Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
T
Duster can still survive for its 4x4 feature which Creta is not having. Don't know how this compact SUV will do in upcoming sales chart. Fingers crossed !!
Not many people prefer 4*4 only those go for it who really wants 4*4. Also don't think creta can defeat the duster in suspension department. But creta's won't be that bad Plus nice quality interiors plus features will move the public away.

Like i mentioned before they have to improve the interior quality in the duster or else it will surely fail.

I like the duster's macho look and will have to see how creta looks in front of it.

Last edited:
T

Not many people prefer 4*4 only those go for it who really wants 4*4. Also don't think creta can defeat the duster in suspension department. But creta's won't be that bad Plus nice quality interiors plus features will move the public away.

Like i mentioned before they have to improve the interior quality in the duster or else it will surely fail.

I like the duster's macho look and will have to see how creta looks in front of it.
I have a friend who is looking forward to the launch as he buys only cars with ground clearance like MUV & SUV. The Duster is good in ride & handling. But rear leg room & pathetic interiors are a shock for the price. I dint like the name Creta but i dont think it will hurt much as it will offer more road presence due to styling & good interiors & a better service network over the Terrano & Duster. I recently checked out new Scorpio. Was impressed with interior plastics,i guess its an example all makers should take.

I hope this new Hyundai doesnt have any serious glitches like clutch etc like in usual new car launches they have had. I would probably wait a good 6 months for them to sort out issues & then buy the car.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Of all the places in the world , hyundai had to enlighten its new suv by "this"[frustration]?? Name sounds very girlish[roll]
I think we should not talk about this topic :p as many said people will get habitual with the name and it won't sound odd after some time.

I have a friend who is looking forward to the launch as he buys only cars with ground clearance like MUV & SUV. The Duster is good in ride & handling. But rear leg room & pathetic interiors are a shock for the price. I dint like the name Creta but i dont think it will hurt much as it will offer more road presence due to styling & good interiors & a better service network over the Terrano & Duster. I recently checked out new Scorpio. Was impressed with interior plastics,i guess its an example all makers should take.

I hope this new Hyundai doesnt have any serious glitches like clutch etc like in usual new car launches they have had. I would probably wait a good 6 months for them to sort out issues & then buy the car.
i didn't know it has bad rear leg room since i didn't sit on the rear seats when i took a td of the duster. Renault has tried to improve the interiors , they have soft touch plastic only on the top end , wonder why is that. Haven't personally check but the duster facelift i think was supposted to come last year right. don't think duster have much negatives but the interior and the rear legroom.

I think your friend will go for the creta if price difference is not much.

@Prads, I am AMAZED that you are happy with the plastic quality of the new Scorpio over the Duster. Just amazed.
I plonked in 14 big ones for the Duster. With respect to leg room , I dont have any problems .My dad is 5'7 and can comfortably sit behind the front passenger seat, set to my wife's height ( 5'5'). And my mom sits behind the drivers seat (I am 5'11) ,with room to spare. What more do you need ? We are all talking as if India is a nation of 6 footers, like the Dutch.

If rear leg room were the only criteria, then all Tata cars would be selling like hot cakes. Even the Elantra doesnt hold a candle to the Tata Manza in that department.

Its high time people focused on ride, handling, robustness , durability and reliability. As far as the jng-bang goes, apart from climate control, I dont see what is missing in a Duster vis-a-vis lets say, a C-segment Hyundai car. And I dont include nearly useless items such as electrically folding ORVMs or push-start button. I have one car with these and one without. Doesnt make a damn difference in terms of convenience to me !

Last edited:
^ Well regardless of how much money(big ones) i put on my car, my views are unbiased. I am sorry if you took offence.
Had been to a Mahindra showroom & saw the new Scorpio interior & the plastic did impress me atleast for the segment.
As for the Duster the rear seat is moved ahead to match it with the pillar for the seat belt.Otherwise with a bit of redesign alot of space could be achieved. Well i am from India & not Dutch, am 6. I honestly felt rear seat could use more leg room. I had considered the Duster also. But right now shifted my gaze towards a Mahindra getaway (bit held up due to colour as i prefer white)as a compromise between a Duster AWD & Thar.

Going by the images, it is quite evident that the Creta is gonna have some styling cues from the i20 but with a muscle added to it. Well, that's a good thing because it seems to have got the road presence as well as the muscle to present itself as an SUV.

Coming to the name part, I don't think it is gonna hit the vehicle much; given that the vehicle hits the sweet spot. I have seen people laughing at the name 'Duster' in the initial days and then going to market and buying one for themselves after a couple of months. Similar can be the story of Creta. Do Santa Fe sounds like the name of an SUV? Still it's selling more than Paj Sport and Endy, isn't it?

