Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

My two cents - Hyundai is in for a trouble if at all they would want to keep the prices this high[roll]
Especially when Mr. Srivastava expects this product to be a "disruptive product", it cannot be so till the time it isn't priced right and caters to the mass market with an aspiration of owning a Compact SUV/SUV.

@nishant. it was not impressed with the quality of plastic. it looked very hard. design looked uneven on the dashboard. thanks for that pointer on rattling. will keep that in mind. our santro doesn't rattle though.
@akash. right. actually i prefer the prev gen ( 2008) city to this. even the exterior was very good. i hate the current city's front grille.

Could you please elaborate more on this, mention reasons as to why you felt the City's cabin to be inferior. I have Rapid and you'll hate the cabin if you see it. How many will agree with me ?

And in case you are looking at Creta, you'll be fascinated by the interiors, you'll love the overall aura of the interiors. After some time say 3-4 months, the cars plastics will begin to rattle on less then Perfect roads which are hard to find in India. This is exactly what I see in our i20. The car plastics rattle especially the dashboard and rear door panels. But the same cannot be said about my Rapid & Brio or even for that matter the Honda City which you just rejected. Let Akash tell whether his City rattles despite having light build. The only well built Hyundai I have owned is the Sonata Embera but it was a big dud.

Really disappointed to see a good product getting a pre mature asthma even before launch in the form of pricing, Hyundai could have easily positioned it at least in the same price bracket of Duster, but this pricing is too high to get any kind of justifocation, maybe it has lots of features etc but if its not in the 10-14 lakh price On the Road range the product cannot win as the competition is priced so, lets see how the response is.

The story so far..........

I drive almost 40 kms a day, and the increasing cost of petrol forced me to think about a diesel option. Over past 6 months, I checking multiple options which will fit my need of a diesel commute. My mind always wanted an SUV, but family was forcing me for a sedan. The budget was initially set to 12L, which was later extended to 14L due to market conditions. We started checking both segments, mainly top variants and here is the outcome. Excluded mid sized sedans, as we wanted a full size C segment sedan or a compact SUV only.

Liked Verna diesel due to its styling, but dropped due to high cost of maintenance and lack of key features mainly rear AC vent and touchcreen

Liked City diesel for its features, but parked in waiting list due to its ugly grill and engine noise

Ciaz was a surprise for us, which meets almost all our needs. But wife was totally against its looks.

Didnt check Vento/Rapid, as many forums warned high maintenance cost and pathetic ASS

Didnt check Tata as well for above reason, though zest was tempting

Didnt check Sunny, as neither me nor my wife liked those looks. Further, it was lacking features compared to competition. Checked Duster and was impressed. Price was also within reach, but was worried about the common hard clutch issue which my friend was also facing. Parked in waiting list. Loved the XUV500, fell in love as well. Only W6 came in the budget which was missing the highlight - the entertainment system. Also worried about long term ownership reports. Parked in waiting list

Loved the style of terrano, but due to insane price and lack of features, we didnt even test drove it

Test drove ecosport and it was great. Only issue was that it was considered as an 'Alto' in SUV segment :)

Finally zeroed in on two - city (wife's choice) and XUV W6 (my choice), and from there on it was hard to reach a conclusion. Since both of us drove, we wanted to have a car which both of us love and own for a long term. And as all stories end, city got finalized due to several pros and the reliability which XUV may lack in long run, though my wife was bit sympathetic towards my SUV love. Called the dealership and almost finalized the diesel top end and then it happened. The spy shots of ix25 started pouring in and wife got clean bowled on its looks. The city decision was put on hold, and started going through all available forums for reference.

Fully understanding that it is a Hyundai and will bear more maintenance cost compared to suzuki or honda, our love towards the new don increased day by day as more and more spy shots came in. I have never waited like this for anything in my life, and it proved worthy when we saw the creta in flesh in the dealer's yard. Pre booked the AT model, and was eagerly waiting for the d-day Jul 21st

And the story now....

Several leaked prices floating in, one limiting the OTR to 13+ L for AT, another at 14+ L, and another at 17+ L. If it is less than 14 I will be able to afford it, or else the cycle will have to start again. If yes, my 6 month wait will go in drain and I will also have to accommodate for the price hike which happened to both city and XUV. Totally tensed and waiting for the d-day. keeping my fingers crossed, almost 40 hrs left to see the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
@nishant. it was not impressed with the quality of plastic. it looked very hard. design looked uneven on the dashboard. thanks for that pointer on rattling. will keep that in mind. our santro doesn't rattle though.
That's common with every cars under 12 lakh buddy, even the German built Vento has hard plastics, not just City. Uneven design is common to Honda cars, have you seen Civic ? It was praised for its interior design.

Didn't check Vento/Rapid, as many forums warned high maintenance cost and pathetic ASS
Mine has been a different story all together, it's completely opposite to what everyone thinks about Skoda. Regarding maintenance part, yearly service costs around Rs.8500k round about.

Pre booked the AT model, and was eagerly waiting for the d-day Jul 21st. Totally tensed and waiting for the d-day. keeping my fingers crossed, almost 40 hrs left to see the outcome.
Congratulations for booking this new blockbuster ! Ya not much time left before the much debated Pricelist is announced. I am too thinking of booking one but will wait to gauge market response, in case the demand is high it will result in high waiting period and I will happily wait for my turn.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@akash. right. actually i prefer the prev gen ( 2008) city to this. even the exterior was very good. i hate the current city's front grille.
Adithya, see the equation is pretty simple, the brands need to keep their products according to changing tastes. If they know that the car's engine is a huge hit with the people so they won't touch that rather they'll plan out cosmetic upgrades. Same has been done to CITY Ivtec. With the passing of time the designs need to be upgraded. But, how effectively and precisely they are worked upon that solely depends on how skilled are the designers at the OEMs end. Remember, the 2011 model of CITY was also designed by Honda only and it was appreciated at large except for GC issue.

From my Jazz Idtec Review I am quoting a few lines about the Honda's Interior.

On the face of it if you compare the finishing of the interiors to that of Hyundai then for sure you'll be slightly disappointed. But as an individual car, I found Jazz's interior to be practical enough
Reason why I quoted it is because the Jazz's dash-board resembles to that of present gen Honda CITY.

Regards

Akash

PS: Its time buddy, you should begin a thread separately to discuss about your choice of cars which you intend to purchase in car shopper's section. Discussing other cars than Creta will complicate the decision for you as well as confuse other readers here.[:)]

Last edited:
Got a chance to see the white SX(O) n black sx+ AT creta at Bangalore advaith stockyard but i have booked the car at advaith hyundai, mysore. The car has got good road presence and the black creta is just amazing. The bonnet height is a bit low compared to duster but far better than sedan cars. Side profile has the best design . Roof rails reminds me of i20 active and are not so attractive. Hyundai is a winner when it comes to the interiors. The interiors are better than i20 active for sure . Am comparing this to i20 active because my brother owns one. Plastic quality is top notch. I just loved the artificial leather seats and specially those white stitches on it. Console armrest box is bit bigger than i20active. Touchscreen is very responsive. They told me that we can even watch videos and photos via USB. Horns are well suited and it sounds similar to those bosch symphony horns. There is only one power outlet below the FATC and the other power outlet is at the rear just below the rear ac vents. The driving seat position can be adjusted to a good position by adjusting the seat height. The rear seats can accomodate 3 adults not an issue.
I actually wanted to see the car just to check the GC and the boot space. I felt tat it is more than i20 active's GC . The boot space is quite good and it should be more than 400ltrs.
The diamond cut alloys are awesome n those 16inch alloys are good but not eye catching for sure. Overall, the Creta is a better looking suv compared to duster, terrano n ecosport.
Here in Bangalore ,SA told me that the OTR price of SXo might go upto 16.10L. [anger]. Sx+ AT =15.9L.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Congrats on your booking chandan. Well there has been a lot of discussions going on of the prices. Some said 14 lakhs otr in bangalore and some even said 17 lakhs otr and now you came saying 16 lakhs [lol]

I am sure every dealer is guessing the prices and i hope the top end doesn't cross 15 lakhs otr. Just 36 more hours and we will get the official prices.

From all the price discussions above what i have got is some dealers might be quoting ex showroom prices and some are OTR.whats big deal in waiting one more day.i am more interested to see what july21st brings (cancellations or bookings)[;)]

i have also got 14 lack price quotes from my dealer.lets see

Last edited:
The story so far..........

I drive almost 40 kms a day, and the increasing cost of petrol forced me to think about a diesel option. Over past 6 months, I checking multiple options which will fit my need of a diesel commute. My mind always wanted an SUV, but family was forcing me for a sedan. The budget was initially set to 12L, which was later extended to 14L due to market conditions. We started checking both segments, mainly top variants and here is the outcome. Excluded mid sized sedans, as we wanted a full size C segment sedan or a compact SUV only.
Liked Verna diesel due to its styling, but dropped due to high cost of maintenance and lack of key features mainly rear AC vent and touchscreen
Liked City diesel for its features, but parked in waiting list due to its ugly grill and engine noise
Ciaz was a surprise for us, which meets almost all our needs. But wife was totally against its looks.
Didnt check Vento/Rapid, as many forums warned high maintenance cost and pathetic ASS
Didnt check Tata as well for above reason, though zest was tempting
Didnt check Sunny, as neither me nor my wife liked those looks. Further, it was lacking features compared to competition
Checked Duster and was impressed. Price was also within reach, but was worried about the common hard clutch issue which my friend was also facing. Parked in waiting list
Loved the XUV500, fell in love as well. Only W6 came in the budget which was missing the highlight - the entertainment system. Also worried about long term ownership reports. Parked in waiting list
Loved the style of terrano, but due to insane price and lack of features, we didnt even test drove it
Test drove ecosport and it was great. Only issue was that it was considered as an 'Alto' in SUV segment :)
Finally zeroed in on two - city (wife's choice) and XUV W6 (my choice), and from there on it was hard to reach a conclusion. Since both of us drove, we wanted to have a car which both of us love and own for a long term. And as all stories end, city got finalized due to several pros and the reliability which XUV may lack in long run, though my wife was bit sympathetic towards my SUV love. Called the dealership and almost finalized the diesel top end and then it happened. The spy shots of ix25 started pouring in and wife got clean bowled on its looks. The city decision was put on hold, and started going through all available forums for reference. Fully understanding that it is a Hyundai and will bear more maintenance cost compared to suzuki or honda, our love towards the new don increased day by day as more and more spy shots came in. I have never waited like this for anything in my life, and it proved worthy when we saw the creta in flesh in the dealer's yard. Pre booked the AT model, and was eagerly waiting for the d-day Jul 21st
And the story now....
Several leaked prices floating in, one limiting the OTR to 13+ L for AT, another at 14+ L, and another at 17+ L. If it is less than 14 I will be able to afford it, or else the cycle will have to start again. If yes, my 6 month wait will go in drain and I will also have to accommodate for the price hike which happened to both city and XUV. Totally tensed and waiting for the d-day. keeping my fingers crossed, almost 40 hrs left to see the outcome.
2015 Duster has no problems with hard clutch. I own one , and can feel a significant difference between this and earlier models. It shouldnt be a deal breaker for the Duster.

Just came to know creta AT will be around 16L OTR Bangalore. Big thumbs down as scorpio also introduced AT 2wd and AT 4wd around same price. This will make creta buyers to think twice. Ecosport AT is 12L OTR in Bangalore. With this 4 lakhs difference compare to creta we can easily use that for 5 years running petrol costs plus it has whole lot of safety features compare to creta AT which compromised safety features. I may cancel my booking if it is 16L

Top Bottom