Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

mate the price difference between sx and sx+ is around 1 lakh.
features
* rear camera
*child seat anchor , whatever that is.
*chrome finish doo handles
*push button start
*no cd player but navigation.

are you sure these features are worth 1 lakh [[confused] i am seriously getting a headache comparing these feature and price blunders
Exactly my thoughts mate. Planning to go for SX only. Can I get the IRVM reversing camera installed afterwards? That is the only thing i'm kind of missing in the SX. Push button start would have been nice but then can live without it.

The dealer is pressing hard to take the car today itself. Have called me up like 15 times already. I'm still making up my mind.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Exactly my thoughts mate. Planning to go for SX only. Can I get the IRVM reversing camera installed afterwards? That is the only thing i'm kind of missing in the SX. Push button start would have been nice but then can live without it.

The dealer is pressing hard to take the car today itself. Have called me up like 15 times already. I'm still making up my mind.
That's the thing. I checked the verna's irvm prices and guess what it alone costs 55k. [surprise]

And i guess that's why there is a price difference of 1 lakh. I will say don't go for sx+. I have a verna and i don't require the camera. Audible parking sensors are enough.

Attachments

Last edited:
What? 55k for rear view camera? That is absolute day light robbery. I wanted the feature as I too have a Verna with the IRVM camera and I find it really accurate and helpful but paying 55k for it is really not happening. I guess will have to live without it because spending almost INR1.2Lakhs on road difference for SX+ over the SX doesn't really make sense.

Couple of points to consider:

• Hyundai has never been known for ruggedness. Refinement over ruggedness is an interesting debate in the SUV segment.
  • Prior to Elite i20, Hyundai has not been known for handling either. Will hopefully be good in Creta.
  • Prices are in the same bracket for Scorpio, and close to XUV, Innova. Each of them are proven cars and can take the Creta head on in different segments, and with 7+ seats too.

Hyundai has stirred up interest for sure - we have had multiple pages of comments since the prices were announced. Will be interesting days to watch how things unfold!

Last edited:
xuv with rain sensing wipers,engine stat stop,and hill desc are top notch features and they have cruise control,7 seats,acres of space in 2nd row.we had one in the family.so my mind says no to creta..i still remember xuv got 10000 booking immediately after they announced price...only two options left now for me..either lower variants or cancel.will make decision tomorrow.

xuv with rain sensing wipers,engine stat stop,and hill desc are top notch features and they have cruise control,7 seats,acres of space in 2nd row.we had one in the family.so my mind says no to creta..i still remember xuv got 10000 booking immediately after they announced price...only two options left now for me..either lower variants or cancel.will make decision tomorrow.
Shiva, leave alone the features. XUV 2.2L engine is way more powerful and proven than the 1.6L in Creta. Along with the proven lineage, ruggedness and that mean look - in my opinion its a pretty easy decision.

Pricing is very high for the higher variants and that may slow down the deliveries. If anyone had booked, be careful to see the exact need of the time.All car companies are going for the kill by charging for higher variants.Be informative and non compulsive.

I am planning to cancel my booking as well. I think price is at least one lakh higher than what I was expecting. On top of that AT variant without safety features and close to 17L OTR price looks insane. will wait for XUV Automatic and hopefully it will be around 18L OTR for W10 version going by the current pricing.

Now suddenly Scorpio looks like value for money , I think Mahindra will launch 2WD S10 Automatic at the same price as Creta SX+ Automatic.
Well I have seen lot of comparision between Creta XUV Scorpio and Storme being done. However, Though Creta falls into the price bracket of these SUVs and MUVs its a different class of vehicle. Creta has 1.6L engine, with 120hp is no match for Storme or XUV. People opting for Creta would be comparing with likes of Dusters Terrrano Ecosport. Very few would turn for Scorpio Storme or XUV.

the space and comfort of big vehicles cant be matched with these small CUVs.

We need to compare NissanTerrano pricing with Creta. If there is justifiable price difference due to extra features & elegance of interiors we can't blame hyundai. We need to blame earlier owners of Duster and ES for allowing prices of CSUV going skywards.
Anyways, those who are talking of adding 50 to 80 k & buying XUV & Storme need to think of fuel efficiency comparison also.

Anyways, 1.6 pricing can't be justified without knowing the GC. Because in that price range one can afford a Benz also.

Hyundai have not bothered while pricing because they have not started a new manufacturing unit for creta alone, looking at the booking figures they will decide which one to manufacture more Active or Creta?.

Anyways, custemer is king and can teach a lesson to hyundais also. Duster & Terrano is way to go for.
And I wish Fiat brings in Palio Adventure and spoils all the equations for creta.

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends, Now that Creta is out, in my opinion the competition has spiced up now. Taking into perspective a general buyer who has a budget for Diesel car between 9-12 Lacs. We have the S-Cross lined up by Maruti with a Diesel Engine of 1.3 L and 1.6 L and in Creta we have the 1.4 L and 1.6 L Diesel engine, so I think, if Maruti prices the 1.3 DDIS S-Cross at 9 Lac Ex-showroom then surely Creta's 1.4 L Diesel shall see some heat. Also if Maruti prices the 1.6 L variant lesser by say 30-50K then even the 1.6 L Creta could be facing tough competition. I do feel that with today's launch, Maruti has got a fair idea of pricing the upcoming the S-Cross. Now, coming to the buyer with budget of Rs. 9-12 Lacs, we all know how much people love Maruti. So, with the launch of S-Cross nearing, I think the future buyers will wait for S-Cross and then decide between Creta and S-Cross. Also, in general, the investment in buying a car means more to any customer than the segment in which he/she is investing. Every buyer wants VFM and it is a known fact, the kind of prices and discounts Maruti Suzuki provides those are really hard for competitors to provide. Hence, its a matter of 15 odd days until S-Cross arrives. As I see, its a battle now between the 2 major Automotive brands of Indian market. Come what may, but I am sure, taking cues from today's launch, Maruti will give a competitive price to S-Cross.

Regards

Akash

Friends, just joined the forum - it's really very informative and detailed one.. Thanks to moderators for maintaining good quality discussions..
Just fyi, like many on this forum and outside, I too was very eagerly awaiting launch of Creta but after looking at the exorbitant pricing today I cancelled my booking for CRDI SX+ today itself.. Would have gone for a lower version but then I thought why to compromise at this stage as soon the completion will have to catch up and match new features that Hyundai has brought in. Actually this is very unfair on part of Hyundai - a company I used to admire a lot. They seems to have succumbed to cheap publicity and unholy tactics in the name of brand image (very strange!).
Although the quality seems to be in line with what Hyundai has been following in i20 Active and Verna over last years or so and a 3 year warranty is a welcome move, my personal view is that the people will realize the issues with the car after test driving the same as the seating is not very comfortable in the cabin and it is far from an SUV experience inside.
Let's see how it goes from here..

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What? 55k for rear view camera? That is absolute day light robbery. I wanted the feature as I too have a Verna with the IRVM camera and I find it really accurate and helpful but paying 55k for it is really not happening. I guess will have to live without it because spending almost INR1.2Lakhs on road difference for SX+ over the SX doesn't really make sense.
Well yeah. It just doesn't make sense. Dad said to wait for the feedback. I myself said no to this car because of the price. But yet to compare the features of creta with duster and terrano.

Ps : will book a car tomorrow for replacement of our i10. Have to ask my dad's opinion about brio and bolt before finalising.

@ right choice - don't buy the sx+. Sx is vfm compared to sx+

Top Bottom