Being a Hyundai, we can expect it to have a classy interior, light steering and foot controls, a list of features, good A.S.S. back up and a VFM price tag. And looking at the love we Indians have started showing for these front wheel driven mutated hatchbacks with high GC..err.. compact SUV's I mean, this one will sell. In fact I'd say that Renault and Nissan need to keep an eye on this one and plan the updates for their bread and butter model if this one hits the sweet spot.

@Prads:
Around 8 months back, I too had nothing good to say about the Scorpio, but this new version has changed everything. No doubt Mahindra has done some brilliant work on the vehicle and have gone quite far in improving the Scorpio and bringing it in line with these so-called front wheel driven modern SUVs(err). I am deeply impressed with the Scorpio and can plan to buy one for sure some day.

I'm 2cm shy of 6 ft. Never had problem in Duster rest seats. Duster is not M-800. Let's not throw mud for the sake of throwing (pun intended).

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Hyundai CRETA (ix25) at Noida Express Way today.

20150605_112402.jpg

20150605_112352.jpg

20150605_112452.jpg

* Quite a well designed car.

* Interiors as per protocol I can't disclose but really well designed. Expect lot of useful gadgets in the dashboard.

* I had a good look at its interiors but did not click due to protocol.

* CRETA will surely not let the prospective buyer down.

* Launch to take place around August 2015.

Today's Pics are only for The Automotive India. Any re-use needs full credit to T.A.I

Regards

Akash

I'm 2cm shy of 6 ft. Never had problem in Duster rest seats. Duster is not M-800. Let's not throw mud for the sake of throwing (pun intended).
I am guessing the comment is aimed at me. Everyone here loves cars. Everyone who has bought a car has pride in it.But its mature to know we are not responsible for the way its designed or built.And certainly not a reason to get agressive over an opinion. I know how impressive the ride & handling duster has especially over those nasty multispeed bumps.
As for the rear seat just take a look at the boot area & rear leg room. You will notice there was scope to improve.if the driver backrest is leaned the rear passenger knee has a conflict.As the price rises expectations rise also.Felt boot is too overzeaous in comparison to rear leg room.

Now back to the Creta(ix25) it appears from the pics Hyundai has gone with a soft suspension, so don't think its going to handle well(speculating). But rear seats seem spacious & boot space seems moderate. Am judging this based on the side profile pic on previous page. As for price I am guessing its going to be easily 14 to 16 lakhs on road.

@tsiVipul

Yes I was surprised by the new Scorpio in comparison to the previous models.The Getaway model I am seeing though is still old Scorpio.Its suits my needs for rural & agriculture use. Like to carry barrels & fertilzers out in the cargo while still sitting in a dust free Ac cabin.Also the 4wd is a bonus in monsoon situations.

As for the growing urge for small softroaders.I guess its the Indian roads & need for ground clearance.The Duster & Ecosport did spur a new segment. I also decided to buy something like this in future after I had to abandon the car for a week after a cracked oil sump.And then having it towed almost a 100kms.All cos ground clearance wasn't enought to clear a loose stone/rock at 20km/hr. I guess more & more consumers are feeling the need for an SUV which handles like a car & has the ground clearance it offers along with the looks & stance.Obviously it wont match Fortuner or Endy in that department.But no one will offroad it & only want it to get past a flooded street at the max.The consumer mindset has changed from the hatchback& sedan which sit low to something which is more taller yet stable. Am guessing more will come into the market soon.

Last edited:
I agree with this statement regarding the need for a SUV like ground clearance, hatch/sedan like dimensions and handling. Thats the reason I went for a Duster. To me, it affords all the characteristics of spacious hatch whilst having a generous GC to tackle inclement road conditions. As long as I dont indulge in high speed stunts on the Expressway at over 120 kmph (which I anyway dont), I am as good or better than a hatch/sedan . And there is decent economy too. Coming after my lovely experience with a Linea T-JEt, like I mentioned in my ownership report, I dont miss anything in the Duster other than climate control.

Creta - interiors spied

The Creta seen here is likely a mid-level variant on test, indicated by the manual aircon system. However, it sports alloy wheels, projector headlights, integrated turn signals on the wing mirrors, a rear wiper and a 6-speed manual transmission
Hyundai-Creta-gear-spied-900x507.jpg
Hyundai-Creta-dashboard-spied-900x508.jpg

Source:IAB

Last edited:
Top Bottom