Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Thanks akash. you put it very well. wait and watch would be a better strategy. right now even the dealers seem to be arrogant due to the initial response. having said that, i just tested city and its out of equation. the interior quality is a big letdown. no premium feel at all. so i will check creta out. if i dont like that too, then i would consider a premium hatch.( no offence to any owners. this is my personal opinion). anyways i will create a new thread in the right section to discuss further.

Well Adithya, CITY and Creta as you know are 2 different products and CITY is a established one and Creta is a upcoming new product. I have a Honda City Petrol 1.5L Ivtec, in 4 years of ownership, not a single mechanical/technical niggle. As of now, until prices are officially announced, its uncertain of how the CRETA will actually be received by the market here. Also, note, the waiting period for Creta would be much higher than Honda CITY. So considering the immediate scenarios, I feel Honda CITY would be a better buy.

The Car Shopper's section of our forum is the one that addresses the car purchase queries.[:)]

Regards

Akash

i just tested city and its out of equation. the interior quality is a big letdown. no premium feel at all.
Could you please elaborate more on this, mention reasons as to why you felt the City's cabin to be inferior. I have Rapid and you'll hate the cabin if you see it. How many will agree with me ?

And in case you are looking at Creta, you'll be fascinated by the interiors, you'll love the overall aura of the interiors. After some time say 3-4 months, the cars plastics will begin to rattle on less then Perfect roads which are hard to find in India. This is exactly what I see in our i20. The car plastics rattle especially the dashboard and rear door panels. But the same cannot be said about my Rapid & Brio or even for that matter the Honda City which you just rejected. Let Akash tell whether his City rattles despite having light build. The only well built Hyundai I have owned is the Sonata Embera but it was a big dud.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i just tested city and its out of equation. the interior quality is a big letdown. no premium feel at all.
Let Akash tell whether his City rattles despite having light build.
Adithya, As an owner of Honda City Ivtec for 4 years, I surely consider myself lucky firstly because in Base variant I got 2 airbags and ABS that time. Moreover, got Beige cabin interiors with good plastic and just an year back got the front component speakers replaced to Rockford with Tweeters. The door pads and the A-Pillar plastics were removed and fixed again and believe me not a single noise even after more than a year. In 4 years nothing rattled so far even after extensive highway and city drives. Also, as its your personal perception, I respect that but honestly, Honda City's interiors are never worth rejection. I got the 2011 model and after that 2 more models have come out and I have sat in both, I did not find them boring or dud. Of-Course, comparing the finesse of Hyundai in interiors to that of Honda can make Hyundai seem to be viable in terms of in-cabin experience but let me tell you here that don't fall for a product just because of short term liking and choose the car on long term viability. As you are planning to buy a I-VTec then rest assured its a proven mile cruncher with nil flaws. I as a owner can say this. My model of CITY Ivtec is one of the most easy-going one.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the details gm88. I have visited 2 hyundai showrooms and they both said 2 cars will be alloted only on 21st but i got better deals on xcent and grandi10 from the second showroom.
We might book the creta too and dad is saying let's wait for the prices and then accordingly will buy either the xcent or the grand i10 in exchange for the i10. If creta's is priced very high then grand i10 magna model will be choosen if not then the xcent s (0).

Anyways dad and i haven't discussed any of this with my mother. dad left for business purposes the day we checked the xcent. Will talk to my dad tomorrow and will update.
You seem to be a true blue Hyundai fan mate and totally justifying your TAI username. Already so many Hyundai's in the garage and now your looking for two more from the same stable.[clap] You should ask the Hyundai guys for some extensive super loyalty bonus.[:D] I'm sure those deals on the Grand i10 and Xcent must be made super sweet for you by Hyundai guys.

Coming back to Creta, seems like they have a lot of pre-bookings for the car and I hope Hyundai prices it sanely and doesn't get carried away with the initial buzz which might completely cool down if they price it over ambitiously. To sustain good sales over a long period of time they have to price it correctly and don't get too close to the Mahindra XUV500 pricing territory. Rest closer the launch date arrives, more the speculations.[;)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
[:D] i was wondering if i contact hyundai and ask for special discounts just like you said [:D] haha.

Anyways i just told my sister and she said no hyundai anymore :p i said then recommend any other car. She likes creta but said no hyundai. Haha.

In the end i will choose if we make any decisions. And i will not go more OT. Will make a new thread if we decide.

For the time being waiting for the creta prices so desperately.

colors preview
polar white
IMG_0364.JPG
stardust grey
IMG_0365.JPG
mystic blue
IMG_0366.JPG
red
IMG_0367.JPG
sleek silver
IMG_0370.JPG

Few weeks back dealer offered me White sx(o) delivery on 21st july.but i didn't want to rush and now chose sx+ auto transmission.
I like Mystic blue which is relatively new to india.but people my close circle are not liking that color may be because they never have experience with that color before.In USA similar shades are popular.

My two cents regarding crete variants.
After careful analysis of all the features provided,if not auto transmission and 1.6L diesel i would definitely choose S which is much more VFM(we can get rear view camera from third party very easily. and also lots of chrome accessaries are available on the net) because i heard many people choosing duster 85hp than 110 hp.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these pics Shiva M. Well you have surely confused me further. Really liked the white one I saw today, but in the pics I'm finding silver to be equally nice. Will have to see both the shades in person to make the final call. I kind of like the Creta in black shade too.

Here I'm adding the black shade which was posted by Motorbeam a few days back

creta1.jpg
creta2.jpg

I did a quick review of the Creta brochure and compared it with the Duster brochure. Apart from 6 airbags option and AT, I cant think of a single feature that makes Creta a more premium offering.
In all other important feature areas, they are equal- with Duster expected to have more boot space and GC (although Creta's numbers havent been revealed- why so?)

For the record, yesterday evening, I hauled in 3 large suitcases, i medium suitcase, odd hand bags and one child stroller in the Duster from the airport (with parcel shelf removed for oddball item fitting). There was room for one more rucksack/laptop bag still. This was the first instance of my utilizing the bootspace of the Duster and i was mighty impressed.

I dont think the Creta or S Cross would manage that. Only the XUV with 3rd row folded gives equivalent space. Aria, Storme and Scorpio (rear seats folded) manage a bit more, But they are dimensionally larger anyways.

To pay 16 lac for Creta is to be uncharitable to efforts by Mahindra on the XUV. In my opinion, Creta, Duster, Terrano and S Cross should all be priced between 9 lac and 14 lac On Road, in any city. 14 lac being top end in respective models (AWD for Duster). All of them are typicallypriced approx 1 lac more than necessary. The 14> lac segment begins with XUV, Aria, Storme etc, which are higher class vehicles.

Last edited:
I did a quick review of the Creta brochure and compared it with the Duster brochure. Apart from 6 airbags option and AT, I cant think of a single feature that makes Creta a more premium offering.
In all other important feature areas, they are equal- with Duster expected to have more boot space and GC (although Creta's numbers havent been revealed- why so?)

For the record, yesterday evening, I hauled in 3 large suitcases, i medium suitcase, odd hand bags and one child stroller in the Duster from the airport (with parcel shelf removed for oddball item fitting). There was room for one more rucksack/laptop bag still. This was the first instance of my utilizing the bootspace of the Duster and i was mighty impressed.

I dont think the Creta or S Cross would manage that. Only the XUV with 3rd row folded gives equivalent space. Aria, Storme and Scorpio (rear seats folded) manage a bit more, But they are dimensionally larger anyways.

To pay 16 lac for Creta is to be uncharitable to efforts by Mahindra on the XUV. In my opinion, Creta, Duster, Terrano and S Cross should all be priced between 9 lac and 14 lac On Road, in any city. 14 lac being top end in respective models (AWD for Duster). All of them are typicallypriced approx 1 lac more than necessary. The 14> lac segment begins with XUV, Aria, Storme etc, which are higher class vehicles.
Very well articulated summary acechip. Hyundai we know you are reading these pages and done calculate usage of media, web, forums. Creta should retail 14(Delhi) to 15(Bangalore). Then you have nailed it else you are dangerously in xuv segment which Creta is not. If you want to disrupt the segment and want to be a king of this segment 14 to 15 OTR prices will hand over the throne to you in 1 quarter else small number sale and you will be just in the charts that's all.

Well, hyundai labels it as 'SUV'. So I am sure GC figures won't surprise.

And especially 1,4 with ex show room price bellow 10 L would be targeted towards budget custemers(85PS dusters, Terrano & mid version of ES) Top versions of 1.4 would be called as VFM & would compete with Topend ES.Top end 85 PS Dusters & Terrano. And topend versions of 1.6 would be targeted against the 110 PS Dusters & Terrano & XUV too.

This is clear attempt on the part of Hyundai to take advantage(not undue) of cross shopping mentality of Indian buyers. They have targeted all the best sellers in that budget range of 9L to 16 L and intelligently won't harm recently launched bellow 9L elite & active i20

It is the official road test by TAI & others would decide the goodness of Creta, but I am sure it will make duster, Terrano & ES to take a reverse on their price hikes done earlier. And custemers would benefit, thanks Hyundai.

Now, there is high possibility that their prospective verna buyers might get diverted to creta, but Hyundai won't get disappointed as buyers are retained & as it is Verna, due to age is due for replacement in their stable.
So all fords, Reynaults & Nissan & XUV are going to bear the burnt on sales chart.

Top Bottom