Hyundai Verna (5th Gen) Launched in India @ ₹7.99 Lacs

Bought the new Verna EX Diesel MT
Congrats on your purchase, Lakshay and a hearty welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com
She's gorgeous in white paint, please do post an ownership review soon to hear about it.

The music system or Display is really an eyesore for a 10 Lakh+ car [frustration]

However enjoy the ownership buddy, wishing you happy miles with it.

Congrats on your purchase, Lakshay and a hearty welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com
She's gorgeous in white paint, please do post an ownership review soon to hear about it.

The music system or Display is really an eyesore for a 10 Lakh+ car [frustration]

However enjoy the ownership buddy, wishing you happy miles with it.
Congrats buddy! Will wait to hear about your ownership experience soon.
Woah, its a stunner in any trim !!! [glasses]
Except for the halogens, get some 4300K [;)]
Congrats!!
Thankyou!
Even I expected the system to be like the Russia's Solaris

Attachments

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Dont worry, youll easily get kits to maintain OEM look with aftermarket HUs
Though warranty and dealer issues are a grey area

Or get a different one fit via the dealer

Thankyou!
Even I expected the system to be like the Russia's Solaris
Hi Lakshay, congrats on the new car!
I have also pre-ordered EX Auto Diesel and will be getting the delivery in the next 7 to 10 days.
I would like to request you to post pictures of the MID or Instrument Cluster. I especially want to see if it is the same as the top-end variant which has Instantaneous and Average fuel economy, Graphical Door-open indicator, Service Interval reminder settings etc.

It's available in the sx model. I think sx is more vfm than the ex. Check reply number 87.
SX model has 7.0 inch system with navigation, yes SX is definitely vfm in petrol variant but in not in diesel in my opinion.

I am using this music system in my Creta also, it's a good basic HU. And in Creta this system is well integrated in the dash

Attachments

SX model has 7.0 inch system with navigation, yes SX is definitely vfm in petrol variant but in not in diesel in my opinion.
If you're wanting to upgrade then, I suggest you install from the service center itself to avoid warranty voids and stuff. Else if the current system feels enough for your needs then let it be the way it is.

I am using this music system in my Creta also, it's a good basic HU. And in Creta this system is well integrated in the dash
From the last pic the Instrument and cluster seems to be tilted to the driver's side, is it true or it only to me?? why is this done?

If you're wanting to upgrade then, I suggest you install from the service center itself to avoid warranty voids and stuff. Else if the current system feels enough for your needs then let it be the way it is.

From the last pic the Instrument and cluster seems to be tilted to the driver's side, is it true or it only to me?? why is this done?
The current system is enough for my needs and I am not looking to upgrade it.
Yes the instrument cluster is tilted towards the driver.

The current system is enough for my needs and I am not looking to upgrade it.
Yes the instrument cluster is tilted towards the driver.
Can you please confirm if the MID displays instantaneous fuel economy and average etc.? Would request if possible to post a pic of the MID

What is the size of your infotainment system screen?
It's a 5.0 inch touchscreen unit almost same as the one in the lower variants of Creta

Can you please confirm if the MID displays instantaneous fuel economy and average etc.? Would request if possible to post a pic of the MID
Yes MID displays instantaneous fuel economy as well as trip average, Instantaneous economy is displayed with the bar and above it is the trip's average

It has 2 extra USB ports for charging your phones and you don't need a car charger anymore.

Attachments

Thanks Lakshay. Looks like the instrument cluster is different from the one in the top variant. But this looks decent too.

One last question for Lakshay (As you can probably realise, I am very excited) - is that the mic on bottom right in the headunit picture you posted? Is the Mic available anywhere else in the car for making Bluetooth phone calls? Wondering if I replace the headunit where will the mic fit in the replacement system.

Top Bottom