Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

If someone wants to compare ES with Creta should keep in mind tha ES being sub 4m car enjoys tax benefihence it is comparable with i20 active.
And still those who are comparing Ecosport diesel with Creta, needs to compare it with 90 PS and not the 126.
And comparing creta vs mini SUV s from competition just for saving money or justifying the buying decision on financial front (like done by fellow TAI ger drparth,) is not apt because whole competition & creta itself is overpriced. Hence all the sedans in that price bracket have started looking cheaper & VFM.

So, it is the ride, handling, steering experience , comfort & need for good GC should be taken in consideration more than the financial factor. Because this segment is not for budget buyer.

If someone wants to compare ES with Creta should keep in mind tha ES being sub 4m car enjoys tax benefihence it is comparable with i20 active.
And still those who are comparing Ecosport diesel with Creta, needs to compare it with 90 PS and not the 126.
And comparing creta vs mini SUV s from competition just for saving money or justifying the buying decision on financial front (like done by fellow TAI ger drparth,) is not apt because whole competition & creta itself is overpriced. Hence all the sedans in that price bracket have started looking cheaper & VFM.

So, it is the ride, handling, steering experience , comfort & need for good GC should be taken in consideration more than the financial factor. Because this segment is not for budget buyer.
Agree completely.

Comparing with ES : Creta is in a different league all toghether. Looks might be personal view but majority will approve the Creta looks over Ecosport. Same for the technical specification. One might argue that price difference is justifiable or not however IMHO as far as looks , muscle is concerned Creta can't be compared with ES.

In my personal opinion Creta is much handsome vechile as compared to ES , Duster & Terrano.

After reviewing all the variants it seems 1.6 SX is the most VFM deal however still overpriced.

On comparision between SX & SX+ , goodies missed in SX are :

• Inbuilt Navigation System
  • 7" screen Vs 5 " screen
  • Rear camera with adaptive parking guidelines
  • Smart key with Push Start Stop button
  • Chrome finish on handles
  • Shark Fin antenna
  • Driver seat belt height adjustment

But are these goodies worth 1,30,000 , the OT price differnece between these models ?

After reviewing all the variants it seems 1.6 SX is the most VFM deal however still overpriced.

On comparision between SX & SX+ , goodies missed in SX are :

• Inbuilt Navigation System
  • 7" screen Vs 5 " screen
  • Rear camera with adaptive parking guidelines
  • Smart key with Push Start Stop button
  • Chrome finish on handles
  • Shark Fin antenna
  • Driver seat belt height adjustment

But are these goodies worth 1,30,000 , the OT price differnece between these models ?
The most important features are Driver seat belt height adjustment and rear camera with adaptive parking, both important from a safety perspective. The others are absolutely irrelevant.

Sir SX+ don,t have driver seat belt height adjustment. It also misses CD player with 1GB internal storage (available in the SX version)

For calling SX overpriced, kindly read my comparison with Duster RXZ in a response to another thread (Why not to buy Hyundai Creta)

Definitely Hyundai Creta and Ecosport cannot be compared. It was however done to share my viewpoint that SX 1.6 is not overpriced. i.e. value for money.

The most important features are Driver seat belt height adjustment and rear camera with adaptive parking, both important from a safety perspective. The others are absolutely irrelevant.
When did reverse camera become safety mandatory. Anyone with decent driving skills can manage without camera, and even with sensors.

I agree, Hyundai juggled between specs and don't have something like Honda's variants. Where SV = S and extra features. But seat belt height adjustment is least of the worry if the car doesn't even have airbags. He just compared it for sake of VFM tag and nothing else. Even I agree with this point, doesn't mean I will buy SX over SX+. I will better off without Creta!

When did reverse camera become safety mandatory. Anyone with decent driving skills can manage without camera, and even with sensors.

I agree, Hyundai juggled between specs and don't have something like Honda's variants. Where SV = S and extra features. But seat belt height adjustment is least of the worry if the car doesn't even have airbags. He just compared it for sake of VFM tag and nothing else. Even I agree with this point, doesn't mean I will buy SX over SX+. I will better off without Creta!
Creta, like most wannabe crossovers, has poor rearward visibility from the rear hatch.
It also is over 1.6m off the ground (approx). Unless you are absolutely sure of where your bearings are, you do not want to ram your car into a wall or a parking lot column or a kerb or a M800 or a motorcycle. Streets are so crowded these days! Even I miss a camera in my Duster, although it has those sound based sensors which do a decent job.

So finally, got my car in the evening. It was a good experience and happy that I didnt have to wait long to get the car. Also, I think I made the right decision in going for the SX (O).

Few pictures that I took today. I shall take better pictures in the coming days.

Also, I am posting the "Mood Change Bar" thats been highlighted in the feature list and which is not properly explained by SA's reported by many. It's basically an ambient light that changes it's color as the temperature varies.

Have lot to things to figure out and I hope to update here on my findings.

IMG_20150729_182506.jpg

IMG_20150729_184056.jpg

IMG_20150729_184110.jpg

IMG_20150729_184120.jpg

Rivals [:)]

IMG_20150729_193737.jpg

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I agree with you on the part "competition and creta is over priced" but again comparison is being done because the prices are similar.

Agreed that petrol power is different so let's compare the diesel 1.4 base creta - 9.50lakhs and ecosport tiatinium diesel 9.60 lakhs. Just 10k difference just like the petrol.

In the end it's the customer's choice to decide which car in which segment he wants to buy. You know that the ecosport benfits from sub 4m rule but a customer may or may not know. He just knows that he can get more features than the creta.

Creta, like most wannabe crossovers, has poor rearward visibility from the rear hatch.
It also is over 1.6m off the ground (approx). Unless you are absolutely sure of where your bearings are, you do not want to ram your car into a wall or a parking lot column or a kerb or a M800 or a motorcycle. Streets are so crowded these days! Even I miss a camera in my Duster, although it has those sound based sensors which do a decent job.
Even before Parking Camera's were introduced, people easily parked their Safari, Sumo's without any issue in the same scenarios as you mentioned. Anyone with decent driving skills, knows how to park and with those little beeping sensors, you can manage all the scenarios you mentioned. So let's not make spread false information like parking camera is a safety feature. It's an nice to have, useful feature. That's all. FYI, I park our Thar jeep in crowded streets(hardly 1.5 lane inside city with people barging from all sides), and that too without any sensors.

Reverse parking camera is important safety feature for kids playing & moving around in parking of housing societies.
[lol]

Hello! I am looking for a 5 seater 10-11 lac petrol car for my family as running is around 1000km per month. The first priority of the car is it should be very comfortable, interior and ride quality that doesn't make you much tired for hours of journey. Our personal driver will drive the car so no priority of performance much but it should work great in highways and expresseways.
So for this I sorted out Creta 1.6 base petrol and Honda City SV 1.5 iVTECH.
Which car should I go with and why?

Hello! I am looking for a 5 seater 10-11 lac petrol car for my family as running is around 1000km per month. The first priority of the car is it should be very comfortable, interior and ride quality that doesn't make you much tired for hours of journey. Our personal driver will drive the car so no priority of performance much but it should work great in highways and expresseways.
So for this I sorted out Creta 1.6 base petrol and Honda City SV 1.5 iVTECH.
Which car should I go with and why?
Comparing mini SUV and Sedan! Never mind, let me explain. For petrol, I suggest City. Why? Because considering you have driver, most of your time will be spent in the back seat and let me tell you, no car in 10-11L range can beat City's rear seat comfort. And from what I read, Creta's not abundant with space and can beat City!!. So better option will be to go with City. And next, price wise, we should compare Creta S petrol w/ ABS v City VX Petrol which has 2 Airbags + ABS!!

If you ask me, if your city does have hell a lot of potholed roads and you get to drive, then buy Creta, else City!

Comparing mini SUV and Sedan! Never mind, let me explain. For petrol, I suggest City. Why? Because considering you have driver, most of your time will be spent in the back seat and let me tell you, no car in 10-11L range can beat City's rear seat comfort. And from what I read, Creta's not abundant with space and can beat City!!. So better option will be to go with City. And next, price wise, we should compare Creta S petrol w/ ABS v City VX Petrol which has 2 Airbags + ABS!!

If you ask me, if your city does have hell a lot of potholed roads and you get to drive, then buy Creta, else City!
So according to you mini SUVs are for the users who have potholded roads? We will use car for going other cities rather than driving it locally. The only thing I didn't like about City is small 175mm 15" tires. How much mileage petrol gives in reality?

Top Bottom