New Honda Jazz Officially Launched in India

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: 2014 Honda Jazz Spotted in India

0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20150128054919_jazzcrash.jpg

Friends, the upcoming Jazz, that's also sold in Australia got 5 star safety ratings in Australian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).

“The Honda Jazz received a score of 36.58 out of a possible 37, which is a fantastic result” said Honda Australia Director, Stephen Collins.
Link

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #92

Honda Cars India starts exports of new Jazz to South Africa ahead of Indian launch

Honda Cars India has indeed started manufacturing the new Jazz at its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan, but the initial units have not been dispatched to local dealerships. Instead they have been exported to the South African market, where the launch has also been conducted.

Read more: Honda India starts Honda Jazz exports to South Africa
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook

Even though the Jazz is one of the Japanese cars who get the "Light Build" trademark, It being a Honda will surely not lag in safety department. No one has said that light can't be safe, so it's been proven again here. I expected the New Jazz to do well since old one's were exceptional during thier time.
Now I hope Honda offers 6 Airbags as option in to variant so that who want them can pay the premium and get it. It'll also give Honda a his choice to place that feature as '1st in Segment'.

Friends, the upcoming Jazz, that's also sold in Australia got 5 star safety ratings in Australian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).
Wow, that is really encouraging. Hope they don't cut corners with the internal structural components for the Indian version like how Maruti does. [frustration]

Even though the Jazz is one of the Japanese cars who get the "Light Build" trademark, It being a Honda will surely not lag in safety department. No one has said that light can't be safe, so it's been proven again here. I expected the New Jazz to do well since old one's were exceptional during thier time.
I totally agree with this. Light never meant unsafe in my books. Hope they keep the structural components intact for the Indian version. That should be more than enough.

Now I hope Honda offers 6 Airbags as option in to variant so that who want them can pay the premium and get it. It'll also give Honda a his choice to place that feature as '1st in Segment'.
6 Airbags + ESC + 4 disc brakes + other safety features are still very far for the Indian market (i20 had them in the previous gen and removed them now, probably owing to poor demand). Would be encouraging if Honda took a bold step and gives them as options in the top VX / RS versions. However, the probability is very low IMO.

My pleasure Vignesh, I'll be giving updates as it develops via HCIL.
Hey Akash!!! Any updates buddy. I am waiting for any news regarding Jazz and there seems to be none. In the meantime, if i20 Cross launches, I will have to evaluate that also.

I have booked i20, but after seeing Jazz at the plant I am thinking of that one too. Waiting for more details.
Hey Nishant!!! So you are going forward with the i20 booking. Right?? Especially when there is no news about Jazz. Or are you going to wait till mid-2015 for the Jazz??

Hey Nishant!!! So you are going forward with the i20 booking. Right?? Especially when there is no news about Jazz. Or are you going to wait till mid-2015 for the Jazz??
I had booked i20 in December End and was delivered in Early Jan. So its been 1 good month of ownership though I haven't ruled out Jazz yet. I am waiting for it and I might exchange my 2 year old Brio for Jazz.
I am ready to wait till it is launched.

Last edited:

I had booked i20 in December End and was delivered in Early Jan. So its been 1 good month of ownership though I haven't ruled out Jazz yet. I am waiting for it and I might exchange my 2 year old Brio for Jazz.
I am ready to wait till it is launched.
Cool buddy. Didn't know you got your i20. Any plans for an ownership review? Would like to know your feedback on the car.

Jazz release is no where to be seen. I am very disappointed with Honda here.

Cool buddy. Didn't know you got your i20. Any plans for an ownership review? Would like to know your feedback on the car.
Expect a Q2 release. June could be a more likely time frame.

I don't have car with me, it's used by brother so I can't write ownership review without thoroughly owning the car. I had booked it and I completed all formalities and was delivered as my bro was abroad. Now he is back and is using it. I had chance to use it and I was both Happy and Disappointed.
Old i20s weakness are not present in the new version, but some things left me unimpressed. Brakes are terrible, plastics have started to rattle when driven on good & rough roads.

I still think waiting for Jazz might make sense.
Jazz is likely to be launched in March as major websites (Autocar, Overdrive, Zigwheels) haven't mentioned the delay in it's launch. So lets wait for February end and more details would be leaked.

Autocar India Editor, Hormazd Sorabjee says that Jazz might launch in May/June. Production Constraints & Higher Localization reason for delay.

I still think waiting for Jazz might make sense.
Jazz is likely to be launched in March as major websites (Autocar, Overdrive, Zigwheels) haven't mentioned the delay in it's launch. So lets wait for February end and more details would be leaked.
I am ready to wait for Jazz at maximum till June. Don't think I can wait longer. Hope something comes out in Mar / Apr timeframes.

Autocar India Editor, Hormazd Sorabjee says that Jazz might launch in May/June. Production Constraints & Higher Localization reason for delay.
What an irony. They have the production capacity to manufacture and export to South Africa but not enough for Indian market? May / June?? As every week passes, Jazz launch is getting delayed by a month. What a pity.

What an irony. They have the production capacity to manufacture and export to South Africa but not enough for Indian market? May / June?? As every week passes, Jazz launch is getting delayed by a month. What a pity.
Ya they have started to export well before domestic launch. But what Honda might be waiting for is Budget to see if any major changes to Automobile sector is being done. As far as I know, The Motor Vehicles Act is being overhauled. So expect some changes. Imagine if cars above 1.2 L petrol attract same 12% tax, people like you and me would be smiling to book the Jazz 1.5 for the price of 1.2. This is just an example. Once the budget is announced, expect Honda to launch it in 1/2 weeks or at the max in 1.5 months.

Honda Exports a Diesel Jazz to Japan !
May be for testing or certification ?
Price seems to be at par with i20 at 7.80 lakhs.
Probably bro. It might be for certification or for some testing.

But I don't think we should read too much into the price. If you had noticed, the exported model is EMT iDTEC and price is NOT really in par with i20. The price of 7.8 L is matching that of Sportz(O) of i20 which will be miles ahead of Jazz EMT in terms of features.

I had also seen this a couple of days back in Zauba and reason why I did not bother to post it here is because I had seen prices for Exported City also. I don't think there is any relation between the ex-showroom price and the price mentioned for export. Case in point, 3 Honda City cars - all 3 VX iDTECs but having different prices. I have attached the picture below.

7.8L for EMT diesel will definitely be overpriced and will be suicidal for Honda.

Attachments

Top Bottom