Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

The Cretas Door Pads look damn cheap & ugly and people praise Hyundai Cabins & particularly quality along with Fit & finish. What's the quality thing in the 1st picture?
i20 & Verna look classy in comparison. Good thing is these 2 cars are there in our garage !

hyundai felt tremors of the public..many booking have been cancelled.one guy i know booked i20 active 2 months back and waiting for the delivery but instead the dealership is now offering creta sx(o) for immediate delivery.i still believe the first few months sales will be higher but we have to wait and see after 4 months for its real potential sales achievements . the talk of the automotive world is about the higher price of creta now where as earlier it is all about launch of creta.

my brain is not agreeing for buying something without even leather seats for 14-16 lacks(lower variants).

Last edited:
SantaFe is a good looker and since the Creta looks identical to SantaFe. People might think its another SantaFe and look further. Some might think that why is this car smaller but it's not an outright attention grabber.

I think its the other way around. a santa fe owner may not like it now because a lower segment car resembles it.

btw guys, what do you think is the real demand situation ?. we have seen quite a few posts about cancellation. but at the same time, most of the reviews indicate that thers a lot of crowd in showrooms and people have to wait to get a test drive vehicle. i am trying to gather this info because i dont want to sound like a desperate buyer :-). as a buyer its always good when the demand is not high. i was in a honda showroom during a weekend. i thought there would be a huge crowd checking jazz out. but to my surprise there was hardly anyone.[:)].

SantaFe is a good looker and since the Creta looks identical to SantaFe. People might think its another SantaFe and look further. Some might think that why is this car smaller but it's not an outright attention grabber.

Last edited:
I am in a dilemma as are many others regarding Creta due to ofcourse, the pricing.

I am planning to buy a Mini SUV and am stuck between Creta and Duster. May look at XUV W4 but I am skeptical on a 7 seater.
Most of the discussions on the forum is regarding top end models and their subsequent comparisons with XUV top end models but I need help on Creta Deisel 1.6 VX.

For Creta, I have shortlisted Diesel 1.6 VX but am confused which model to compare with respect to Duster. Before launch of Creta I had shortlisted Duster 85PS RxL Plus. While I know Creta 1.6 competes with 110PS in terms of power atleast.

For me, front dual airbags are a must along with ABS. I would be taking a test drive of Duster this weekend and have already done couple of 10 min test drives of Creta.

Also my budget was around 12.5L but with Creta 1.6 VX it is extending to 13.3L on road for 1.6 VX.

Another point, Creta insurance offered by dealer is around 55K for 0 dep which is atrocious as I am getting a quote of 33K for Tata AIG 0 dep. So, has anyone asked about option to not take insurance from Hyundai? Also, essential kit also seems over priced at 15k. Would rather get mats and mudflaps separately.

I am absolutely confused. SOS.

Cheers...
Hate to bump the post but any inputs? Much appreciated.

@vins82,VX or Sx? you are talking about.

most of the reviews indicate that thers a lot of crowd in showrooms and people have to wait to get a test drive vehicle.
Ideally an auto enthusiast should not prebook a car & reject without a proper TD & discussion on it. But in case of Creta, hyundai has created hype well before launch , hence the crowd.

Today, received a call from Hyundai dealer for TD, I asked him to bring the car to my place as I never buy a car without a TD on all types of stretches on highway & city. He said, as of now TD is available only at dealership,as only 2 cars are available for it.
I said, looking at the premium they are charging on this car, they should make more cars available for TD.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hate to bump the post but any inputs? Much appreciated.
Dear Vin, I have posted a link on this page about the Test Drive report of SX (o) Diesel (Post #618). Have also covered many aspects of Diesel SX Variant. Please check our Test Drive Section for CRETA TD[:)]

Regards

Akash

@vins82,VX or Sx? you are talking about.
My bad. Was talking about Diesel 1.6 SX. Guess I am a bit stuck on my current SX4 VXi :P

Dear Vin, I have posted a link on this page about the Test Drive report of SX (o) Diesel (Post #618). Have also covered many aspects of Diesel SX Variant. Please check our Test Drive Section for CRETA TD[:)]
Thanks Akash. I did go through it but my query was more pertaining to comparison between duster and creta.

Loan approved and sanctioned. Giving my documents required for registration today. So I guess the wait is nearly over for me. Will be going in the morning to get the exact picture.

Did someone check Diesel 1.4 S version , no details for that vehicle. I compare 1.4S with Duster 85PS RxL and Creata have more features with not much price difference ( Creta ~10.4 & Duster ~10)

I heard something interesting today. My dealer has not sent the quote (for the leasing company) for SX+ for past 4 days. I called him and he mentioned the prices could be revised and might go down for some variants. He said he will confirm by Monday and send the quote.

Maybe he is pulling a fast one on me ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom