Tata Harrier (H5X): All-New SUV From Tata Motors

Re: Tata H5 SUV (Q501 / Q502) Spotted Testing

The Front looks too bulbous to my taste. A sharper design should make it bit more aggressive. Side profile looks proper. Coming to the rear, this is the best looking of the lot. Unlike Nexon, which for me is overworked, the rear of H5X looks awesome in comparison. On the whole, an excellent effort by Tata.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

It is actually a evolution from the design of evoque, sumo grande

Nice execution
Absolutely correct! The moment I saw it after unveiling, I was pleasantly surprised with the way TML Design team has taken the looks and dimensions of this concept SUV to an all new level. Everyone there was praising Mr. Bose for this beautiful design. The one word which was buzzing in the TML pavilion after the unveil was 'AWESOME'. Personally for me, the best element along with the external design was the tail light & the alloys. The alloys looked really beautiful to be honest.

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

Regards

Akash

& Here comes the pics of H5X interior & Exterior spied by AutocarIndia.com.

SCOOP! Tata H5X prototype spied

Link-
SCOOP! Tata H5X prototype spied in India - Autocar India

Tata revealed the H5X SUV concept at the 2018 Auto Expo to the awe of those in attendance. Now, we have exclusive pictures of a close-to-production test mule, which reveal more about what the SUV could look like in production form.

Design
As seen from the concept, the production version will continue with Tata’s Impact Design 2.0 language. Looking quite different from any Tata model to date, the SUV is long and has a squat stance. While the concept had 22-inch wheels, the production car will sport smaller 19-inch wheels. The huge wheel arches seem to be carried over from the concept, adding to the muscular look. While the heavily covered test-mule wears dummy lights, the concept’s slim, high-set LED headlights are likely to be retained, along with Tata’s trademark ‘humanity line’ that connects the headlights, grille and the fog lamp enclosure.

On the inside, the cabin is wide with the large front seats sporting extended seat bolsters. The dashboard features a two-layer design that is also seen on the centre console – with the top-half featuring a touchscreen for the infotainment system. As seen in the spy shots, the SUV will come with a new steering wheel, a six-speed manual gearbox and memory function for the front seats. The front seats also get a dedicated overhead storage binnacle. The SUV could get dual-tone interior options at launch.

As is seen from the spy shots, the SUV will feature a five-seat layout with wide rear seats that will comfortably accommodate three, abreast. Tata will provide a centre armrest for the front, as well as rear passengers. Legroom for the second-row passengers looks good, too. However, the prototype does not feature a sunroof or rear AC vents – features Indian car buyers now expect to see even on smaller cars. There is a seven-seat version in the works, too.

Compared to the concept, the production SUV is expected to be toned down, to an extent; but just like the Nexon compact SUV, the H5X should retain enough of the concept’s styling. The prototype spied features standard pull-type door handles and a simpler, yet stylish five-spoke design for the alloy wheels.

Platform
Since it shares the Land Rover Discovery Sport’s platform (Codenamed L550), the H5X should be an able performer, in terms of ride and handling. The production-spec H5X will also feature a very similar floor pan, a near-identical all-independent suspension setup and similarly configured steering gear. To keep costs in check, some of the expensive aluminium parts will be replaced by more affordable steel bits. However, there will still be a more-than-adequate amount of lightweight materials used, with Tata insiders claiming that the SUV’s kerb weight is unlikely to exceed 1,650kg. The model’s wheelbase is expected to remain the same as the Discovery Sport’s 2,741mm.

Powertrain
The production version of the H5X is expected to be powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre MultiJet II engine. The five-seat SUV is expected to have the motor producing 140hp while the seven-seat model is expected to get it in a 170hp state of tune. A ZF-sourced nine-speed automatic transmission is on the cards, which will send power to all four wheels via Tata’s own 4x4 system. Also expect Tata to offer multiple drive modes with the SUV.

Rivals and price
Taking into consideration Tata’s penchant for competitive pricing, the five-seat version of the production-spec H5X is expected to rival the higher variants of the Hyundai Creta, with a starting price of Rs 13 lakh. The higher-spec, seven-seat trims are expected to go head-on with the Jeep Compass (priced from Rs 15.16 lakh to Rs 21.92 lakh, all prices ex-showroom, Delhi). In terms of safety equipment, the Tata is expected to be at par with its rivals.

India launch
Tata is expected to launch the production version of the H5X in the first half of 2019. Factors such as a Fiat-sourced engine and a platform that is ready and available off the shelf will help contribute to a price tag that should see the H5X undercut its rivals.
As I can see H5X is all new different product from TML so what about Q501 which will look like Range Rover? TML will launch two different models?

