Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Re: After One Year - Manza Ownership Experience

Observed a drop in FE and went to TASS to check it since I thought resetting ECU should fix it.

Those people at TASS is confirming that ECU resetting is not possible in a diesel car. As per them ECU reset is possible only in petrol cars.

Knowing these people, possibility is that they are bluffing.
If ECU can be upgraded then why can't it be reset. In Figo (diesel) ford have done this.

Thread Starter #257

Brandoo, me too assume that they can reset it. But there is other Service Center nearby to check that.

Reverse Camera was not working from last week. (Its 8 months after installing that). Yesterday went to interiors shop in Vapi and replaced Camera. Rs 1000 for convex make.

Those people at TASS is confirming that ECU resetting is not possible in a diesel car. As per them ECU reset is possible only in petrol cars.
Why dont you write a mail to TATA motor's seeking clarification on this issue.

Knowing these people, possibility is that they are bluffing.
These people at Tata workshop are highest grade of dumb I have ever seen which tata allows to let them fleece customers. Trust me they are so dumb that you can complaint them that the tyre in front are rotating while running the car & they will note down the complaint & start the investigation then file a report that they have checked everything & all seems to be perfectly fine [lol]

We were not aware of the switch below the driver seat to start the engine again and called TASS for help.
What is this switch for? can you post a photo of this if you know the location under seat (use camera with flash)

Fuel efficiency can go down if there is a leakage in turbo intake pipe or if the EGR valve is chocked which will also results in lesser power at the 2000 rpm as compared to earlier when it was new.

Last edited:

Every After sale service got its own share of problems.
You leave car with them for few days, you will get car with repair, problem free but will get bruises and scare marks as if car was waging a battle at service station

Thread Starter #261

Why dont you write a mail to TATA motor's seeking clarification on this issue.
Shall write to them after checking the FE with another fuel station.

What is this switch for? can you post a photo of this if you know the location under seat (use camera with flash)

Fuel efficiency can go down if there is a leakage in turbo intake pipe or if the EGR valve is chocked which will also results in lesser power at the 2000 rpm as compared to earlier when it was new.
This switch is to restart the engine after auto cut off.
In case of an accident, fuel is cut off automatically and engine switched off. To re start, we need to press this switch. It is placed below the driver seat in Manza.

In our case, as I explained in an earlier post, our car hit a stone and was running through a patch of boulder type stones (right side tyres only) at a fairly high speed. There were several hit sounds heard. Car thought its an accident and activated the auto cut off. Luckily nothing happened to under body even though hit sounds were loud and hit several times.

I don't have a picture now. Shall post it later today.

There is no reduction in power output in my car.

Every After sale service got its own share of problems.
Thats what I too could summerise from the experience of friends and colleagues.

Thread Starter #262

This switch is to restart the engine after auto cut off.
In case of an accident, fuel is cut off automatically and engine switched off. To re start, we need to press this switch. It is placed below the driver seat in Manza.

In our case, as I explained in an earlier post, our car hit a stone and was running through a patch of boulder type stones (right side tyres only) at a fairly high speed. There were several hit sounds heard. Car thought its an accident and activated the auto cut off. Luckily nothing happened to under body even though hit sounds were loud and hit several times.

I don't have a picture now. Shall post it later today.
Here are the pictures of the switch. Look for it just below the drivers's seat.
Photo is side view. Its placed vertically and perpendicular to the floor

DSC02182a.jpg

DSC02183a.jpg

Here are the pictures of the switch. Look for it just below the drivers's seat.
Photo is side view. Its placed vertically and perpendicular to the floor

View attachment 57865

View attachment 57866

Really useful Info Buddy.

In my Vista also I have that Switch, While Installing new seat cover I found that Switch & thought, that is used to recognize the Driver & produce beep sound.

Later I came to know that switch is for some other Function [:D]. Now I clarified.

Thread Starter #265
Re: TATA Manza Ownership experience: After 1.5 years

Sometime ago, when I went to a local Car service center (they do body polishing, underbody coating etc.) for washing, the guy who checked the car told me that underbody coating is already done in my car.

I don't think its by the dealer.

Whether Manza is coming with underbody coating done by factory?

Nice car. and a nice house with spacious surroundings.
This is very important safety aspect.
I am glad that car is good
Really useful Info Buddy.
Thanks and welcome nozzlering, brandoo and Appu.

Sometime ago, when I went to a local Car service center (they do body polishing, underbody coating etc.) for washing, the guy who checked the car told me that underbody coating is already done in my car.

I don't think its by the dealer.

Whether Manza is coming with underbody coating done by factory?

Thanks and welcome nozzlering, brandoo and Appu.
Since you are using the car more then 1 and half year does the car rattles squeaks or any other issues and t.a.s.s ? I want to know because the kind of reputation tata cars have in the mind of public is it true or just mouth to mouth hype which has no base atall .

Its mostly mouth to mouth hype. Car itself is good. TASS really needs to improve on handling of vehicles. I need to monitor them throughout my visits. Still they succeed to give a complimentary minor damage. And they replace the defective part/ repair without fuss. So not a big problem. As others have vouched that there car is rattle free.
And its good that general public has negative image. We get better products for less. No long waiting period. Benefit of Ignorance and mob mentality! [:)]
@ raja: is your doubt about gears clear?

Its mostly mouth to mouth hype. Car itself is good. TASS really needs to improve on handling of vehicles. I need to monitor them throughout my visits. Still they succeed to give a complimentary minor damage. And they replace the defective part/ repair without fuss. So not a big problem. As others have vouched that there car is rattle free.
And its good that general public has negative image. We get better products for less. No long waiting period. Benefit of Ignorance and mob mentality! [:)]
@ raja: is your doubt about gears clear?
Thanx nozzle
Yes I understood about the gears but if you could make it more simpler would be better [:D]

Thread Starter #270

Since you are using the car more then 1 and half year does the car rattles squeaks or any other issues and t.a.s.s ? I want to know because the kind of reputation tata cars have in the mind of public is it true or just mouth to mouth hype which has no base atall .
Raja,

There are no rattles so far.

My car has run about 19000 kilometers and has seen some of the worst road or no road conditions.

No issues so far other than clock display went off. Just informed SA about the problem during a routine service. TASS replaced the entire DIS - Instrument panel assembly under warranty free of cost.

This car is real good.

My experience so far with TASS is OK and no issues.

{There are a few things to say about them: They don't receive you at their reception, don't expect a tea or coffee offer, and don't expect any nice talks/goodwill talks from any executive there. They do their job almost mechanically and here in Vapi at least give back our car in time. They are not bothered if you enter the shop floor and inspect all the cars being serviced there including your car}

For me Manza is a nice car to drive; either in City or on highway.

Once inside the cabin, I don't feel like coming out; whether I am in driver's seat, co-driver seat or relaxing in the comfort of its back seat.

Top Bottom