Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

With S-Cross being another highly priced vechile suddenly Creta start looking more sense.

I was waiting for S-Cross to be launched to decide whether to cancel my Creta booking but I don't think that I am going to do that now. So Creta passed one acid test.

Now again the fight between SX+VTVT Vs SX CRDi. [frustration]

Before you ask : Reason for comparing the petrol engine Vs diesel engine. My monthly run is approx. 900km and the price difference between petrol & diesel variant is around 45k on road making me think why not diesel. I know I miss few goodies viz. Navigation , Reverse Camera , Smart Key etc.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
With S-Cross being another highly priced vechile suddenly Creta start looking more sense.

I was waiting for S-Cross to be launched to decide whether to cancel my Creta booking but I don't think that I am going to do that now. So Creta passed one acid test.

Before you ask : Reason for comparing the petrol engine Vs diesel engine. My monthly run is approx. 900km and the price difference between petrol & diesel variant is around 45k on road making me think why not diesel. I know I miss few goodies viz. Navigation , Reverse Camera , Smart Key etc.
Yet to compare the specs of s cross with the creta but i too will go for the sx diesel just because the prices difference is mere 40k. You will have to pay for extra maintenence but with 900kms running you will be able to break even soon.

Creta petrol should have been launched below the sx+ and it would have veen dearer by 1 lakh rupees.

Yet to compare the specs of s cross with the creta but i too will go for the sx diesel just because the prices difference is mere 40k. You will have to pay for extra maintenence but with 900kms running you will be able to break even soon.

Creta petrol should have been launched below the sx+ and it would have veen dearer by 1 lakh rupees.
Very correct.

Do anyone have any idea if the 5" touchscreen in SX ( without navigation ) has input for reverse camera? Or a complete reverse camera kit with screen needs to be installed ?

IMHO this is the only sore item I will be missing in SX Diesel over SX+ petrol .

Very correct.

Do anyone have any idea if the 5" touchscreen in SX ( without navigation ) has input for reverse camera? Or a complete reverse camera kit with screen needs to be installed ?

IMHO this is the only sore item I will be missing in SX Diesel over SX+ petrol .
Hi aks_hyd,

Just checked with my SA and got to know that SX Diesel touchscreen does not have an input for reverse camera, you need to go for a complete kit buddy.

Hi aks_hyd,

Just checked with my SA and got to know that SX Diesel touchscreen does not have an input for reverse camera, you need to go for a complete kit buddy.
Hi Invincible ,

Thanks for the info. That is bad however I will wait for few auto pundits on our forum also to respond because I am not very sure on the clarity these SA have . Atleast in the showroom where i have booked my car I am much better informed on the vechile ( thanks to this forum ).

Thanks again buddy!!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
After the S-Cross pricing announcement, suddenly Creta feels VFM!! But still, what's wrong with these people! Not offering features but price it high?
The 1.6 variants of the s cross are horrendously priced. No comparison to any car.

But i think the s cross 1.3 variants are priced good in comparison to the creta.

1.4 crdi base creta is 9.5 and the s cross zeta 1.3 is 9.99.

Just compare the specs. Giving extra 50k and you get

Dual airbags
Cruise control
Push button start
Rear parking camera with display
Rear wipe and wash
Rear defogger
Rear disc brakes
Electric foldable orvm
Auto ac
Front fog lamps
Alloy wheels

Again , i haven't checked out the s cross but many reviews said the build quality and interior quality is top notch but still will give an extra 1 point to creta in interiors department.

This segment will really confuse a potential buyer.

Lets say ecosport is size 1
S cross is size 2
Creta is size 3
Duster is size 4

Again it depends on the usage. The bootspace in s cross and ecosport doesn't have that much difference so even if es is sub 4m it offers similar space and extra features at lesser value. Don't know why buy now a days i have started liking the es comsidering the vfm price tag. Won't go more ot , let's continue in s cross thread.

Last edited:
All - I was doing some research and below are some questions. Would be great to get some perspective from informed enthusiasts.

