New Honda Jazz Officially Launched in India

Re: 2014 Honda Jazz Spotted in India

A data from Zauba confirms that Honda has exported 5 Diesel versions of 'Made in India' Jazz to Japan.
The versions seem to be namely E, S, SV, VX. Similar to that of Honda City. The price of these multiple versions seem to be the same.
In case these versions are launched expect similar equipment levels like Malaysian/Thailand versions which have variants namely S(Base), V/V+ (Mid), SV/SV+(Top).
Link - https://www.zauba.com/export-honda-jazz-hs-code.html?

@BreezeAkaBrio,
Did they mention that next month they'll be having Training ? If yes, then surely it'll launch in April. So expect Media Drives in Mid- March.

A report from Rushlane confirms that Honda Jazz will be offered in 5 variants like the City. According to them, Jazz is likely to launch before Mid 2015.
More Details & Spy Shots - Honda Jazz diesel to launch in 5 variants, exports commenced
Hey buddy!!! Mid-2015 is still very far away [frustration] But I am not sure if you noticed one of the comments in this article. The comment mentions that Dakshin Honda Bangalore has started accepting pre--booking for Jazz. The authenticity of this comment cannot be confirmed. But if he is true, there are two possibilities. 1. Dakshin Honda is taking the prospective customers for a ride by unofficially (and illegally) taking the pre-booking amount (for which they will get interest until Jazz is launched). 2. Dakshin Honda has is clearly aware of the launch which is pretty close (probably because their staff was sent for training). Guess we should also try contacting Dakshin Honda and enquire regarding this [lol]

Jazz_prebooking.png

Ya, you are right, the dealer might be aware regarding the launch, variants. Normally dealers go through training before the car is launched which might be the case here. So nothing is ruled out.

The comment mentions that Dakshin Honda Bangalore has started accepting pre--booking for Jazz.
Friends, I tried to comment on the rushlane link yesterday and got a response from the person who put in the earlier comment. Again, not sure of the authenticity of the information provided.

jazz_prebook.png

Interestingly the person says that he has paid 21k as pre-booking amount to Dakshin Honda who have not really disclosed the launch date. However, the poster is speculating an April delivery [shock]

I have mailed my queries to various dealers in Bangalore and awaiting their response / calls. Will keep the forum posted on the developments. I feel this is getting interesting [lol]

Seems a scam brewing here.

In all recent launches which dealers did take such bookings without the Company announcing so?

For a face lift this is possible but definitely not for a new launch.

Seems a scam brewing here.

In all recent launches which dealers did take such bookings without the Company announcing so?

For a face lift this is possible but definitely not for a new launch.
Yes VM2011, looks like you are correct. I just got a call from Dakshin Honda and they told me that they were actually doing pre-booking but have stopped it for the time being. They expect to resume pre-booking in March once they get a clear picture about the colors and variants. They also expect the launch to be in April. This is all information I could get from them.

So probably the comment posted in Rushlane was actually correct and he was among the few who did pre-booking before Dakshin Honda stopped it. I am still waiting for communication from other dealers as well.

Thread Starter #117

If HONDA managed to price to below the HYUNDAI i20 it will sell like a hot cakes [clap] i think the biggest looser will be TATA BOLT if Full loaded Honda Jazz cost around 8.6lacks onroad

If HONDA managed to price to below the HYUNDAI i20 it will sell like a hot cakes [clap] i think the biggest looser will be TATA BOLT if Full loaded Honda Jazz cost around 8.6lacks onroad
Don't think that will happen, but if Honda manages to undercut i20 prices it sales figures that i20 is currently enjoying will come down just like City did to Verna. I think Honda will price Jazz at par or slightly higher than Elite i20. Either way, the Jazz has loads of ingredients to make it a success and Honda have clearly said they don't want to repeat the mistake they did back in 2009.
OT: Bolt is affected due to lack of Brand Image. Nothing can be done about that. If Bolt & Zest were Honda products they would have sold 3 times what they are selling currently.

Don't think that will happen, but if Honda manages to undercut i20 prices it sales figures that i20 is currently enjoying will come down just like City did to Verna. I think Honda will price Jazz at par or slightly higher than Elite i20. Either way, the Jazz has loads of ingredients to make it a success and Honda have clearly said they don't want to repeat the mistake they did back in 2009.
OT: Bolt is affected due to lack of Brand Image. Nothing can be done about that. If Bolt & Zest were Honda products they would have sold 3 times what they are selling currently.
+1. It will be extremely difficult for Honda to price Jazz below i20. The closest they will be able to do will be 20k above i20. But that itself should be sufficient to get a decent market share. Jazz will sell over 4k per month if they achieve this pricing IMO. To price it anything lower, Honda will have to reduce the features which will make i20 more VFM and will not help Jazz at all. Honda has a better petrol engine and diesel engine should match i20's. This + Better interior + boot space added to Honda's premium brand image will all justify the 20-30k premium. But reducing the creature comforts and features will put off the potential premium hatchback customer for sure. So Honda should not cut any corners with respect to features and quality IMO.

All said, it will be impossible for Jazz to beat i20 unlike what City did to Verna. Reason is i20 is a very new product unlike Verna which was beginning to show its age by the time the new City was launched.

With the Union Budget already presented and with nothing in it in favor of the automobile manufacturers, can we expect Honda to finalize the variants and pricing in a month and launch Jazz in April??

With regards to Bolt, Tata themselves have killed the product by pricing it too close to Zest. For an additional 30k, Top-end Zest gives a more powerful engine + Dual tone interior + LED DRLs + Thicker tyres + softer ride + bigger boot + Reverse parking sensors. Who in the right sense of mind will go for Bolt instead of Zest. Very bad pricing by Tata IMO.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #120

present Honda City price starts from 7.65L for base E and 10.50L for topend VX (petrol)

So City and Jazz shares same platform and components at certain extent so we may expect honda Jazz price atleast 1.5lacks seller then Honda city so means Jazz may starts with 5.99L for base E-petrol

But i personally feel that if Honda Jazz price starts 5.99L means its not good option for customers because even VW POLO price starts from 5.50L

Top Bottom