Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

@notenthusiast,
are you sure he hinted prices going down? or is it a typo?. while i welcome it, wont it be bad for the people who already booked or prebooked?. have we ever come across any new launch where the price was reduced within first few weeks itself?. curious to know.
also, could you tell if they offered any goodies/exchange discount etc?. do they allow buying insurance outside?. what is the exact on road price?

I heard something interesting today. My dealer has not sent the quote (for the leasing company) for SX+ for past 4 days. I called him and he mentioned the prices could be revised and might go down for some variants. He said he will confirm by Monday and send the quote.

Maybe he is pulling a fast one on me ...

Last edited:
@notenthusiast,
are you sure he hinted prices going down? or is it a typo?. while i welcome it, wont it be bad for the people who already booked or prebooked?. have we ever come across any new launch where the price was reduced within first few weeks itself?. curious to know.
also, could you tell if they offered any goodies/exchange discount etc?. do they allow buying insurance outside?. what is the exact on road price?
I had booked in early June with 50k booking amount and waiting for the proforma invoice so I can give it to my leasing company.

I think they might start offering corporate discounts, exchange bonus etc. effectively reducing the total cost instead of reducing the price. Don't think Hyundai will reduce the price directly so quickly.

Will confirm on Monday once I get the proforma invoice.

I had booked in early June with 50k booking amount and waiting for the proforma invoice so I can give it to my leasing company.

I think they might start offering corporate discounts, exchange bonus etc. effectively reducing the total cost instead of reducing the price. Don't think Hyundai will reduce the price directly so quickly.

Will be waiting to hear from you on Monday however I don't think that Hyundai is going to provide any sort of disounts atleast for the time being.

Reason : The footfall increase in the Hyundai showroom due to the buzz created by Creta , the feedback of the few people with whom I interacted - All seems to be bowled over by the product , the attitude of the sales rep. for not following up with the customers - take it or leave it attitude , long que for test drive to name few.

Hi All, ,

I pre-book Creta in the first week of July after paying 50k. My requirement : 1.6 TDCI engine with a budget of 12 peti ( lacs ). I was damn confident on Hyundai as many other automobile enthusiasts on this forum that this will be priced very competitively around Duster price ( variant wise ) & slightly more than Ecosport. Reason was simple as the Creta test mules were spotted pan India alongside Duster & Ecosport.

21 July Shocker : Mr. Rakesh Srivastava has some other plans!!!! Engine wise compete with Duster & Price wise compete with XUV500.

So eventually I am left with 2 option :

Option 1 : Stretch my budget to a good 2 lacs to accomodate SX(~14lacs OTR Hyd. ) however my choice was SX+ ( ~15.22lacs OTR Hyd.).

Option 2 : Cancel the booking.

The dilemma continues [thinking]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi All, ,

I pre-book Creta in the first week of July after paying 50k. My requirement : 1.6 TDCI engine with a budget of 12 lacs.
21 July Shocker : Mr. Rakesh Srivastava has some other plans!!!! Engine wise compete with Duster & Price wise compete with XUV500.

So eventually I am left with 2 option :

Option 1 : Stretch my budget to a good 2 lacs to accomodate SX(~14lacs OTR Hyd. ) however my choice was SX+ ( ~15.22lacs OTR Hyd.).

Option 2 : Cancel the booking.
Dear Aks, its a simple equation buddy, if you have funds to extend your budget then go for it else cancel the booking and look for a option which fits your bill.

Correction: Creta has a CRDI Engine.

Regards

Akash

Dear Aks, its a simple equation buddy, if you have funds to extend your budget then go for it else cancel the booking and look for a option which fits your bill.

Correction: Creta has a CRDI Engine.

Regards

Akash
Thanks for the correction Akash. I think I am still with Ford ( Figo ) and hence the engine name mistake. :stupid:

Time to see now the S-Cross package. It might help me to take the decision.

Congratulations @ naveen04in. i think yours would be the first ownership review that would come up on TAI as FD said. do let us know about your booking experience your driving experience also why you chose Creta over other contenders. and what made you feel confident in booking this vehicle. waiting eagerly.

I'm still continuing to hold on to my Creta AT booking and finally decided to visit Tirdent Hyundai to see the Creta in flesh and also do a TD. While the KR Puram outlet did not have an AT for test drive and neither on display, the SA told me to visit their Sankey Tank road showroom for the same.

Now at KR Puram, i go my eyes all around to see it for the first time alive in front of me.
My first impressions:
1. Externally was impressed with the looks and stance, IMO it does have the looks of an SUV for someone like me whose main ask is for day-to-day usage and couple of highway rides occasionally. The design and appearance are the killer spots for Creta.
2. SX+ interiors are a little disappointing with the dashboard looking too hard in nature. Maybe all the hype around had made my expectations high. Of course it did look good when i compare it to my 2014 City and everything seemed to be of good quality. But nothing that can make anyone feel wow from a car which is worth 17 lacs OTR
3. The beige touch in and around dashboard really looks good and gives a feeling of freshness
4. Seating position is excellent (but still wanted to TD and see the view of the road that i did next day).
5. The high window line on the rear narrows the view, but i did ask my wife (who is 5'4'') to be seated at the back and let me know how it feels, she did not have any complains rather she mentioned of addressing privacy in its own way [:)].
6. I did sit and checked the rear space and seemed to be comfortable with sufficient leg room.
7. Boot space was decent (but nothing at all compared to my City, but manageable). While the wheel arches seem to be eating into the boot space.

Overall it felt to be a decent car, is it VFM?. THe only answer i have been telling most of them, "what better options are available in the same category in AT?", not really to talk much about. I do have heard about Scorpio, but really do not like the boxy feeling (my perception and no offense to any of the existing owners) and neither i'm a hard core off roader. Everything else is beyond my reach!!!!

While wife was impressed with the car, but her final verdict would be after the TD only. So yesterday went to the other showroom as suggested by SA and took the test drive.
AT TD:

1.Firstly i was very happy that i go a chance to TD an AT (since i go my City AT without the same, but have no regrets for the same), but since this time it's going to be a lot of money, i surely needed this one. Did not have to wait for more than 5 mins to start my TD after reaching the showroom, even the SA was over helpful in explaining the features [:)]
2. Since i had already seen the interiors, so there was nothing more to expect except to see the ICE and the drive in action
3. Was able to sit comfortably after adjusting the front seat to my liking (I am 5'8).
4. Both of my existing cars are Petrol AT, this was the first time i was getting on a diesel engine. And mark my words, it does not give you a feel of diesel at all, the super refinedness of the engine just makes feel so nice, Hats off to Hyundai on the precision, even my wife said the sound of the car is almost nil. That checks the first box
5. The drive was hardly for 15 mins and in a moderate traffic area; the acceleration was quick and adequate for an AT. No turbo lag as i kicked off from the signal, was able to maneuver the car easily and even taking a U turn was not troublesome (understood that turning radius is 5.3)
6. The steering is really super light, did not have any difficulty to get adjusted, almost felt like i have been driving this one for long.
7. The view from the driver seat was excellent. Felt like a proper SUV
8. NAV seemed accurate (SA informed it to be MapmyIndia one), while the touch sensitivity was excellent, buttons were easily reachable.
8. Audio quality is perfect, indeed more than sufficient for a normal music lover
9. Small potholes were easily taken through, while max i could hit was 80kmph only and the vehicle was sturdy and stable on the road
10. Braking was good and no surprises.

Overall conclusion after the TD:
Wife is happy and has already been saying "your Creta" whenever any discussion of the car comes by, while i do still believe it is overpriced. But will continue to hold my booking and waiting to see/read detailed ownership or test reviews before taking a final call.
During the discussion with SA, he also shared with me the accessories (attached below for everybody’s reference). While the prices are broad day light loot and can be done at much lesser prices outside.

Attachments

All - need some advice. My running (500 kms per month) only warrants an petrol. My usage is around 12 kms per day to office in bad Bangalore traffic and 3-4 trips to interior Tamil Nadu in a year mostly on 4 lane highways.

I am still holding my booking for Creta and the best choice for petrol is SX+ at Rs.14 Lacs OTR in Bangalore.

For little less than this, I get refreshed trendline Vento 1.2 TSI with 7 speed auto and Ecosport 1.5 Petrol auto. Leaving the type of cars aside (sedan Vs. SUV), any advice on what I should take and key points I should consider?

Some quick comparisons -

1. Safety - both have only 2 airbags, ABS, Vento DSG has ESP, hill-hold assist. I am assuming that the build and sturdiness are comparable.

2. Drive ability - I could not test the Petrol Creta but I loved the TSI-DSG combo of Vento. Ground clearance is better in Creta due to it stance and could help in bad road conditions (most part of my daily drive to work). Creta is more powerful on paper atleast.

3. Interior - Vento is highline version and has Cruise control, blue-tooth, leather in steering, gear-knob, leatherette seats and bright beige interiors (I like Beige), complete MID etc. Creta probably has a little bit more space in the back, higher seating position, 7" AVN, very ordinary looking fabric seats and average dashboard.

4. Exterior Design - Creta has a wow factor and Vento is timeless design. No projector lamps in Vento but the new one has cornering lamps (comes on automatically while turning), and pretty much everything Creta has too.

5. Ride & Handling - I am no expert on cars but from what I understand reading various forums, VW should be much more accomplished in this than Hyundai. I drive a Getz now and its bone jarring to go over bad roads in Bangalore.

6. Price - have a budget of up to 15 lacs on-road and both are within the budget with some money to spare for add-ons.

Overall, head says Vento becasue its a lac cheaper and gets me the one of the best auto gearboxes money can buy and has pretty much everything Creta has. Heart says, I am buying a car which is 5 years old and not associated with premium / luxury in any way and no head-turner.

Please help !!! [confused]

PS: got my invoice today and there are no discounts.

Last edited:
I am in the same ship friend. Dumped creta after they revealed prices, but unable to find a replacement which match creta. Since budget is a constrain, either I need to compromise on my likes for an SUV and go for a sedan (say city), or go for an old model pseudo SUV (duster) or for a base model SUV (XUV) or a bloated stylish hatch (s-cross).
I was attracted towards vento DSG, but my wife dislikes those looks. So auto is not an option.

By the way my friend who owns a scorpio, duster and a feista, is heavily advocating against any sort of SUV since my need is a family car. He advised that SUVs are always a driver's car and it will not be a comfortable ride for those sitting behind, especially during long drives. He is pushing for city.

Top Bottom