New Honda Jazz Officially Launched in India

Re: 2014 Honda Jazz Spotted in India

Honda begins production of Jazz in Full Swing, to be launched in March or Before. Will come with 3 engine options, a 1.2 & 1.5 Petrol and a 1.5 Diesel. Both Petrol engines are likely to get Automatic gearbox. To be priced head on against Hyundai Elite i20

Source - blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2015/01/honda-jazz-2015-production-begins.html?m=1

Expect the 1.2 Petrol to have a Torque Converter & the 1.5 Petrol to have a CVT.
Also there were speculations about Lack of Fog Lamps & Turn Indicators, well some cars have them in the spy shots along with a sportier looking Alloys.
Honda might also offer a top end RS Trim like the Mobilio with additional features over the current top end V variant.
Honda Jazz RS a possibility| ZigWheels.com

Last edited:

Also there were speculations about Lack of Fog Lamps & Turn Indicators, well some cars have them in the spy shots along with a sportier looking Alloys.
Honda might also offer a top end RS Trim like the Mobilio with additional features over the current top end V variant.
Yes Nishant, from the spy pics it is clear that Jazz will have at least 3 variants. Below are the features I could pick up from the spy pics.

Base Variant
-> Wheel Caps
-> Black ORVM and door handles
-> Black Interiors
-> Single wipers?? (Not sure)
-> 175 R15 tires??

Mid Variant
-> Alloy Wheels
-> Body Colored ORVM and door handles
-> Two wipers
-> Black Interiors
-> 175 R15 tires??

Top Variant
-> Fog Lamps
-> Chrome Lip in front grille
-> ORVM with turn indicators
-> No DRLs??
-> Shark fin antenna?? Cant see any antenna on the front

Since the Top variant is parked very far, the features are not very visible. I guess, there will be a fourth RS variant which might be launched with a bit of delay, like the Mobilio RS. The Low and Mid variants are clearly visible in the pics. I am attaching the Top end pics for the benefit of members.

Attachments

From the pictures it is clear that we'll be getting a base version with basic features and a mid version with some essential features and a top variant that has all bells & whistles. RS trim might launch a bit later as a sportier version with body kit and spoilers.
Regarding the single wiper on base trim, Honda is unlikely to make cost cutting in these kind of things. The base & mid versions have antenna on the front while the top end will likely have a glass antenna or shark fin at the rear. After seeing all these pictures, I am concluding that we'll be getting same trims as Thailand/Malaysia spec versions.
A very good move by Honda to load the car with features.

Last edited:

A very good move by Honda to load the car with features.
In other words to justify the Pricey car all you can attract is with features only. Will this bring volumes to Jazz., may not be the case.
The name Jazz itself will put many off considering it being a dud the first time.

That is how it works in India - a difficult and demanding customer, slightly different from rest of the world.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Honda begins production of Jazz in Full Swing, to be launched in March or Before.
Is this true??? If Yes, a very good news for those looking forward to the Jazz
As per the revert I have received today from my friend, the production that has begun is that of an export model which is likely to be sent to African countries. In India, the launch will be there around July-2015 as earlier reported.

Regards

Akash

As per the revert I have received today from my friend, the production that has begun is that of an export model which is likely to be sent to African countries. In India, the launch will be there around July-2015 as earlier reported.

Regards

Akash
Why is Honda producing them to Export it to other countries rather then launching it here which is a bigger market and more relevent one. Also Honda doesn't usually Export higher cars. More details would be welcomed. I am always wondering why Autocar India is so mum about the Jazz. They haven't confirmed that it has been postponed to July and they haven't uploaded snaps of the spyshots either.

Regards

Akash
Oh man. Akash. This is a shocker, an unexpected twist. [anger] If Gaadiwaadi made my day this morning, you just ended it. [frustration] No offense dude. But the news this morning gave us Jazz fans a lot of expectation and I was virtually planning on my purchase. Now, the news from your contacts has made sure all the dreams were short-lived. Anyways, July is also fine. I will wait till then. What else can be done.

Rear Wiper for Base Variant!!! [surprise]
As stated above, this really could be for export market. We will get further downgraded/cost-cut product. Hope they price it below i20, or its dead already.

Why is Honda producing them to Export it to other countries rather then launching it here which is a bigger market and more relevent one. Also Honda doesn't usually Export higher cars. More details would be welcomed. I am always wondering why Autocar India is so mum about the Jazz. They haven't confirmed that it has been postponed to July and they haven't uploaded snaps of the spyshots either.
Akash and Nishant. On second thoughts, I doubt if Honda is planning to export this to Africa. Firstly, Honda is not someone who uses India as an export base. Secondly, Honda already has just enough capacity to satisfy local demands and will not export while giving longer waiting time to Indian customers. They are not Ford for God's sake.

However, I checked Honda websites in many African countries and South Africa seems to be the only country among them to sell Jazz. And guess what, Honda is launching the new Jazz in South Africa this February. But the catch is South Africa is getting the design that Honda showed in Europe and not the model shown / produced in India. Below is the picture shown in Honda's official South African website.

Now, we will have to wait for some more days. At least until the South African version is launched or Honda India comes up with an official statement.

Attachments

Thread Starter #88

2015 Honda Jazz To Get 16-Inch Alloy Wheels For V Variants

2015-Honda-Jazz-VMT-Spied.jpg

The top-end variant of the Honda Jazz will get 16-inch alloy wheels while the launch is expected by mid-2015. It will take on the Hyundai Elite i20.

With production commenced earlier this month, Honda Car India is gearing up to launch its next mass market offering the Jazz hatchback in the country. Making a comeback as a new generation model, the 2015 Jazz will be getting 16-inch alloy wheels on V variants as seen in this spy shot at the company’s Tapukara facility in Rajasthan. The VMT will be the range topping model on the hatchback and will come equipped with features like touchscreen infotainment system with navigation; Bluetooth, USB and AUX connectivity and much more.

Read more at 2015 Honda Jazz To Get 16-Inch Alloy Wheels For V Variants | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Gaadiwaadi has reported that India made Jazz wad exported to South Africa. Media drive was also done using the same there.

So Akash, your friend has asked actually given a very accurate info. From now on, you are going to be our most trusted source for Jazz related information. Keep then coming dude.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

So Akash, your friend has asked actually given a very accurate info. From now on, you are going to be our most trusted source for Jazz related information. Keep then coming dude.
My pleasure Vignesh, I'll be giving updates as it develops via HCIL.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom