Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Source: ACI & CarTrade

Hyundai expects the new Creta to further strengthen the company's position in the Indian market, especially with the growing popularity of the SUV segment. The Creta was initially expected to be launched in August, but with the Maruti’s S-Cross coming in July, Hyundai rescheduled the launch, to keep one of the main rivals in check.

In terms of styling, the Creta gets black body cladding with faux silver scuff plates, a triple-slat chrome hexagonal grille, angular headlamps with LED elements, robust-looking front and rear bumpers, 17 or 18-inch alloy wheels, neatly styled tail-lamps and around 200mm of ground clearance. The Creta has also been styled to look well planted, with the lower half of the car being wider than the top.

On the inside, the Creta is expected to get colour-coordinated dashboards depending on the variant, with matching piping stitched into the seats as well. The centre console gets a touchscreen infotainment system flanked by vertical air-con vents with silver surround. Lower down it gets the familiar climate control switch-gear as seen on its siblings. The multi-function steering is also similar to the one in the new i20. The instrument cluster consists of traditional dials that are easy to read. Other inclusions in the Creta are the push button start, Bluetooth telephony controls on the steering and safety features such as ABS and dual airbags as standard.

Under the hood, the Creta is expected to be powered by Hyundai’s 1.6-litre diesel engine pumping out 126bhp and 26.5kgm of torque. Power will be sent to the wheels through a six-speed manual and an automatic gearbox.

Creta will measure 4270mm in length, 1780mm in width, 1630mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2590mm. The compact SUV will be equipped with several comfort-enhancing features such as projector headlights with LED daytime running lights, diamond-cut 16-inch alloy wheels, a multifunction steering wheel, a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, smart entry with push button start etc. Safety features on offer will be ABS (anti-lock braking system), EBD (electronic brake-force distribution) and dual airbags with an optional side and curtain airbags.

This car looks good, but cost cutting will be evident. Especially in areas that are most essential.
In our i20, when the digital speedo is on, the odometer & tripmeter cannot be seen. How crazy & stupid is Hyundai to delete such essential thing. While people go gaga over Hyundai, these little things should be there. Let's hope the Creta is a complete package.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The car has not been launched yet and you say cost cutting will be evident ? Did you take part in developing the car ?

What's with you always bashing on i20 with little stupid things. If the digital odo doesn't show the trip meter does it mean it's a cost cutting measure ? please do explain how. For once stop with all these posts and enjoy your ride. Didn't read anywhere how you liked the car without any negative in your comment. Ask your brother to sell it and lower your losses sell it you'll fetch decent amount since demand is high. Buy the jazz, with your post in jazz thread it looks like you helped in developing jazz as well.

Last edited:
The car has not been launched yet and you say cost cutting will be evident ?
I just said Hyundai not to repeat the mistakes they did with i20. They dint do any cost cutting to the Verna but they did for i20.

What's with you always bashing on i20 with little stupid things. If the digital odo doesn't show the trip meter does it mean it's a cost cutting measure ?
Then why did Hyundai remove that, will you not see the tripmeter when you're in the car. I will see it, hence i felt its a missed feature (in my words, Cost Cutting).

For once stop with all these posts and enjoy your ride.
I have been doing this since many years, i will highlight again when the next car comes.

Didn't read anywhere how you liked the car without any negative in your comment.
I shall give my positives regarding i20 since you have asked it
1. Good Looks
2. Good Interiors
3. Good Diesel Engine, Petrol engine was a disappointment
4. Improved Ride & Handling compared to older i20
5. Good Space compared to Swift, Polo, Micra.
6. Good ASS
7. Expecting good resale after around 3 years.
8. Decent Build Quality, i don't have any complaints regarding the materials used, they are good. But, how will the plastics behave over the years will determine the build. Some say, i20 has very good build, i want to ask them what does build quality mean to them, i want explanation.

Ask your brother to sell it and lower your losses sell it you'll fetch decent amount since demand is high.
If he wants to sell his car, he will sell it at the time which he wants to, i cant interfere with him. He just drives from A to B and i will use his car when he has taken my car with him.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I just said Hyundai not to repeat the mistakes they did with i20. They dint do any cost cutting to the Verna but they did for i20.

Then why did Hyundai remove that, will you not see the tripmeter when you're in the car. I will see it, hence i felt its a missed feature (in my words, Cost Cutting).
You said cost cutting WILL be evident. I don't know what this statement means to you but for me and for everybody else it will seem like you have personally checked the car and arrived at the conclusion.

Maybe next time use proper sentences.

And about the speedometer, so can't you just press a button to go out of the digital speedometer and check the trip readings ?

You immediately said it's a cost cutting measure , i say maybe there was some problem with the software or any other reason. Do you have advanced knowledge of digital meters ? have you thought that a manufacturer can include or not include a thing maybe because it's complex , maybe to you it feels like it's such a small thing but did you really design it ? Maybe including that would have messed up all the other settings or maybe it was a cost cutting measure.

again, things you write can be seen by everyone on the internet. So please use your words wisely and to the point.

This car looks good, but cost cutting will be evident. Especially in areas that are most essential.
In our i20, when the digital speedo is on, the odometer & tripmeter cannot be seen. How crazy & stupid is Hyundai to delete such essential thing. While people go gaga over Hyundai, these little things should be there. Let's hope the Creta is a complete package.
Either you mean that they have omitted the trip meter and odo meter or you mean they are hidden when digital speedo is on. If the former is right then Hyundai is crazy and stupid and if the latter is right then [evil]

I can't understand how this digital speedo thing is a cost cutting measure and why it requires such a highlight?

There can be two opinions on everything and if one opinion is 'it hides trip data' then another opinion can be 'it gives a very clear display without any type of confusing causing elements, in fact it should be very clear and readable in a milli second while driving and isn't it so?' A display cluttered with many numbers (small too, to fit them all) is definitely more cumbersome to read than the one giving a clear number (even if small). Well, who has 1-2 seconds of time while doing 120 kph to remove the eyes from the road and read the display?

So there is an another side of coin too and maybe Hyundai did it for the sake of safety. By the way, how many of you guys drive with one eye at trip meter? I drive looking at tacho and speedo at times but not the trip meter at least.

Another fact:
When it comes to refinement, fit, finish and features; Hyundai products are worth benchmarking and the hard work Hyundai s doing must be appreciated. Instead I am disappointed with Honda now because they have now started looking at cost cutting more than adding the premium feel and still they charge people a premium for their brand name. Most classic example is Mobilio!

Last edited:
Agreeing @TSIVipul on the comments on Honda. Happen to drive a 1 year old Honda city diesel last week, and the engine noise in the cabin reminds me of a power generator. Not sure whether it is due to that particular vehicle, or a common across Honda city diesel variants. Cannot imagine such a mule from Honda.
Its far behind the city petrol variant, which is the best sedan I have driven till date in India.

Steering Wheel looks great, different from other Hyundais. The instrument cluster looks good, but the needles seem to at the opposite end. I can see Automatic Gear Knob, and the Audio is non Touch Screen type. Expect the Top Most variant to have a Touch HU maybe.

Agreeing @TSIVipul on the comments on Honda. Happen to drive a 1 year old Honda city diesel last week, and the engine noise in the cabin reminds me of a power generator. Not sure whether it is due to that particular vehicle, or a common across Honda city diesel variants. Cannot imagine such a mule from Honda.
Its far behind the city petrol variant, which is the best sedan I have driven till date in India.
That's true. Honda is now using more of its brand value and is charging premium for the 'H' badge, exactly like Toyota is doing.
No offence to City, Amaze or Mobilio owners but I am yet to discover what is special or different in the 1.5l i-dtec engine. This engine is neither very refined nor it delivers like others; still Honda is Honda, they are charging people premium for the same. Verna is definitely a tremendous VFM package and even more is Ciaz, if people stop looking down at Maruti, then they can discover what a vehicle Ciaz is.

^^ if they are giving alloys , they will give audio system as well. But i think most of the features will be standard in all variants [clap]
I guess the pic is of a pre production version,cant judge much on equipment there, recently Autocar India had tested Mercedes GLA with different interiors than available cos it was pre production,so in some cases car mite look ready but somethings are only finalized once they roll off the production line.Guessing headunit was removed to run some testing equipment wires or something.But nice to see an armrest,the most essential in our stressful environment.
That's true. Honda is now using more of its brand value and is charging premium for the 'H' badge, exactly like Toyota is doing.
No offence to City, Amaze or Mobilio owners but I am yet to discover what is special or different in the 1.5l i-dtec engine. This engine is neither very refined nor it delivers like others; still Honda is Honda, they are charging people premium for the same. Verna is definitely a tremendous VFM package and even more is Ciaz, if people stop looking down at Maruti, then they can discover what a vehicle Ciaz is.
Well had no idea Honda was going backwards as i haven't checked out their recent line up. But i knew they stood for quality once upon a time, I was looking to manufacture after market tail lights some time back & had looked into the Indian Polycarbonate market(the clear glass on your car lights). During this the standard reference was Maruti Quality which meant low or mid quality & other said Honda quality which meant high quality.If what i am hearing about Honda products is true then its really sad.
As for Toyota I know what you mean the Innova & Fortuner prices are ridiculous for what they are.And lets not forget to look at the Prado price tag.

I had checked out the Ciaz when visiting a Maruti service center and i felt the car is a bit bland but still functionally designed.What if i told you there was a Hyundai part in the Ciaz. The center auto dim mirrors are the same as on the i20 & other car, Looks like manufacturers are all reaching for the same parts bin.We all know how widely the 1.3 multijet engine is used,wonder how many different brands use same parts which we dont know about under the skin, And if brands are just like brands on jeans now days(for that you need to see Skoda,VW,Audi stable).[:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
That's true prads but i'm hoping they might give 15" steel rims on the base , 15" alloys on the upper and 16" alloys on the top end.

And about the parts even we use a part and one quality is MARUTI. The metal scraps that comes out of the maruti factory is used in the part. and you need to check the quality of honda, it has gone down. But i guess to survive it's very much required.

Top Bottom