Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Hi @chappididheeaj, congratulations for purchasing the Creta.
I would like to point out that 2015 Duster does not have a heavy steering at low speeds. Repeat, does not have heavy steering. Nor does it have a heavy clutch anymore. Perhaps you may have test driven the 2014 model. I own a 2015 Duster and can safely state so. If that was the reason for not choosing the Duster from a drivers perspective, then perhaps you could have reconfirmed. Duster can very much be driven by all genders in city and highway conditions, more so the 2015 models.

Also, ABS does not have much to do with body roll. It only allows safe avoidance of obstacle by ensuring brakes dont lock up. For curtailing body roll and yaw (movement around the vertical axis) , you need ESP.
Hai Acechip
I think I had driven 2014 model only as petrol TD vehicles are very less. Any how driving thing was not deal breaking. All other factors added up and as per my personal opinion duster is master of some points. Where as Creta is jack of all master of none. Yes still accept that decision between Duster and Creta is really difficult one. But when considered votes of all age groups of family. Creta gets higher vote.

Regarding ABS my point was with respect to applying brakes suddenly when having steep turn. And normally SUVs with more height can tend to roll more without ABS right. May be I am wrong also as I am not a guru in this field.

I cancelled my CRETA booking. First reason I booked is for safety features and AT. Since AT is not available in SX(O), I went to cancel the booking and saw the vehicle for the first time. I did not like interiors at all. It is almost like i10, i20 kind nothing wow about. May be folks are comparing with duster and calling it as premium but I did not find anything premium. Instead I liked City interiors blue dials and black color dash, leather wrapped steering wheel looked awesome compared to CRETA. I know wrong comparison but I checked both the vehicles back to back. In the end felt happy that I am not shelling out 16.3 laks for CRETA AT. Will wait for some other interesting AT vehicle. Looking at Mitsubhishi Pajero Sport that was launched today, cant stop thinking when will they launch it in India or will they launch with same features that was unveiled. Just felt WOW looking at the pictures of new Pajero Sport. End to the CRETA story for now.

My Hyundai Creta
How It Started:
It started way back 8 months ago when I just thought to change my 6 years used i10 for a new car.
My white Car as sales rep told me the chasis number also.
Liked that front black grill very much. Though felt OK without projector lights.
congratulations for your new car[clap].keep updating about your ownership experience.

I cancelled my CRETA booking. First reason I booked is for safety features and AT.
Hmmm, you were very interested in Creta but the pricing and not so good experience made you to cancel it. Same case with 3 of my friends, who too cancelled due to high pricing. One changed the booking to much Better & cheaper i20, While other 2 are yet to decide.

And after 10 days since lauch, I saw the 1st Creta on road. It was White one & was SX , had silver alloy wheels. I am really surprised by low numbers of Creta's here because Hyundai cars generally attract lots of customers in my city especially compared to other brands.

Finally I have cancelled creta booking today and booked a Honda city instead. Now the next wait starts :). Felt much relaxed now

SX+ is good option but it is 14,11,497 on road bangalore.
You meant S+ or SX+? Sx+ was about 14.78 OTR in Kerala, and I guess it will be more than that in Bangalore.

Mate just compare the titanium petrol model(8.7) with creta base(8.6) model and you will get the answer to your question.
Ecosport wins here in features list but loses on space. But i'd prefer ecosport to creta anytime.
hi, I am an owner of ecosport diesel and after following creta for over 2 months I can clearly say I also will choose ecosport over creta. hyundai plays on the mind of customers by giving good looking beige interiors, which are difficult to maintain but feels. catch the word, just feels....premium. also hyundai adds more features.but in this case they ask a heavy premium for these features which is not justifiable. secondly,all ford cars are solidly built in every segment of cars and ecosport is no different.

i don't think hyundai creta is as solidly built like ecosport. and cretas kerb weight is kept a secret by hyundai. i am sure creta will be much lighter than ecosport even though creta is longer. ecosports handling and steering is very impressive for a car of 1700mm height. remind you all, ecosport is taller than creta but still handles very impressively with great steering feed back.i can control ecosport with 2 fingers which is quite impressive. You always know where your car is going.

if you compare 1.4 diesel creta with ecosport,the creta will come nowhere near ecosport. the mind of indian customers is baffled and they always goes for looks. i never valued hyundai as premium products as they always lacks in build strength. price wise and power wise compare 1.4 creta to ecosport.power wise compare 1.6 creta to vento.there also vento wins. and price wise for top variant touches the area of xuv.xuv has 3l 120 bhp 300+ torque engine....creta will come nowhere near it.creta is for those who value looks,who need a suv looking vehicle and has enough money to spend lavishly but not for a person with value for money brain and heart. even if I get a chance to buy creta, i wont buy it because its a hyundai, and secondly, its over priced.

Seen couple of white cretas today on may way to my place. The front looks damn good, but the rear is not so different from i20. But the main thing was, we were cruising at around 90-100 in our Xylo and the white Creta went past ahead of us like we were standing still. Yes, the power was seriously tempting!!!

.xuv has 3l 120 bhp 300+ torque engine....creta will come nowhere near it.creta is for those who value looks,who need a suv looking vehicle and has enough money to spend lavishly but not for a person with value for money brain and heart. even if I get a chance to buy creta, i wont buy it because its a hyundai, and secondly, its over priced.
Sorry to nitpick, but XUV has 2.2 litre engine, 140 BHP and 330NM torque.

Seen couple of white cretas today on may way to my place. The front looks damn good, but the rear is not so different from i20. But the main thing was, we were cruising at around 90-100 in our Xylo and the white Creta went past ahead of us like we were standing still. Yes, the power was seriously tempting!!!
Thats exactly the problem. No pseudo SUV/SUV is safe for driving over 120kpmh consistently, people must realize this. Just because you have the power, doesnt mean it should be used . Only sedans and hatchbacks with good ride/handling dynamics ought to be driven higher than 110-120 kph. Even there, it like is approaching the amber zone of safety.

Looks like Cretas have became a common sight these days, I have also seen plenty of them. I guess the cash registers at Hyundai are being filled quite quickly by Creta making Hyundai laugh all the way to the bank.

Front and side profile do look good but the stance of an SUV isn't there. This is where the Terrano excels IMO, it has got a serious road presence and looks like a pakka SUV.

Will I put my money on a Creta? Never, Scorpio is my personal favourite these days and I really doubt if the Hyundai 1.6 CRDi can even match the hurried nature of the 2.2 mHawk. For 14-15 lac, A Scorpio S10 sounds like a very good deal with bulletproof mechanicals and we'll proven reliability. And yes, it's a proper SUV with RWD and proper double wishbone front suspension. Ya FE will be lesser than Creta but smiles will be more, especially whenever I touch its accelerator pedal and it starts moving forward with an ease which isn't seen even in the Forrtuner at times.
Overall, these compact UVs are fine until 12 lac (Exclude Yeti and Duster AWD), else a proper full size SUV is what I need and with the options like Storme, XUV and Scorpio around, these compact boys do look overpriced and seriously less VFM.

Thats exactly the problem. No pseudo SUV/SUV is safe for driving over 120kpmh consistently, people must realize this. Just because you have the power, doesnt mean it should be used . Only sedans and hatchbacks with good ride/handling dynamics ought to be driven higher than 110-120 kph. Even there, it like is approaching the amber zone of safety.
Yes, you are right. But I am talking about the acceleration. I knew going such speeds is not good, but the creta was tailgating us for few seconds and once the road is clear, he whistle past ahead of us!!

Looks like Cretas have became a common sight these days, I have also seen plenty of them. I guess the cash registers at Hyundai are being filled quite quickly by Creta making Hyundai laugh all the way to the bank.

Front and side profile do look good but the stance of an SUV isn't there. This is where the Terrano excels IMO, it has got a serious road presence and looks like a pakka SUV.

Will I put my money on a Creta? Never, Scorpio is my personal favourite these days and I really doubt if the Hyundai 1.6 CRDi can even match the hurried nature of the 2.2 mHawk. For 14-15 lac, A Scorpio S10 sounds like a very good deal with bulletproof mechanicals and we'll proven reliability. And yes, it's a proper SUV with RWD and proper double wishbone front suspension. Ya FE will be lesser than Creta but smiles will be more, especially whenever I touch its accelerator pedal and it starts moving forward with an ease which isn't seen even in the Forrtuner at times.
Overall, these compact UVs are fine until 12 lac (Exclude Yeti and Duster AWD), else a proper full size SUV is what I need and with the options like Storme, XUV and Scorpio around, these compact boys do look overpriced and seriously less VFM.
Will I put my money in Creta? Maybe. Why? Trust me, after driving XUV,Xylo for enough time, I wouldn't put my money again in M&M. The niggles, Diesel Clatter, not-so-comfortable ride and cheap plastics! But that doesn't mean I will buy Creta at such price! Will wait for a couple of years and once I find a sweet deal on used Creta, I will grab it.

Will I put my money in Creta? Maybe. Why? Trust me, after driving XUV,Xylo for enough time, I wouldn't put my money again in M&M. The niggles, Diesel Clatter, not-so-comfortable ride and cheap plastics! But that doesn't mean I will buy Creta at such price! Will wait for a couple of years and once I find a sweet deal on used Creta, I will grab it.
Find a used Fortuner for the price of a new Creta and you will be 'actually' happy and even the people who review the Celerio diesel will also appreciate you. :biggrin:

Coming to acceleration point:
You need to drive S Cross, everywhere people are writing and shouting about its acceleration; the only thing that made me also interested in this crossover.

Last edited:
Find a used Fortuner for the price of a new Creta and you will be 'actually' happy and even the people who review the Celerio diesel will also appreciate you. :biggrin:

Coming to acceleration point:
You need to drive S Cross, everywhere people are writing and shouting about its acceleration; the only thing that made me also interested in this crossover.
Fortuner, nah! Too big and not to my liking. And more over, I want a Petrol Creta!! So no Fortuner and bada gaadis!!!

Never liked the design of Ecosport!! [:D] My next car purchase will be after 2 years and probably by the time, I might get a much more better vehicle! Let's see...
Ya man, Mustang Ecoboost has been spotted at ARAI for the purpose of testing and it is a RHD version. Start saving from now itself and if you buy anything else then I will sue you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom