be done. The front suspension issue has to be resolved this time, by any means. Its reappearing after every service. Also time has come to utilise AMC. [:)]
After my 10K service the front suspension problem was still existing, gave a bad rating in the feedback. TASS called me again for rectifying the problem, I called them near my residence to demonstrate the problem on humps where the problem was occurring, the TASS guy acknowledged the problem and took the car to the service centre.

Got the car delivered the next day to my office and the problem was solved. I tested on humps near the office and it was looking fine. However, after 12k I am seeing this problem come again, on some of the humps am getting that kharrr kharrr sound again [frustration].

Planning to use the car for another few hundred KMs and then get it checked again using AMC.

Other Problems solved in the post feedback service:
1. DIS was changed as it was displaying error for DTE when the tank is full.
2. Fuel gauge inside the tank as it will show low fuel when tank full (i think DIS and this problem are related).

Other than the front suspension the car is doing great. But am scared to go on humps as it will worsen the problem, I think the front suspension in my car is very soft as it will scrape the humps which are little high (unscientific).

@manza class, TASS guy has told me to bring my car to the TASS on thr.25 , oct , for changing ARB bush.
BTW, last time , you said , the sound disappeared, before it reappeared.What exactly was done by the TASS? Let us know.

@manza class, TASS guy has told me to bring my car to the TASS on thr.25 , oct , for changing ARB bush.
BTW, last time , you said , the sound disappeared, before it reappeared.What exactly was done by the TASS? Let us know.
@ Tonado: Not sure what they did as the delivery was to my office around 7.30pm, had no time to check with the driver.

Anyways, next time when I visit them I will make sure to check the changes. Are you also facing similar problem?

Yes, manza class, same problem here, TASS moron told me that many manza owners are complaining about the simi lar noise, but it's normal.
Today I told him about the ARB bush change , (as per autosafari's suggestion), knowing that I can blast at him anytime, he immediately agreed for it.

Yes, manza class, same problem here, TASS moron told me that many manza owners are complaining about the simi lar noise, but it's normal.
Today I told him about the ARB bush change , (as per autosafari's suggestion), knowing that I can blast at him anytime, he immediately agreed for it.
I think next time when I go to them with this problem, i will have to be very careful and may be spend my entire time with with the servicing engineer. Hope the problem is rectified after the ARB change.

Thread Starter #343

Manza Class and Tornado,

After changing ARB bush, there is no sound from suspension.

Checked at some speed (40 kmph) in some neat humps and obsolutely no sound.

Last year, they did some thing and sound vanished initially and started again after 2 weeks. In my car, this sound was there only when we try to negotiate the hump in 3rd gear. If we negotiate cautiously in 2nd gear there was no sound.

Anyway, they change it in warranty. Replacing the bush solved the problem (new bush is a modified design) for all those Manza owners who got it changed.

You should give him a blast. He is just bluffing.
That noise from suspension is no more there after changing ARB bush. The new bush is a modified design.

They have to do it in warranty. Anyway its not costly - Rs 378 only.

Got the' ARB bush along with mounting clams' changed to day, they also changed 'bearing block of ARB'.need to check on speed breaker (they were not available nearby) The SA said that it is not covered under warranty hence I had to pay. Photo of bill and part code is attached herewith.@AS , please check it with your.

Also clutch setting is done (clutch was very hard since last 3 days), now It feels ok.

Attachments

Got the' ARB bush along with mounting clams' changed to day, they also changed 'bearing block of ARB'.need to check on speed breaker (they were not available nearby) The SA said that it is not covered under warranty hence I had to pay. Photo of bill and part code is attached herewith.@AS , please check it with your.

Also clutch setting is done (clutch was very hard since last 3 days), now It feels ok.
Dear Tornado,

The ARB works just fine. Even i have changed it in my car and so far no issues. As autosafari said, even in my car they had done some changes initially but the sound again came back. Now after replacing it is not occuring. After heavy rains in bangalore few days back the road have become pathetic. I have tried it on the bad road and on bad humps as well, the sound is gone.

Regarding paying for ARB, i see that you have crossed 23K on the ODO so the warranty has elapsed, unless you have extended warranty. If you the extended warranty the please collect the money back as it has to be covered under warranty, I didnt pay for ARB as it was replaced under warranty. Also, i heard in some forums that TATA has advised the TASS to replace the part if some complaints are heard w.r.t the suspension.

Top Bottom