Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Thread Starter #346
Re: Tata Manza Ownership Experience: After 1.5 Years

Checked tyre pressure after 5 months and found drop in pressure - 24 in front tyres and 28 in back tyres. Filled nitrogen upto 32 in all tyres.

There was not much drop seen on visual check. Thought that front tyres would have droped by a couple of points and rear tyres' pressure is intact.

Now on should check every two months at least.

Checked tyre pressure after 5 months and found drop in pressure - 24 in front tyres and 28 in back tyres. Filled nitrogen upto 32 in all tyres.

There was not much drop seen on visual check. Thought that front tyres would have droped by a couple of points and rear tyres' pressure is intact.

Now on should check every two months at least.
5 months is too long time. Why don't you check tyre pressure every refill which is 600-700 kms.
Take care of tyres by:
Rotating tyres every service,
Wheel balancing and alignment every 10K
Tyres will last 40K without fuss and you will not risk blow outs.

Thread Starter #348

5 months is too long time. Why don't you check tyre pressure every refill which is 600-700 kms.
Take care of tyres by:
Rotating tyres every service,
Wheel balancing and alignment every 10K
Tyres will last 40K without fuss and you will not risk blow outs.
Thanks for the inputs brandoo.

Checked pressure in August last year and filled nitrogen upto 32 in all tyres and did not check after that. Never felt loss of pressure and it was looking OK in visual check.

Tyre rotation not done yet - its 22000 km now.

Wheel balancing and alignment was done at 10000 and 20000 km.

Not driven much in last 5 months. Around 3000 km only.

I know its not right but not checked tyre pressure (except visual check) and not opened bonnet - not even once in this time period.

I know its not right but not checked tyre pressure (except visual check) and not opened bonnet - not even once in this time period.
This is reliability of TATA. Who says that Tata products are not reliable but seriously do peep under bonnet at least once in a month so check all the fluids such as break, washer, power steering, coolant and engine oil. Its good habit to look under bonnet and check tyres.

Checked pressure in August last year and filled nitrogen upto 32 in all tyres and did not check after that. Never felt loss of pressure and it was looking OK in visual check.

Tyre rotation not done yet - its 22000 km now.

Wheel balancing and alignment was done at 10000 and 20000 km.

Not driven much in last 5 months. Around 3000 km only.

Well, you are living on the edge my friend. Herz some free advice.
- Check tyre pressure every 15 days. And its up to you, but nitrogen is unnecessary. You are not going racing, are you.
- Tyre rotation should be done every 10000kms.
- Wheel alignment and balancing is a must every 5000 kms. Alignment is a fragile thing. You over shoot a speed breaker, your alignment will be off.
- And dont worry, you dont need to open the bonnet every now and then. BUT its good if you keep things under your watch. Open your bonnet and look at the oil level, and other fluid levels every 5000kms OR in your case 2-3 months.

There is subtle difference in being carefree and careless. Don't be careless.
These will not take much time but will save lots of time for sure in case of an eventuality.

Thread Starter #352

This is reliability of TATA. Who says that Tata products are not reliable but seriously do peep under bonnet at least once in a month so check all the fluids such as break, washer, power steering, coolant and engine oil. Its good habit to look under bonnet and check tyres.
No doubt about the reliability of this car - Tata Manza.

And regarding checks, I do check the tyres (visually) everyday.
Do check all the fluid levels and brakes before any long trip and do a service before long trips like this http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eri-chitradurga-mysore-kerala.html#post165388

It just happened that I did not check tyre pressures because it was OK visually and driving was limited to daily office trips and short trips nearby, did not checked the bonnet after the 20K service.

Was checking regularly earlier.

Check tyre pressure every 15 days. And its up to you, but nitrogen is unnecessary. You are not going racing, are you.
- Tyre rotation should be done every 10000kms.
- Wheel alignment and balancing is a must every 5000 kms. Alignment is a fragile thing. You over shoot a speed breaker, your alignment will be off.
- And dont worry, you dont need to open the bonnet every now and then. BUT its good if you keep things under your watch. Open your bonnet and look at the oil level, and other fluid levels every 5000kms OR in your case 2-3 months.
Thanks for the inputs navnit013.

Nitrogen is filled on the next day of taking delivery of this car almost 2 years ago. Infact nitrogen helped me in long trips as the one in the link above.

Not done wheel rotation so far. Tyres are looking new still and no uneven wear seen. Anyway should try rotation at 25K/2 years check up by next month.

These will not take much time but will save lots of time for sure in case of an eventuality.
Thanks for the caution dear Brandoo and Navnit013.

Here its only being carefree since this car proved that its reliable in last 2 years.

I do maintain the car well and as per my friends and collegues, its in showroom condition including the beige and black interiors, shining as new dashboard and light coloured seat covers.

[angel][:D], it is infact we the other manza owners who take suggestion and tips about maintainance and servicing from Autosafari.

Thread Starter #354

.. it is infact we the other manza owners who take suggestion and tips about maintainance and servicing from Autosafari.
Dear Tornado,

Thank you and I am humbled by that trust. Very happy that you found some of my suggestions useful.

Thread Starter #355

Its a smooth drive and fun now a days.

After two years, I am able to drive this car (like a durable toy in the hands of a caring toddler). Now I know how to handle it smartly to stay ahead of traffic - encountering dancing two wheeler drivers, aggressive autos and vans, careless car drivers and many more - inspite of the size of the car. Turbo lag is a non-issue after getting familiar with the machine.

Last edited:

Yes, autosafari, same here,especially the staying ahead in traffic.
Infact , cars with good low end torque are difficult to control in dense , stop go traffic as compared to cars with some turbo lag.

Thread Starter #357
Re: After Two Years - Tata Manza Ownership Experience

Completed two years last month.

Total Maintanance charges for two years - Rs 10098

Hmm Sujith

that is really amazing cost of maintenance for a TATA car !!

With the price reduction, it has become more VFM now

Thread Starter #360

Thats too good !!! How many kms have you done in the 2 years?
Done 23000 km.
Driving was very less for last 6 months.

Will be doing a long trip of 5000 to 6000 km next month.

that is really amazing cost of maintenance for a TATA car !!

With the price reduction, it has become more VFM now
RK, I knew that maintenance expenses will be less when opted for Manza.

Manza is very much VFM and a good performer.

Top Bottom