Creta is more or less the same weight as i20 Asta (give or take 50 kgs or so - see Tbhp forum where an member measured the weight) but is powered by 1.6 Diesel engine with healthy torque rating making this is a very powerful car in terms of weight/ bhp ratio.

Drum brakes in the rear, and an suspect handling at high speeds (compared to the Germans for example) combined with the power could make this car dangerous at high speeds - I went through all the reviews by various sites but could not find anything to substantiate it. The Verna is also powered by 1.6 Diesel and is lighter than Creta - was there an recall by Hyundai to fix handling issues in the first batch of Verna's? Has any of you driven the car on highways and are there any concerns around this?

This would be the first time I am buying an car just launched and I want to be a bit cautious. The 2 accidents of Creta is what triggered this whole chain of thought process.

Last edited:
This would be the first time I am buying an car just launched and I want to be a bit cautious. The 2 accidents of Creta is what triggered this whole chain of thought process.
Any car for that matter, if driven at such speeds coupled with some distraction or misjudgement will lead to accident. Even S-Cross met with an accident, doesn't mean it is not a good handler.

Creta, as per all the reviews, is much better than other Hyundai's, which as a Hyundai customer, is a good news to hear for me!

Next, Creta being close to 200mm GC, means the point of center of gravity is increased, which means, it can easily get out of control at high speeds(like cornering, doing some stunts to impress girls etc), just like any SUV/MUV. So it is up to you to keep you safe from such incidents!

Guys,what's the waiting period of Creta 1.6L Diesel all variants all over India?We are planning to book Creta soon as my dad got bowled with the looks.I like Creta 1.6SX(O) over other variants due to 17 inch diamond cut alloys.

Waiting period for SX+ AT is 2-3 months whereas SX MT is readily available as per our TAI member Singh Saab.However,not showing interest on AT due to lack of optional features.

Happened to check creta yesterday.

For me, 180cm tall,on driver seat, the ingress is not easy, the steering wheel obstructs the thighs while getting in, especially if the steering wheel adjustment is low set. If the steering wheel is set at up level, it is not easy to use it as the right elbow can't be rested on the door elbow rest. Also, egress is difficult for same reasons. rps20150807_161410.jpg

rps20150807_161440.jpg

rps20150807_161545.jpg

rps20150807_161604.jpg
So what you need to do for easy ingress & egress is that the seat is pushed all the way back, and the steering wheel is set at up position. But while beginning to drive, you need to extend the & stretch the leg too much so as to reach the pedals,and invariably you land up pulling the seat forward so as to be comfortable while riving.
But if the seat is pulled forward so as to make the legs reaching the pedals easy & steering wheel set low so as to make the right elbow comfortable for steering manuvours, at the end of drive when you get down the left thigh is obstructed by the steering wheel, and you can't get down unless the steering wheel is set at up level & seat pulled back completely.
Now changing the seat position & the steering wheel position every time you get in /get out & start driving , its a boring experience for a car which costs you a premium is lamentable.

Also rear seat underthigh support is pathetic, especially when the front seat is pulled back near fully, as you can't stretch the leg their by creating a huge gap between thigh and the front edge of the rear seat.
rps20150807_195656.jpg
When the front seat is fully pushed forward, you get a chance to stretch the legs fully from the rear seat but then the width of the seating area seems too short.

The only things that matter are Safety related. If you can get a Reverse camera installed aftermarket, you are good to go with the diesel ! Better resale value expected as well .

Can somebody tell me how much real time mileage (both city and highway) you're getting in Creta petrol 1.6 engine?

Can somebody tell me how much real time mileage (both city and highway) you're getting in Creta petrol 1.6 engine?
If you're keen on mileage then don't look at Creta Petrol, instead consider the diesel version. Petrol SUVs generally are low on FE. My Friend has a Ecosport (Ecoboost Engine) & he gets around 10 in city & around 18 on highways. So Creta will definitely be delivering similar numbers. Take my situation, I have Rapid Diesel & I get about 12 kmpl in city & 17-18 on highways so the numbers are low despite being diesel. So, if you're looking at Creta go for Diesel version instead due to Resale & Higher FE.

Top Bottom