Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Re: TATA Manza Ownership experience: After 1.5 years

Raja,

There are no rattles so far.

My car has run about 19000 kilometers and has seen some of the worst road or no road conditions.

No issues so far other than clock display went off. Just informed SA about the problem during a routine service. TASS replaced the entire DIS - Instrument panel assembly under warranty free of cost.

This car is real good.

My experience so far with TASS is OK and no issues.

{There are a few things to say about them: They don't receive you at their reception, don't expect a tea or coffee offer, and don't expect any nice talks/goodwill talks from any executive there. They do their job almost mechanically and here in Vapi at least give back our car in time. They are not bothered if you enter the shop floor and inspect all the cars being serviced there including your car}

For me Manza is a nice car to drive; either in City or on highway.

Once inside the cabin, I don't feel like coming out; whether I am in driver's seat, co-driver seat or relaxing in the comfort of its back seat.
Thanx a million for your feedback. I have been asking this question to every tata car owner and their feed back is same as yours.
And iam comming to a conclusion that people who bad mouth tata their cars and their a.s.s 90% of time have never used a tata car and sometimes not even sat in the car .
And anyway a.s.s is not a place like a mall who cares if they offer tea or coffee or not as long as they listen to your query and do the needful more then enough .

Re: TATA Manza Ownership experience: After 1.5 years

For me Manza is a nice car to drive; either in City or on highway.Once inside the cabin, I don't feel like coming out; whether I am in driver's seat, co-driver seat or relaxing in the comfort of its back seat.
If it wasn't for a X-over,THE XOVER would have liked to make this beauty his own till eternity.This Manza car is simply mindblowing in terms of not only space and comfort but also driving dynamics and engine performance.[:)]

THE X-OVER

Thread Starter #273
Re: Tata Manza Ownership Experience: After 1.5 Years

A few days ago, we went to a nearby beach. It was fully crowded in that Sunday evening with hundreds of cars and many buses. We entered a narrow beach road (a mistake from my side). While giving side to a big bus, they slowly pushed me towards the side and then found out that all the four wheels were in a mud bed.

It was like a custom made small pool (6 meter X 3 meter) of slurry type mud. Could not move from there in 2-3 attempts. People are looking at us from those cars passing slowly in a row - some with sympathy and some others with a funny expression.

Realising that I am not driving a Scorpio or Safari, the key is not to be panic and should avoid a wheel spin.

Switched off the engine and after re start, released the clutch in such a way that it pushed the car a little.
It is strange but some times weight of a car also helps.
Car moved a little and and right side front tyre went further deep and stuck on a stone.
Could sense that and then I seized the opportunity. Restarted again and worked on clutch and accelerator and the grip from that stone.

Luck was on our side and we just moved ahead.

Earlier I used to think that I gear of Manza is useless since its very short and of not much use normal City driving. Later I realised about the amount of torque it can provide in steep climbs and its also useful in those situations mentioned above. Further I assume that maximum torque could be generated immediately on a start. So a re start could of use in tight situations.

Thread Starter #274

Went to Saputara yesterday.

360 km (to and fro).

An excellent drive through the ghats and hill road.

FE was 18+ km/ltr with full time AC (City + Highway + hill road + Off road in low gear) - full tank to full tank method.

That's an awesome mileage look's like the engine has settled down well.

Thread Starter #276

That's an awesome mileage look's like the engine has settled down well.
This FE is good but I assume that it should increase after the 4th service which is due in a few hundred kilometers from now.

This FE is good but I assume that it should increase after the 4th service which is due in a few hundred kilometers from now.
Strangely, I got my best highway mileage on the second day of owning the car, on a night drive to Chennai. I was careful not to go over 80 kmph, as the car was brand new.

Thread Starter #279

Yes Abhinav.
Thats a good FE considering the terrain and roads and size/weight of the car.

Strangely, I got my best highway mileage on the second day of owning the car, on a night drive to Chennai. I was careful not to go over 80 kmph, as the car was brand new.
Maximum FE is obtained in highways when we are driving below 80 kmph.

There is a possibility that you could have got a wrong display in DIS at that time. We never know, TASS might have upgraded the software in a subsequent service.

@autosafari,

I do not go by DIS, always tank to tank. In fact, my DIS always gives an error of +1.5 to +2 kmpl. True,we get better FE while driving below 80 on highways. But it is difficult to maintain that speed on highways.

As I had mentioned in the first post on my review,"On the first trip there were 2 of us, me and my wife, and the FE for the whole trip was 21.7km/l by full tank to full tank method (the average shown on the display was 23.8 km/l). max speed 80 km/h".

We had just gone for a ride in our brand new car to Krishnagiri A2B, just for the heck of it and filled up the tank. When we reached home, we got the news that a close relative had passed away. So we drove to Chennai the same night, stayed for 2 days, followed the funeral procession from the church to the graveyard (about 8 Kms), did some city driving (around 50 odd kms), and returned back. We tanked up at the same bunk on the way back. That was when I calculated the FE. The average on the DIS was 25 kmpl all the way to Chennai, dropped down in Chennai and pickup to 23.8 when we stopped for refueling.

I still get 19 to 21 kmpl (tank to tank) on outstation drives with 100% AC, depending upon the driving style. I have stopped driving for FE and just drive for the fun of it.

But in Bangalore city traffic, I still get around 15 kmpl only with around 25% AC.

Thread Starter #281

Highway Ranger,

Thats fine and you are following the right method.

An FE of 15 km/ltr in Bangalore City traffic (with your driving style) is very good.

@autosafari,I do not go by DIS, always tank to tank. In fact, my DIS always gives an error of +1.5 to +2 kmpl. True,we get better FE while driving below 80 on highways. But it is difficult to maintain that speed on highways.
My car DIS also shows +1.5 to +2 km error. Last week made Full tank in Bangalore and drove for 60 kms in city traffic to office. DIS showed 13.5. That means actual would be only 12 kmpl. Planned to make a trip to chennai in OMR road. Reset the trip A for Highway drive. Trip B showed city 60 km and FE as 13.5. The FE after 325 kms Trip A FE showed 25 kmpl. 385 kms in TripB showed FE as 22 kmpl (increase form 13.5)

After some math found that City Fe for 60 kms - 12 kmpl (roads very bad for 65 % route)

Highway FE - 23+ kmpl (AC on for 40 % time and avg speed 55 kmph, load 2 adults +2 kids)

Top Bottom