Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Re: After One Year - Manza Ownership Experience

I am sure, tata is improving its services. Why would you need to go to TASS frequently if their vehicle is reliable. Frequent visits as norm was set by maruti to fool people.

Figo was my bench mark when I talked about the handling. Highways are butter smooth in Rajasthan. Manza also handles pretty good but not as good as Figo. Just a comparo.

Thread Starter #227

Brandoo,

Agree with you.

Also you are spot on with the services part.

During last 16 months (18000 km), visited Service center only for regular planned services and two times for minor incidents - once fuel pipe damaged by rats and then for changing broken OVRM.
Otherwise its just fill diesel and drive. That too without much worry because of good FE.

It was a test of luggage carrying capacity while coming back to Daman from Kerala.

Distance about 1700 km
Travelling time was 24 hours.

It took 20 minutes of planning and more than 30 minutes of loading time to accomodate all those luggage inside the car with re arrangement, re packing etc.

No of persons: 5 (3 adults and two children)
Luggage:
Cloths - almost 40 kg (for our one month tour and new cloths added after shopping.
Cooking oil - 25 kg
Coconut, Rice, Mangoes, vegetables , utensils and other similar stuff - 150 kg
Kerala Chips - 8 kg (to be protected from other luggage)
Water, cool drinks, food etc - 20 kg.
Other misc items packed - 10 kg.
Shoes, sandals etc - 8 pairs
Additionally there were books, magazines and toys.

Utilised space with maximum efficiency considering the protrusions and hinge levers inside the boot. Cabin space also used once the boot was filled to the brim.
Is it car or load lorry to carry luggages ???

Thread Starter #229

Is it car or load lorry to carry luggages ???
[lol]

The fact is we travelled about 1700 km within 24 hours (continous drive with some re fuelling and food breaks) with all those luggage. I was sitting in front seat with a 10 kg bag and a water can infront of me but it was very much comfortable still. None of us felt tired after this long trip. There was enough energy left to take the car for a wash and then go to office immediately after this trip.

The fact is we travelled about 1700 km within 24 hours (continous drive with some re fuelling and food breaks) with all those luggage. I was sitting in front seat with a 10 kg bag and a water can infront of me but it was very much comfortable still. None of us felt tired after this long trip. There was enough energy left to take the car for a wash and then go to office immediately after this trip.
1700km in 24 hrs is unbelievable on which route did you managed to achieve this feat?

Thread Starter #232

1700km in 24 hrs is unbelievable on which route did you managed to achieve this feat?
Visran,

We were on NH48 (old NH4)
Palakkad - Pollachi - Salem - Bangalore (NICE bye pass) - Pune and then through Pune - Mumbai Expressway - Daman.
It was a part of a 5000 km trip - details posted in a seperate travelogue thread.

We did the same distance in 23 hours last year too. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/4385-kerala-daman-single-day.html#post89957

Visran,

We were on NH48 (old NH4)
Palakkad - Pollachi - Salem - Bangalore (NICE bye pass) - Pune and then through Pune - Mumbai Expressway - Daman.
It was a part of a 5000 km trip - details posted in a seperate travelogue thread.

We did the same distance in 23 hours last year too. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/4385-kerala-daman-single-day.html#post89957
You really deserve an big applause for this[clap] you seem to be an avid traveller.

Thread Starter #234

This speaks volume about fitness of the car, and owner both.
Thanks brandoo

Manza is fit no doubt.
Its a good highway cruiser and equally comfortable in City too.

My fitness:
At this age I have participated and successfully completed two marathons few months ago.

Goa river marathon (Dec 2011) http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/5277-goa-river-marathon.html#post120345
Vadodara marathon (Feb 2012)

You really deserve an big applause for this[clap] you seem to be an avid traveller.
Thank you Visran.

Got interested in road trips after buying this Manza.

Earlier I was not interested in driving and always preferred to be driven around. We owned different cars but never shown interest in car care, cleaning or maintenance. It was left to drivers or our local mechanic.

All that changed after Manza and also it made me join TAI.

I was following your ownership thread during the earlier phase. Somehow i lost it. Today I happen to go through it. Your car is well maintained. The car is glowing in happiness. And so is your Indica.

Top Bottom