Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Re: Hyundai's Mini-SUV (Ecosport Rival) Caught On Test

Hyundai ix25 test mule snapped on Greater Noida expressway

Hyundai’s ix25 crossover is being tested in India and a test mule was recently spotted on the Greater Noida expressway. We now have some more pictures of the upcoming vehicle, thanks to our reader Vishant.

While the manufacturer seems to be preparing itself for a launch in a couple of months, the testing of the ix25 in a disguised avatar still continues. More or less like a smaller version of the Santa Fe, the ix25 carries over the same design language from its sibling. It measures 4,270mm in length, 1,780mm in width and 1,630mm in height. The top-of-the-line version is fully loaded with projector headlamps, DRLs, roof rails, alloy wheels and OVRMs integrated with side indicators.

The Hyundai ix25 is presently only available in China with a sun roof, cruise control, automatic climate control, keyless start and reverse parking camera. The Indian market might get the same model, without the Korean manufacturer skimping on any of the features in the India-spec model.

The powertrain for the ix25 is expected to be carried over from the Hyundai Verna. While the Chinese model comes with AWD, automatic gearbox and ESP, we don’t think the same will be introduced for the Indian market. However, the company might also offer the 1.6-litre engine with manual and automatic transmission options according to different variants.

Prelaunch activities and media drives of the Hyundai ix25 might start next month, followed by the launch in August. The ix25 is expected to create a lot of excitement on its arrival in our country. With its introduction, we will have another player in the crossover segment going up against the Ford EcoSport, Renault Duster and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alpha.

Hyundai ix25 test mule snapped on Greater Noida expressway - CarWale News

Attachments

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Caught Testing

Seems dealers have started updating their websites with ix25 details. Does that mean they will retain the name - ix25 in India?

ix25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As per Hyundai the pronunciation of "CRETA" evokes similarities with the term creative.

Hyundai’s Creta SUV is likely to come with a choice of 1.6 petrol and diesel engines from the Verna. These engines have worked like a charm on the Verna. There will be many segment-first features in the Creta including daytime running lamps, projectors and much more. Expect the interiors to be as luxurious as the Hyundai i20 Active and crammed with features, a Hyundai forte.

Hyundai may launch the new Creta compact SUV sometime in July 2015.

Source : Overdrive

Last edited:
I didnt like the name Creta,Ix25 was lot better.It would have easily fitted on with i10,i20.I think they wanted to create a new identity in suv department.They would have to do lot of marketing to hammer the word CRETA.

Abusive word, though it means "chalk" and also "idiot". Has potential for families to reject the vehicle. Wish Hyundai team chooses a better name. BTW, "Cretan Terrain" refers to the "largest and most populous of the Greek islands".

@allhyundaicars Who is the new member naughtyhyundaicars ?

So its a "Chalk" vs "Duster" eh ? We all grew up observing the outcome of their interaction [lol].

Someone also mentioned tongue-in-cheek, that Creta reminds of "ex-creta":eek:

Ridiculous name for an SUV. I am sure Hyundai will have issues selling in other markets as Creta. Hyundai Creta makes the likes of Premier Rio sound "premium" and Force One sound absolutely Macho.

I wonder what batch of MBA Marketing whizkids is taking up positions in auto firms these days. Hyundai "Creta", Maruti "Brezza", Renault "Kwid" .

Last edited:
The name doesnt matter as similar ridiculous names have later became market leaders, including liva, ertiga, innova, lenia, uva etc. Let the car prove itself, and mass will take care of the rest

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@allhyundaicars Who is the new member naughtyhyundaicars ?
I checked many links on the first page and all showed some different meaning. I also read the chalk. And i'm sure everyone will go through the second link [lol]

Ridiculous name for an SUV. I am sure Hyundai will have issues selling in other markets as Creta. Hyundai Creta makes the likes of Premier Rio sound "premium" and Force One sound absolutely Macho.

I wonder what batch of MBA Marketing whizkids is taking up positions in auto firms these days. Hyundai "Creta", Maruti "Brezza", Renault "Kwid" .
I didnt know about brezza. And agreed all 3 names that you mention are really odd.

The name doesnt matter as similar ridiculous names have later became market leaders, including liva, ertiga, innova, lenia, uva etc. Let the car prove itself, and mass will take care of the rest
Hyundai would have done good (with the name) if they followed ix25. Imagine the situation , if you buy this and your friends ask you which car did you buy ? I think saying ix25 will be better since everyone itis familiar with the prefix letter "i" so it won't seem odd.

I can't imagine telling my friends that i bought a hyundai creta. I'm sure they will say all types of names "keeda"(insect) and what not.

Let this car prove in its segment, the name will automatically grow on us. I have seen some people around me who still call my Grand i10 as i10 [anger]

I can't imagine telling my friends that i bought a hyundai creta. I'm sure they will say all types of names "keeda"(insect) and what not.
I think its pronounced as Hyundai creata - emphasizing the creativity which went behind this.

I have almost finalized creta as soon as its launched, unless a dual airbag version carries an exorbitant price of 13L or more on road

Name will not matter as long as other things are there. Looks like a very good package. Will be interesting to see how it will be priced. If priced alongside duster variant for variant, I think its goodbye to duster.

Name will not matter as long as other things are there. Looks like a very good package. Will be interesting to see how it will be priced. If priced alongside duster variant for variant, I think its goodbye to duster.
Duster can still survive for its 4x4 feature which Creta is not having. Don't know how this compact SUV will do in upcoming sales chart. Fingers crossed !!

Top Bottom