Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Re: Tata H5 SUV (Q501 / Q502) Spotted Testing

Yes, the car will be named Harrier, they have twitter handle @tataHarrier which is still restricted. I am one of the 21 followers. So in all probabilities the name is going to be harrier.

I feel that is a good name for the car and suits the car well. it will be for the first time (if they do) that they will be naming a car after a bird of prey which was being used only as a class name, like falcons for Zest and bolt, Kite forTiago and Tigor, Eagle for Hexa, Osprey for nexon.
I am not against name Harrier but I wish they should have used name "Seirra", the SUV I loved a lot in my childhood days. [glasses] Even name "H5X" sounds good to me!

Anyways Toyota has a SUV with same name in foreign market but for Indian market it will the first SUV.
Name "Harrier" will suit H5X as US has that name for their one of the best fighter jets & H5X/Harrier going to do the same in Indian Market.

P.S.- TML please show some pics of this beast at the event. I know that will happen in Dec 18 but please please we want to see some sneak pics today. [roll]

Last edited:

I am not against name Harrier but I wish they should have used name "Seirra", the SUV I loved a lot in my childhood days. [glasses]
Exactly, you resonate my feeling. I toofeel that Sierra brand should be resurrected and H5x is best vehicle for resurrection of Sierra brand. How I wish they call it tata Sierra. But, having said that, and that Harrier would be mostly used, I still like the name, tata Harrier. That suits the car too. However, if they name the car some thing else (other than Harrier or (wishfully) Sierra)then I would be displeasantly surprised.

Even the pics are for production model, the wing mirrors, window panes and panels changed from concept and now exactly what it will be on road

Those slim LED lights look stunning and the head unit will be placed under on the bumper like Jeep Cherokee

All in all an amazing SUV design [:D] and said by Nano Freak sir - sleepless nights for many

Last edited:

Buddies,

Regards

Akash
Indeed one of the most awaited SUV in India. Happy to see Indian car manufacturer designing products matching foreign country standards. Be it design, feature or safety norms.

TML must price this well & they have winner in 12-15 lacs category. Hyundai Creta & Renault Duster THE GAME IS ON...!

So,

Looks like there wont be any difference in body shape for Harrier and H7x. Only area where changes can be made is the rear 3rd row window.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
TML must price this well & they have winner in 12-15 lacs category. Hyundai Creta & Renault Duster THE GAME IS ON...!
I believe it would not be priced in the price bracket of Hexa i.e 12 to 15L and would begin above 15 onward and if the top spec settles below 20L i.e for the 5 Seater variant then definitely many offerings by competitors will see tough competition.

Expect this to be COTY 2018.
It's launching in 2019 so it can be COTY 2019 by god's blessings[:D] Revealing is planned in later 2018 though.

Regards

Akash

I believe it would not be priced in the price bracket of Hexa i.e 12 to 15L and would begin above 15 onward and if the top spec settles below 20L i.e for the 5 Seater variant then definitely many offerings by competitors will see tough competition.

Regards

Akash
I beg to differ Akash, Harrier will have a Petrol engine, unlike Hexa which is purely diesel, so the base model could even duck the 10L barrier to avoid the 1%TDS.

Exciting times.

Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I beg to differ Akash, Harrier will have a Petrol engine, unlike Hexa which is purely diesel, so the base model could even duck the 10L barrier to avoid the 1%TDS.
Vinod Sir, I think we are being quite optimistic w.r.t the pricing. If it comes in less than 10L for petrol variant, then who'll buy Nexon in Petrol? Surely, this new one will have better petrol mill but then I don't think TML would pitch it close to any of their existing products. Also, Hexa's base and mid variants fall in price range of 12-15L and mid variants sell more than top or base models so if they price this one in the bracket of 12-15L or lesser then they'll be killing the Hexa & Nexon.

Let us all wait for the much awaited official reveal by this year end. But one thing is for sure, TML, from it's earlier pricing pattern will not disappoint in this one too. It will extremely competitive in price.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom