Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

I am buying hyundai creta. The insurance quote i got from outside is way less than what my dealer is asking for. He said hyundai india is not allowing buying insurance from outside for creta.

I dont believe this.

What options i have here?

I am buying hyundai creta. The insurance quote i got from outside is way less than what my dealer is asking for. He said hyundai india is not allowing buying insurance from outside for creta.

I dont believe this.

Hai Kailash,

Information shared by your showroom is false.
I had purchased insurence from outside only.
For Creta Petrol Base version I had paid 22K insurence.
where as showroom was quoting 38K.
you insist a written thing that hyundai is not allowing this and tell him that my friend is in Hyundai I will check with them.
They will surely change their sentences.

I dont believe this.

If that is the case then bargain more on car. By the way which dealer is this?

If that is the case then bargain more on car. By the way which dealer is this?
Hi,

Sanjay hyundai, wakdewadi. I told him Hyundai india do not mandate taking insurance from dealers. I said i have mail from them(was bluffing), he asked me to forward the mail now.[anger]

chappididheeaj,
would you mind sharing the dealer details here or pm me?
i too am told the same thing by all dealers. they told me, for 1st year its a must
Hai Kailash,

Information shared by your showroom is false.
I had purchased insurence from outside only.
For Creta Petrol Base version I had paid 22K insurence.
where as showroom was quoting 38K.
you insist a written thing that hyundai is not allowing this and tell him that my friend is in Hyundai I will check with them.
They will surely change their sentences.

Had seen a couple of white ones on my way to office. Diesel engine refinement is top notch! Completely opposite to other unrefined crude ones like VW, Skoda, M&M etc! Now my question is, why companies don't even bother to improve on this aspect. Few years ago, when we had Accent CRDi with us, it was so crude and unrefined and we knew it is 3 cyl! But now, while TDing Xcent diesel, which is again a 3 potter, the refinement level is top notch!! I was like WOW!! How come a company who made unrefined Accent CRDi manages to do this! This shows their dedication.

But over years, I don't see any big change from other manufacturers. Why is that so?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Delhi is flooded with creta's. Every day i see atleast 5 cars. Hyundai sure created a buzz which paid off nicely. Still i feel it's overpriced.

Ps : i wonder how creta would look with the spare wheel mounted on the boot just like the ecosport. Any PS guys out there , please do some mod.

Hello fellow members,

I am new to this forum but following this post consistenly since the day i heard about the Hyundai compact suv aka Creta.

After owning Santro for almost 9 years we decided to go for another car probably a compact suv.
As per our budget the preference was Ford Ecosports trend but we decided to wait for sometime as there was a news about Hyundai compact suv.

The day i had a glimpse of Creta i made my mind, this will be coming to home.

Finally the day has come for which we all were waiting, but with heart break. The dreams which were shown to us by Hyundai and by Mr. Rakesh Srivastava have been shattered.
No doubt it is overpriced by a lac or so. But looking at the options available for compact suv i couldnt reacted much, as there are less options available.
Duster - Personally dont like the looks and interior, Beyond the budget. A big NO.
Ecosports - One does feel claustrophobic inside the cabin, but steering is amazing and has perfect size to manuever.

After the lauch day, had a confusion in mind whether to go for TD or not as price is obviously on higher side. Also for someone who has a budget of Ecosports trend taking a TD of Creta doesnt make any sense.
Day has passed some how but itch in me kept increasing, i couldnt resist and went to take TD of Creta.
Totally blown away with looks, it was in red color. Posing just like a perfect compact suv. Wihth out wasting my time i registered for TD.
After waiting for half an hour or so, i got the chance to take TD of it, TD vehicle was a white SX(o) one.

We already got to know how it performs by other enthusiasts. So skipping on that part.

My family had same impression of the car as i have. So we decided to extend our budget and go for 1.4 base model as it is equipped with same/some extra features as compared to ecosports trend.
But the wait didnt end here, my choice was mystic blue and wanted to TD 1.4 version before putting my money on it. After enquired several dealers and waited for 3 weeks, some how i managed to see mystic blue and TD 1.4 engine.
It was for short distance , but satisfied with its performance and On 18th Aug i booked Mystic blue 1.4 base.

Official waiting time which has been mentioned is 2 months.

Now wait continous for the delivery day....

Hi,

Sanjay hyundai, wakdewadi. I told him Hyundai india do not mandate taking insurance from dealers. I said i have mail from them(was bluffing), he asked me to forward the mail now.[anger]
[anger]You should have done the exact opposite. Asked him to show you proof that Hyundai forces the Insurance company on its customers. That would have straightened him up. Its not that easy . The communication should be on official Hyundai letterhead, and should have a serial number for the memo (for future reference).

Last edited:
Still i feel it's overpriced.
Even though it is over priced people compare only the features which the company's provide and not the quality, design, engine power they provide. Generally Non - Auto enthusiast just buy for the sake of word of mouth promotion done to them. And they blindly follow the salesman's word like he only explains more about the interiors than the exteriors as most of the salesman don't know about the car they have to promote. For example:- during the launch of the Honda mobilio we just asked the salesman about the suspension and he was saying about the wheels so we asked him again and he went and asked the other person, he came and answered the same. So the dealers are not appointing even an half auto enthusiast person to promote their product then how does they sell in good numbers?.So atlast if it is the most featuristic car than the competitors then it would sell in good numbers.

PS: But in the case of creta, it is an overall nice package for the person who needs more features than the competitors provide.

I think its due to lack of an alternative plus the styling. it is also pulling a lot of customers from c2 segment sedan where most of the sedans look aged (despite the face lifts )

Delhi is flooded with creta's. Every day i see atleast 5 cars. Hyundai sure created a buzz which paid off nicely. Still i feel it's overpriced.

Ps : i wonder how creta would look with the spare wheel mounted on the boot just like the ecosport. Any PS guys out there , please do some mod.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ rahul - congrats on booking your car.

@ mithra and aditya - have you not seen my thread :p why not to buy the creta.
Hyundai which was known to provide features have skipped it in the base versions. Agreed the top model seems VFM compared to the competition for what it offers but the competition itself is overpriced so hyundai went ahead and increase the price.
Anyways , creta will never be in my garage for this price. Given the budget i'd rather buy the verna again for what it offers currently. I'd rather buy an ecosport( compared to base models ) or the xuv ( compared to the top models)

@ rahul - congrats on booking your car.

@ mithra and aditya - have you not seen my thread :p why not to buy the creta.
Hyundai which was known to provide features have skipped it in the base versions. Agreed the top model seems VFM compared to the competition for what it offers but the competition itself is overpriced so hyundai went ahead and increase the price.
Anyways , creta will never be in my garage for this price. Given the budget i'd rather buy the verna again for what it offers currently. I'd rather buy an ecosport( compared to base models ) or the xuv ( compared to the top models)
Congrats @ rahul for booking your car.

I am waiting for delivery of my car - most probably on coming Thursday, but I agree with Allhyundaicars - this is slightly over priced especially in cities like Bangalore.

Top Bottom