Attachments

Last edited:

& Here comes the pics of H5X interior & Exterior spied by AutocarIndia.com.

SCOOP! Tata H5X prototype spied

Link-
SCOOP! Tata H5X prototype spied in India - Autocar India

As I can see H5X is all new different product from TML so what about Q501 which will look like Range Rover? TML will launch two different models?
Thanks for the scoop, what is the handle type between the gear lever and cup holder? Parking brake? I can't see the conventional hand brake though.

Thanks for the scoop
Welcome.

what is the handle type between the gear lever and cup holder? Parking brake? I can't see the conventional hand brake though.
I am having same query that if this is some kind of new handbrake or something else. I don't see any Electric Parking break in the spy pic & that handle resembles handbrake.

Another thing I noticed is this Test mule have W201 (XUV500 Test Mule) kind of fabric seats.

Attachments

Looks like the joystick of a plane ✈ cockpit, very interesting.

Hope it has a lock, or children will have a gala time playing with it.

Looking at the position it does look like a electronic hand brake. I dont think its a mechanical one, as it would be difficult to do the cabling for this, and it looks too fragile to be actually activating the brakes without any power assistance.

Looking at the position it does look like a electronic hand brake. I dont think its a mechanical one, as it would be difficult to do the cabling for this, and it looks too fragile to be actually activating the brakes without any power assistance.
To me that seems like the hand brake you pull out and when you want to release it, the entire assembly goes inside and you only see the shiny head with space to slip your fingers in. Just speculating. Or probably that might be the kill switch in the test mules. It will not make it to production batches.

Few things to note,
1.the final version may not have huge panoramic sun roof, the front light dome is toobulgy and goes right till the mid of the drive area. You again have a roof light for passenger area. Thus area between them is small to fit a panoramic sun roof. Small or regular may be there.

2. There is black tape masking the panel in door on top, so it might be some shiny materialbeing used

3. we will have regular instrument cluster unlike the one we saw on the concept fully digital ones. Atleast they should provide in top end ones so that price difference canbe easily justified between mid and top variant.

4. there seem to be a small hand rest for driver on the left. People will complain on this aspect that hand rest does not serve the purpose just like we have people complaining inHexa and nexon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #117

Tata H5X production version to be unveiled in November 2019 - Report

At the Auto Expo earlier this year in February, Tata unveiled the H5X concept. It previews an upcoming SUV based on the Land Rover Discovery Sport's platform. The production version of the Tata H5X will make its debut in November 2018, reports CarWale.

As per the publication, the company will launch the production version of the Tata H5X in 2019, around 2-3 months after its debut. The SUV's eventual positioning in the market remains unclear at this point in time. It was earlier reported that there will be a 5-seat version (Tata Q501) targeting the Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur, and Maruti S-Cross and 7-seat version (Tata Q502) aimed at the Jeep Compass and Mahindra XUV500. CarWale's report speculates that the production 5-seat version of the Tata H5X may aim for the Jeep Compass and not the likes of the Creta and Captur.

Tata-H5X-production-version-IAB-Rendering.jpg

Design-wise, the Tata H5X is based on the Impact Design 2.0 philosophy. Pratap Bose, Head of Design, Tata Motors has stated in the past that 80-85% of the design will make it to the production-spec model, which means it will be safe to expect another head-turner from Tata.

Underpinning the upcoming Tata SUV is the Land Rover Discovery Sport's platform. As per reports, Tata has swapped some of the Aluminium components for steel ones to keep costs in check. Power will come from a Fiat-sourced 2.0 L Multijet II diesel engine. The same one also powers the Jeep Compass, which further supports the speculation that the Tata H5X will be Jeep Compass rival.

The interior of the H5X's production version was partially revealed through spy shots that emerged in February. A two-row 5-seat configuration is visible in these images along with centre console layout, steering wheel, gear knob, and interior door panel.

Following the launch of the Tata H5X based SUV(s), the company will bring production versions of the Tata 45X concept and the Tata EVision sedan concept. Tata has also announced that the Tamo Racemo project has been put on hold and a recent report states that the project has been put up for sale.

Source:IAB

Looks like some typo is there.. is it 2019 or 2018 November. If its 2019 iam feeling its too late to the market.

I am 100% sure it will not target the JEEP COMPASS but it will undercut the 1.6 version of the Creta.
It ill be positioned somewhere close to the 1.4 Creta Ex-Showrrom price. This is the only way it can
cut the ice in the segment. Coz JEEP Regenade will also target the Creta pricing that will also come
with the same 2.0 Ltr engine and will become a direct rival. Hence it is necessary for cut throat pricing.

Top Bottom