Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

kkn13

Suspended
True that.

I wouldnt say Renault, because they have a small product lineup and each product is unique (speaking of Kwid and Duster). But yes, their cousins over at Nissan/Datsun are more guilty.
Another offender used to be Maruti , but they are trying something new with the Ignis and the Baleno. Especially the Ignis.
Hyundai has the experience and the pulse of the customer to launch something radical. But somehow I dont find any of their cars exciting at all. There is nothing unique by way of design or performance. Santro was radical, so was the Getz . But all the other cars, Elite I20 onwards, look and feel just the same inside out.
Maybe its a good thing, all their cars look pretty attractive and very feature loaded
Why I mentioned Renault is the Duster, it launched for 11L on road initially and is now 15-16L

I have a Feeling Honda City will suffer majorily since Hyundai Sx(o) Automatic is looking far more VFM than the City Automatic VX and ZX trims which account for nearly 40% of the Sales. Ciaz Diesel which had the SHVS discount will also lose out , since many will prefer the more powerful Hyundai Engine. Will be very suprised if this does not cross 5K sales a Month.

kkn13

Suspended
I have a Feeling Honda City will suffer majorily since Hyundai Sx(o) Automatic is looking far more VFM than the City Automatic VX and ZX trims which account for nearly 40% of the Sales. Ciaz Diesel which had the SHVS discount will also lose out , since many will prefer the more powerful Hyundai Engine. Will be very suprised if this does not cross 5K sales a Month.
Nah Honda City offers a bolder look,more space , better petrol engine (1.5 IVTEC) and competitors like the Creta etc have also not munched into their sales
But Honda diesels are pretty loud and crude, not as good as Hyundai

Ciaz wont lose out, it may not have got GST benefits but its priced much lower and arguably better resale though Hyundai and Honda arent far behind and Id take any of the 3 depending on my usage,eyes closed

I am jealous of the new verna. Feels like I should have waited a year especially considering price of petrol-SX(O) MT in Mysore and features, 13.8L ON-ROAD !!!!!!.

Is it just me or plastic feels cheap & tacky when compared to older gen especially on door trims ?

I feel that car is a VFM for its features and reliability.

PS : There is a rumour that hyundai may introduce a 1.4L engine pricing even below current E variant.

New Verna fluidic 1.6 d review

Road Test of New Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 D 2017:

Exterior:

New hexagonal grill.
New flattered headlamps with projector lamps and DRLS.
A more coupe like roof line that ends to the tail lamp.
New triangle shape taillamps with leds.

Interior:
New touch screen info system with 5 inches in lower variants and 7 inches in top end sx 1.6d.
Voice command with android auto and apple car play[clap].
All new steering with audio and other controls.
Height adjustable seat belts.
Best and first in class Air cooled seats.
Top and comes with the sun roof.
Key sensing hands-free boot opener best in class[clap].

Safety:
2 airbags and abs standard.
6 airbags in the top end.

Driving experience:
1. Best in class pick up as the 1.4 variants of petrol and diesel are discontinued.
2. Steering improved a lot but still feel light on high speeds[frustration].
3. More silent pleasure driving in diesel as per the sales guy petrol is more please in the city as torque flattered.

Looking at the OTR Prices in Bangalore where Top End SX (O) is 15.50 Lakhs, which sounds VFM when compared to City and Vento, definitely it's good for the power offered and for the features.

kkn13

Suspended
Im eyeing the crdi AT variant but steering and rear legroom are holding me back , coming from a 3rd gen City
I hope Ecosport doesnt disappoint

I visited today for doing PDI of my Elantra SX(O) AT. Saw couple of Verna's on display. Black looks very attractive. Silver is neutral and white looks good. My impressions of few minutes spending there is interiors are ok and I felt Hyundai could have just picked simple single color seats instead of dual tone which is not looking that good. Interior quality again average. Exterior also look like facelift but feature list is impressive. Overall VFM car with Hyundai's service back up and peace of mind. They should have offered Diesel SX(O) AT which could have been trump card to beat rivals.

Im eyeing the crdi AT variant but steering and rear legroom are holding me back , coming from a 3rd gen City
I hope Ecosport doesnt disappoint
I don't Ecosport will score much on the space front with respect to Verna, especially rear legroom. We are in the market to replace my Dad's nearly 8 year old CIty. I was thinking off CIty VX/ZX until Verna showed up. The VFM pricing of Verna has defiantly got us interested.

Since I drive both Ecosport and 3rd gen Honda City, I can tell Honda City has more space, looks premium. Ecosport handles better, has better brakes stronger suspension, does not bottom out much, has much driver visibility. I understand Honda has corrected the soft suspension of the City in 2014 but the 175 section tyres do not give adequate braking and there have been some panic situation in Highways.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
I don't Ecosport will score much on the space front with respect to Verna, especially rear legroom. We are in the market to replace my Dad's nearly 8 year old CIty. I was thinking off CIty VX/ZX until Verna showed up. The VFM pricing of Verna has defiantly got us interested.

Since I drive both Ecosport and 3rd gen Honda City, I can tell Honda City has more space, looks premium. Ecosport handles better, has better brakes stronger suspension, does not bottom out much, has much driver visibility. I understand Honda has corrected the soft suspension of the City in 2014 but the 175 section tyres do not give adequate braking and there have been some panic situation in Highways.
I know but at least Ecosport has higher seating and SUV feel which is a boon for tall people like me
Also GC is a concern, I also own 3rd gen City and while it doesnt exactly hinder me from going anywhere, its certainly low enough to make me a bit nervous
185 section tyres and above does wonders for the City btw, Michelins were too soft though NVH was great

Verna has the edge of a diesel torque converter now, which makes it a top contender unless Ecosport gets the same or maybe even a petrol TC

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Official Press Release: Super Sedan Next Gen Verna Scales Record Sales

Next Gen Verna.jpg

- Receives More than 7,000 bookings with 70,000 enquiries

- First 10,000 Next Gen Verna Deliveries before Diwali

New Delhi, August 31, 2017: Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL), the country’s second-largest car manufacturer received an overwhelming response for Next Gen Verna with more than 7,000 Bookings with 70,000 enquires since its super launch in India on August 22, 2017.

Commenting on the bookings, Mr. YK Koo, MD & CEO, HMIL said, “We are overwhelmed with strong customer response and appreciation for the Next Gen Verna within 10 days of its launch. The 5th Generation Next Gen Verna is a true expression of a super sedan which is Intelligent by Design with Human Technology Connect. It is a Trendsetter and Game changer product creating new benchmarks in its segment exceeding customer aspirations. The Next Gen Verna bookings are almost double of our monthly target, we thank our customers and reaffirm our commitment for an early delivery to the first 10,000 customers before Diwali.”

Built on All New K2 platform similar to Hyundai’s Global Bestseller Elantra, The Next Gen Verna is a technological marvel developed with Futuristic Design, Dynamic Performance, Super safety, New Technology & Advanced Features. The superior performance of the Next Gen Verna stems from the vehicle’s SUPER BODY STRUCTURE frame built with 50% Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) that lends it super strength and safety.

About HMIL

Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is the second largest car manufacturer and leading passenger car exporter in India. It currently has ten car models across segments – Eon, Grand i10, Elite i20, Active i20, Xcent, Verna, CRETA, Elantra, Tucson and Santa Fe. HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts advanced production, quality and testing capabilities.

HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub. It currently exports to around 87 countries across Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Australia and the Asia Pacific. To support its growth and expansion plans, HMIL currently has 480 dealers and more than 1,260 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, Hyundai has a modern multi-million dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D center endeavors to be a center of excellence in automobile engineering.
Regards

Akash

Top Bottom