Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

No way can TML price HARRIER below 10L. I think TML cannot price it below 12L due to the 2.0L engine relevant taxes. Infact you can expect it to max under cut CRETA 1.6 S petrol as the engine is just below 2.0L.

But the CRETA 1.6 base E is priced at 9.44L. So we can expect something close.

Vinod Sir, I think we are being quite optimistic w.r.t the pricing.
TML is making us think out of the box, correct Akash?
If it comes in less than 10L for petrol variant, then who'll buy Nexon in Petrol?
Nexon base petrol XE starts at around 6L, 1.2Ltr 110BHP 3 Cylinder BSIV, so the customer is different.
Surely, this new one will have better petrol mill but then I don't think TML would pitch it close to any of their existing products. Also, Hexa's base and mid variants fall in price range of 12-15L and mid variants sell more than top or base models so if they price this one in the bracket of 12-15L or lesser then they'll be killing the Hexa & Nexon.
Hexa does not have a petrol unit, but Harrier will have a (Rumored)new 1.5L 120BHP 4 cylinder BSVI, so my argument for under 10L base price for Harrier
Let us all wait for the much awaited official reveal by this year end. But one thing is for sure, TML, from it's earlier pricing pattern will not disappoint in this one too. It will extremely competitive in price.
Regards
Akash
^^you've taken my words, TML after Tiago have been working on the VFM quotient, more than their earlier more car per car.
^^ The pricing would be between Nexon and Hexa . 9.9X introductory price might be very much possible. But it would be bare bone base model.
Correct, basic HU, 4 speakers, front PW, remote key lock to name a few, good enough for budget conscious.
No way can TML price HARRIER below 10L. I think TML cannot price it below 12L due to the 2.0L engine relevant taxes. Infact you can expect it to max under cut CRETA 1.6 S petrol as the engine is just below 2.0L.
Harrier will come with a petrol engine, not just the FIAT sourced 2.0L MJD.
But the CRETA 1.6 base E is priced at 9.44L. So we can expect something close.
There you go, this was my theory.

OT A big shout out to @Prabhagar for showing me correctly how to answer line by line, and not making an idiot of myself.

Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
TML is making us think out of the box, correct Akash?
110% correct. From Tiago till now, their pricing and products have been very good.

Nexon base petrol XE starts at around 6L, 1.2Ltr 110BHP 3 Cylinder BSIV, so the customer is different.
As of now Sir, the positioning of H5X isn't clear so lets see what TML does and how it's placed in the line up. Probably then we can discuss the competition between the models of TML[:)]

Hexa does not have a petrol unit, but Harrier will have a (Rumored)new 1.5L 120BHP 4 cylinder BSVI, so my argument for under 10L base price for Harrier
Sir, Hexa Diesel Vs H5X Diesel was what I was thinking and honestly, pricing will play a big role here. Lets wait for the specs to be revealed.

Regards

Akash

This is super news for the enthusiasts ...

Configure your own Harrier
Have you own custom suspension, brakes, powertrain, seating configuration. It takes customization to the next level. This is what I wanted from long time and it has finally come. Now every one will have thier own OEM CUSTOMISED HARRIER.

What a way to lauch the new flag ship product.

https://www.business-standard.com/a...design-their-harrier-suvs-118072300024_1.html

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Have you own custom suspension, brakes, powertrain, seating configuration. It takes customization to the next level. This is what I wanted from long time and it has finally come. Now every one will have thier own OEM CUSTOMISED HARRIER.

Another 1st from TML and indeed a great move[clap] Until now the customer level customization was given only by ultra luxury brands and high end Germans only. This move by TML will add to the positive attention the Harrier shall get.

Regards

Akash

https://www.business-standard.com/a...design-their-harrier-suvs-118072300024_1.html
I doubt we'll have customization of that level. Suspension and brakes. NOPE. If you look at all the 'build your own'links in expensive cars, nowhere there is option for brakes and suspension.

YES there may be configuraters in the lines of LandRover products where you can choose, engine, seating configurations, interior colours and trims exterior colours and trims, accessories etc.

I doubt we'll have customization of that level. Suspension and brakes. NOPE.
YES there may be configuraters in the lines of LandRover products where you can choose, engine, seating configurations, interior colours and trims exterior colours and trims, accessories etc.
Well with regards to brakes i feel it will be an option between drum and all 4 disc brakes, similarly for suspension i guess you can opt for 4x4 suspension if at all.

But then giving such option itself is a completely game changing option (but yeah being Tata there wont be such insane number of purchasers as we have for Maruti)

But these options are still way better than Sticker and color options provided by the industry leaders. Definitely the Harrier will be the product to go for.

I would love to have the configuration options on all cars, where we can chose the features we want and are not forced to buy top end variants for some basic features that were missing in the other options. However, I think it will be quite difficult for a brand to provide these options from factory.

Most configurators we see are just sticker jobs which can be done by the dealer. The car is usually sent to the dealer in a stock colour and the dealer does the configuration job before doing the delivery.
However, with the options given here for suspension, brakes and seating configurations, some may need to be done at the factory. If that is the case, it would be quite an issue for the dealership to sell the car in the case of a cancelled booking. I think they would either need to take a huge booking amount for such cars, or give the options with a huge cancellation fee.

Saw from some unconfirmed sources from FB that prices may start from 8.49 lacs .
8.49L is simply mouth watering price. will kill Nexon, Hexa, Storme for sure along with other cars in the price bracket. Will make my sell my storme and get this one then.

Well on a lighter note, dont spread such attrotiously lownumbers. People will start expecting huge features and ridiculously low prices.

8.49L is simply mouth watering price. will kill Nexon, Hexa, Storme for sure along with other cars in the price bracket. Will make my sell my storme and get this one then.

Well on a lighter note, dont spread such attrotiously lownumbers. People will start expecting huge features and ridiculously low prices.
I dont this its impossible, Hyundai Creta 1.6 as on today starts 9.44 lacs for Petrol model. Tata would surely like to undercut it for 5 seater model.

We had the same type of price debate some pages back, @anshuman you surely have steered up the sleeping tiger.

If Tata do launch Harrier in 1.4L 4 cylinder Petrol @9.99 in base variant, it will sterr up the market.

Some more pics of interior of Harrier emerge
th1.jpg

th2.jpg
Source:https://indianautosblog.com/2018/07/tata-harrier-interior-spied-311303

So time for some analysis
1. test mule seems to have done close to 26K
2. distance to empty shows 1572km and tank is almost 90% fulll so that gives us a range of 1750km for a tankful if we consider average to be 25kmpl and tank capacity to be 70 liters.
These are really fantastic if not mindblowing numbers from Harrier for the people who want to know kitna deti hai.
Why did i consider 25kmpl because if the average is less then we would need a 100+ liter fuel tank to give that range to empty of 1572 km.
"MIND YOU GUYS THESE ARE JUST ASSUMPTION BASED CALCULATIONS"

Last edited:
Top Bottom