Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Own Ecosport Ecoboost, am happy with the ride quality, although it does not have carpet like ride of Duster. However, the Ecoboost has Hydraulic engine mounts which give it better handling while turning/cornering compared to other variants.

Can't comment on Creta, online reviews say it is ok. They say it does not have the bouncy suspension which the initial fludic Verna had which was fixed by Hyundai in 2014.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Ok. So i compared the variants that you mentioned.

The variants you mentioned has similar features but in creta you get extra space.

Anyways then i saw the titanium prices. It's 10k pricier than base creta and you get literally everything. I checked the ecosport variants for the first time and it indeed looks like a good car. The build quality is good plus ride and handling.

Anyways now it's upto you to decide. Do you want to save 90k or do you want to invest in titanium model. Again creta is priced at a premium with no features.

You will also get discounts on ecosport but not on creta. I will say go for the titanium and enjoy the features.

About ride quality - hyundai has improved a lot and my friend TD the creta diesel version and it was wonderful. Absorbed the potholes, remained flat ie no up and down movement like your i10.

My friend has a trend diesel and i found the ride to be equally good but i have read that over rough patches , ecosport suspension doesn't work great maybe because of stiff suspension.

Anyways take a td of both the cars and i will still say creta is not at all vfm.

Last edited:
You will also get discounts on ecosport but not on creta. I will say go for the titanium and enjoy the features.
Saarji, the Ford guys won't give the discount of a rupee on the Ecosport. You need to visit their dealership just to see how well they welcome you and accept your booking but no talks of discount at all. Why so? Heck, Ford is selling as much cars as they are producing; so what discounts are for?

My friend has a trend diesel and i found the ride to be equally good but i have read that over rough patches , ecosport suspension doesn't work great maybe because of stiff suspension.
Stiff suspension means a better high speed ride and stability along with a better ride over bad patches if taken at moderate speeds. Whenever I get my hands on T Fort or Ecosport, I simply take the patches at 30-40 kph which others take at 10-20 max. Most of the bumps are well absorbed and people are left in my dust in no time.
Tight suspension means a harder shock is needed to press the springs; then give it the same. Simple! [:)]

The only thing this package has is an AT D Small SUV everything else in this car is secondary, they know there is nothing in the segment that's why they are charging Premium till others catch up!
Well, you want an AT, a Diesel and a small SUV? Then therz the Creta.

Every car maker has to do profits. A healthy profit at that. Without profits, there wouldnt have been an I20 elite.

I think we as consumers should get over this false 'consumer is the king' thinking. Cos we are not.

Saarji, the Ford guys won't give the discount of a rupee on the Ecosport. You need to visit their dealership just to see how well they welcome you and accept your booking but no talks of discount at all. Why so? Heck, Ford is selling as much cars as they are producing; so what discounts are for?
I beg to differ here. I had TDed ecosport a month back, and told them that I will take a call once creta comes out. Yesterday they called me to check on my decision, and even told that the price they quoted for ecosport titanium was negotiable, though they will not state that in a paper. Give a try, and maybe you can strike gold. :)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ vipul - my friend who bought the trend diesel got a "too good to be true" deal. I can't disclose that but believe me i was surprised and i only believed when his dad told me about the deal :p but it was a 2014 model bought in 2015.

I have visited vw , toyota , honda , hyundai in the past week , have all deals with me :p didn't try ford. Will surely go and ask for discounts.
Anyways i liked the es and after seeing the titanium model i just love the car :p and do take a td of creta , the suspesnion is really good.

My father saw Creta today with his friend and found taller than Terrano,Duster and Ecosport.On road price of Creta Diesel AT is ₹16.2L.The version we are looking is Diesel AT as we need it for city traffic.

I am in a dilemma as are many others regarding Creta due to ofcourse, the pricing.

I am planning to buy a Mini SUV and am stuck between Creta and Duster. May look at XUV W4 but I am skeptical on a 7 seater.
Most of the discussions on the forum is regarding top end models and their subsequent comparisons with XUV top end models but I need help on Creta Deisel 1.6 VX.

For Creta, I have shortlisted Diesel 1.6 VX but am confused which model to compare with respect to Duster. Before launch of Creta I had shortlisted Duster 85PS RxL Plus. While I know Creta 1.6 competes with 110PS in terms of power atleast.

For me, front dual airbags are a must along with ABS. I would be taking a test drive of Duster this weekend and have already done couple of 10 min test drives of Creta.

Also my budget was around 12.5L but with Creta 1.6 VX it is extending to 13.3L on road for 1.6 VX.

Another point, Creta insurance offered by dealer is around 55K for 0 dep which is atrocious as I am getting a quote of 33K for Tata AIG 0 dep. So, has anyone asked about option to not take insurance from Hyundai? Also, essential kit also seems over priced at 15k. Would rather get mats and mudflaps separately.

I am absolutely confused. SOS.

Cheers...

Last edited:
I am in a dilemma as are many others regarding Creta due to ofcourse, the pricing.

I am planning to buy a Mini SUV and am stuck between Creta and Duster. May look at XUV W4 but I am skeptical on a 7 seater.
Most of the discussions on the forum is regarding top end models and their subsequent comparisons with XUV top end models but I need help on Creta Deisel 1.6 VX.

For Creta, I have shortlisted Diesel 1.6 VX but am confused which model to compare with respect to Duster. Before launch of Creta I had shortlisted Duster 85PS RxL Plus. While I know Creta 1.6 competes with 110PS in terms of power atleast.

For me, front dual airbags are a must along with ABS. I would be taking a test drive of Duster this weekend and have already done couple of 10 min test drives of Creta.

Also my budget was around 12.5L but with Creta 1.6 VX it is extending to 13.3L on road for 1.6 VX.

Another point, Creta insurance offered by dealer is around 55K for 0 dep which is atrocious as I am getting a quote of 33K for Tata AIG 0 dep. So, has anyone asked about option to not take insurance from Hyundai? Also, essential kit also seems over priced at 15k. Would rather get mats and mudflaps separately.

I am absolutely confused. SOS.

Cheers...

Brother , from which showroom in noida , are you planning to buy the car from ?

Why dont you go and check out creta and find out all details at nirmal hyundai , sec 3 noida .
If you want some help you can PM me :)
I have been there too and it is also an option. I have most details regarding Creta but getting more wouldn't harm.

For some reason unable to find compose PM. lol

My father saw Creta today with his friend and found taller than Terrano,Duster and Ecosport.On road price of Creta Diesel AT is ₹16.2L.The version we are looking is Diesel AT as we need it for city traffic.
I am sure it was an illusion based on where Creta was parked/placed. Technically, it is 6 cm shorter than the Duster. So at best, for a casual observer, they may look at equal height. Definitely not taller.
I also get a visual impression that the Duster is a bit taller than the Wagon R, especially while driving it ,when I pass by a W-R. But no, technically, they are at the same height.

It will be interesting to see how well the Creta fares in rough road/mild off road ability. Yesterday, I had a bit of an off road moment, where I had to take the Duster down a majorly steep drop "off" the main road, and the path was rocky and mushy (with the rains). Just to park the vehicle in an available area (which is so scarce in Pune city). And then had to clamber back the same incline again to reach the main road. I can assure you, that any other car (sedan/hatch/ pseudo crossover) would have scraped its engine sump, exhaust, and even fuel tank out while climbing up. But the Duster did not even flinch. I know it is a one off thing, but left me quite a bit assured !

Last edited by a moderator:
2 days back noticed a TD Creta on road, it is not a attention grabber, like duster, Terrano or ES.

rps20150722_152339.jpg ,

The first impression after opening the doors was not that satisfying as hyundai are known for better interiors, boring & monotonous, no duel tone in SX, just like ECO, no not like Ecosport but like Maruti ECO.

rps20150722_152637.jpg

no fabric or leather inserts on the elbow rest or on the panels in door. Even the wagonR have them.

they should have at least retained the Verna or i20 type interiors.

rps20150722_171414.jpg

rps20150722_172229.jpg

Look at the luxury feel & texture of the dash of the Verna.

rps20150722_172320.jpg

rps20150722_172429.jpg

And, dash if i20

rps20150722_171824.jpg

vs dash of creta

rps20150724_084524.jpg

The dash of Creta couldn't impress me more than i20 Elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom