Diesel 1.4
L - 9.5 L
S - 10.4 L
S+ - 11.5 L

Diesel 1.6 -
SX - 11.6 L
SX (O) - 13.7 L
SX+ (Automatic) - 13.6 L

Price for the variant I had booked i.e 1.6 SX diesel is at INR 11.59Lakhs. About 60k more than what I had expected it to be. Making a final call now as to go for it or not.
A bit expensive in my opinion by about 50 - 75K more than what I was expecting.

Last edited:
Hyundai has missed a trick to disrupt the segment here.[cry]
The Duster looks like a bargain now. The discounts on the Duster will make it even cheaper. Hopefully the SCross is priced competitively.

Introductory Prices announced (Ex-Showroom delhi
Diesel 1.6 -
SX - 11.59 L
SX+ - 12.67 L
SX (O) - 13.6 L
SX+ (Automatic) - 13.57 L
SX+ - 12.67Lakhs

I guess prices are a little optimistic. Would have been much more eye catching if they were about 60-80k lower than what they've priced it at now and to top it all these are introductory prices.[surprise]

Ex-show room prices ( Delhi )

Petrol 1.6 -
B - 8.6 L
S - 9.6 L
S+ - 11.2 L

Diesel 1.4
L - 9.5 L
S - 10.4 L
S+ - 11.5 L

Diesel 1.6 -
SX - 11.6 L
SX (O) - 13.7 L
SX+ (Automatic) - 13.6 L
Finished watching the official launch and as expected when the prices were shown-up on the giant screen, it made all the difference [surprise], as much i was keeping my fingers crossed and expecting a better pricing on the AT, my sadness still continues, while i'm partially disappointed, partially because atleast the OTR for Bangalore would not be as much my SA has shared, but still tad high against my budget.

But for someone like me who was only up for an AT, the choice in market is still limited and overall my confusion continues [confused]. I would still would want to know the actual OTR for Bangalore and then take a call

I was very eager to the see the pricing. but it very disappointing [frustration]. CRETA looks fantastic [clap] but not the price [confused]. Even after paying 8.59 lakhs for Petrol 1.6 base option there is no airbag. Why like this? hello Hyundai why we Indians have to pay hard earned 8.59 lakhs to pay to get a beautiful SUV without any safety? It looks like a beautiful bride without any commonsense?????

Last edited:
Hmm... Way too expensive I think add another 50-60K and get XUV W8 fully loaded. I was planning for W6 before waiting for Creta. Not calling my Hyundai dealer today for early delivery, time to think if I should cancel my booking and just go for XUV 500.

Very disappointing indeed! Looks like no Hyundai for me.....

Last edited:
Prices are disappointment at least for me, the 1.6 is over priced. Expected prices to be 50-70k lower. Although these are Delhi Prices, I expect it to be costlier in Bangalore. Now certainly the XUV500 looks VFM.

Prices are disappointment at least for me, the 1.6 is over priced. Expected prices to be 50-70k lower. Although these are Delhi Prices, I expect it to be costlier in Bangalore. Now certainly the XUV500 looks VFM.
I had to watch the launch in mute :(

Any word on SX(O) in Petrol? For my usage, I don't need a diesel especially an 17 lacs OTR car. Hope they launch an top end version in Petrol too.

Well after spending close to around 16 - 17 Lac OTR, Creta suddenly doesnt seem like VFM at all. it infact seems very expensive proposition. XUV or Storme 4X4 seems to be a better and robust buy than creta.

Will this pricing spell EX-creta for some out of 10000 odd booking recieved?

Last edited:
With some aggressive in-your-face marketing of Dusters rugged features, Renault can prevent Creta from achieving any significant success. Hyundai is not known for rough and rugged products. That pricing itself will wean about 1000 buyers pm to others. Notably Duster and XUV.

However what i feel is that, going by history i20 elite was the costliest hatch going into sedans territory. but has that affected the buyer? the numbers tell a different story. there's every chance of history repeating.

I had to watch the launch in mute :(

Any word on SX(O) in Petrol? For my usage, I don't need a diesel especially an 17 lacs OTR car. Hope they launch an top end version in Petrol too.
I don't think that will happen as Petrol Sales are generally low for SUVs. The Duster Petrol hardly sells. If you're looking at Petrol Car, look at Honda City or VW Vento instead, if you're looking only at Hyundai go for Verna. I don't think the Creta is worth the price its asking for especially the Petrol version.

Top Bottom