Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Well, Hyundai now becomes next Honda!! [:D]

While I understand Hyundai did a good job with the product and they have every right to price the product as they wish, but they forget one thing. Difference between confidence and arrogance! With about 60k(for base and S)-1 Lakh(for other variants) lesser, this sure would have been a VFM deal. Only way Hyundai will realize it's blunder is when Creta fetch 2nd place in sales chart next to Duster.

On the other hand, I have different thought. May Hyundai did this intentionally? Did they wanted to create another segment which is already crowded? Like between Ecosport/Duster and XUV? Even in this case, the pricing should have been 40-70k lesser. With the kinda pricing for SX(O) and SX+ AT, I can get XUV easily. Which is a proper SUV in terms of space, GC, handling etc. Creta is nothing but taller, butch-looking, loaded Verna with handling and other stuff sorted out. It no way commands such premium pricing, unless Hyundai did this intentionally!

Whatever it is, with all recent launches one thing is very clear. Car's are indeed becoming costlier and for me, it looks like initially they release VFM products and take some loss, and at later stage they do such things to gain what they lost. I don't know about it for sure, but going by the latest trend it looks like so!

No automatics are available itseems, built to order only. When you people dont have the stocks what customers want why the hell you release creata first of all. All 10,000 pre bookings are false. Whatever bookings happened maybe 50 to 70% already cancelled. After 2 months they will be begging the customers for bookings with this kind of insane prices. Shame on you @Hyundai ‪#‎hyundai‬

Last edited:
After thinking whole night and talking with my father decided to hold the purchase till Diwali and wait for reviews on Creta as well as discounts on other cars during that time if I decide to go with Eco or XUV (Duster/Terrano are definitely no for me). Told the dealer I am out of country for 2 months so he can hold my booking and will talk to him on my return in October.

Yesterday after the prices were launched, i called a Hyundai dealer to check if they have Creta in display around 1 PM, the executive told me that i can come after 3 PM to see the car. Later on around 2 PM he called me again to check if i am coming or not and after that around 3 PM he again called me to check the same. This has happened to me first time when dealer executive is calling potential customers on the launch day even though i have not made any booking and not even planning. It gives me two ideas.

1. Either the dealer is very proactive in selling the cars.
OR
2. Majority of the bookings are cancelled.

Yesterday after the prices were launched, i called a Hyundai dealer to check if they have Creta in display around 1 PM, the executive told me that i can come after 3 PM to see the car. Later on around 2 PM he called me again to check if i am coming or not and after that around 3 PM he again called me to check the same. This has happened to me first time when dealer executive is calling potential customers on the launch day even though i have not made any booking and not even planning. It gives me two ideas.

1. Either the dealer is very proactive in selling the cars.
OR
2. Majority of the bookings are cancelled.
I had a similar experience yesterday, before I was chasing them and from yesterday they have been chasing me !

Aakash - thanks for the details.

Was there a press meet / Q&A after the launch? Desperate to know if there will be a SX(O) in Petrol down the line. I just wished Hyundai did not make this so complicated and gave an SX(O) in Petrol too. [frustration]

I had a similar experience yesterday, before I was chasing them and from yesterday they have been chasing me !
Well after the launch, they have a sales target to achieve [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

I was invited for the Dealer's Launch of Creta at Hyundai Dealer in Noida today. The Test Drives will be available from Sunday as vehicles are not registered. One of the dealer is yet to receive a display car. Price list of Noida (U.P) and Delhi attached.

20150722_113445.jpg

20150722_113248.jpg

20150722_113401.jpg

20150722_113413.jpg

20150722_113325.jpg

20150722_134723.jpg

20150722_134806.jpg

Regards

Akash

Whats the official figures for ground clearance and boot capacity? Was that mentioned at the launch?
I went to the showroom here today to check out the car myself (could not get the TD because of the rush) and asked the SA over there about the GC and Boot capacity.

For boot capacity he told its 400 ltrs. (But could not find the number mentioned in the brochure, so seems a bit doubtful)

For GC he did not have any idea about it.

Fun Fact: Here in my city I went to check the car at Ketan Hyundai and while returning back I saw Ford guys had a stall over at roadside (for 1 day i guess) bang opposite the Hyundai showroom and marketing Blue Ecosport standing there. I think, Ford is feeling the heat from the mighty CRETA. LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Buddy to my best of understanding Creta GC is 190mm and the boot space is not mentioned in official brochure too. By weekend I intend to drive, so will confirm the Boot volume again.

Regards

Akash
Looking forward to the review with all the technical points, including ride/handling and rough road ablility (if possible) !

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I went at my nearby hyundai dealership for finalising the deal in grand i10 for my dad.

Friend insisted on creta TD. So went on a 10 minutes drive on a sx(o) friend liked the diesel but he said he will take scorpio any day for this price.

I was least interested so didn't take a TD.
There was hard plastic used on the dashboard and there was no oomph factor for the price they have kept.

The suspension was brilliant, it wasn't going up and down just like the recent hyundais , absorbed the potholes effortlessly and the AC chilled good. The seats offered good support. Didn't try the rear seats so can't comment on the same. Super refined engine and even my friend pointed out there wasn't much outside and engine noise audible.

One guy who just came back from the TD , said take a TD of Q3 at 15 lakhs. So obviously hyundai has created so much hype , i heard 2 sales guy laughing at the feature list on 2 particular models .

Poc here is petrol sx+ since the diesel was already gone on a td.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom