Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Great scoop with brochure. These days TAI is most happening place of all portals with scoop for every new release. Akash and other members are leading this place to share secrets and constant updates.
Unfortunately I may have to withdraw bookings as I was looking for one car that has everything including AT & Safety features. Will wait for future SX(O) AT variant.

Here you go guys, official e-brochure...
Thanks Cammy for posting this.

I did not see mapping of trims with engines (1.4 / 1.6 D, 1.6 P) in this brochure which means Hyundai has the option of introducing more combinations later. Hoping there will be an SX(O) option in Petrol too.

Thanks Cammy for posting this.

I did not see mapping of trims with engines (1.4 / 1.6 D, 1.6 P) in this brochure which means Hyundai has the option of introducing more combinations later. Hoping there will be an SX(O) option in Petrol too.
They very much have mapped the trims to engine. Check the Key features section in the first column.

They very much have mapped the trims to engine. Check the Key features section in the first column.
Thanks Vivekh. I see it now. No SX(O) Petrol [frustration].

The actual prices will be locked away safely and guarded vigorously - it would be the most important document in Hyundai now. These are basics of doing any business. Lets wait for Tuesday to know the actual prices. I am sure they will be sane and sensible in pricing this going by their track record so far.

I am really amazed why they are not talking about Ground Clearance and boot space anywhere. We didn't see it in the ones posted above nor in the product training guide.
Whats so secret about it, may be they are not class leading i guess.
Hyundai is being plain silly now. Not expected from a global manufacturer. MSIL is being more upfront with their S Cross, with its plain jane looks, 350 litres boot, average (180mm) GC, but with a monster of a Fiat engine in the form of the 320 DDIS. I like that. Unpretentious, straight forward. Whether people like what is essentially a regular large hatchback by global standards, only time will tell. Its atleast not pretending to be an SUV.And going through the official brochure, I really wonder what exactly does Hyundai have across all variants for it to appear "premium" and luxurious" ? All the best features are in the top variant only, including the 6 airbags (the most important feature IMO).

The understated but (perhaps) equally capable S Cross is winning the perception battle in my eyes. Hyundai is just creating unnecessary fluff around what may be a regular product.

I have a funny feeling that Hyundai is playing us with "controlled leaks" and gauging customer reaction to various pricing models and happily smirking at all of us behind the scenes.

Following pictures
1-delhi ex showroom prices of duster
2-delhi ex showroom prices of terrano
3-On-road price of duster top variant(Not AWD one)
4-On-road price of terrano top variant

prices calculated by carwale.com

I believe it will sell it is priced from 9.3 to 12.6 lakhs ex showroom because it undoubtedly offers more value and features as compared to duster and terrano.

My friends have both the Renault Duster and THE BIGGER XUV5OO.I have driven both and let me tell you this there is no overlapping in these two segments.the person who wants a full size suv will only consider xuv not duster and terrano.

the person who wants to buy a compact suv has different requirements as compared to the person who wants a Full size suv. you CANNOT COMPARE CRETA TO XUV5OO as some people in our forum and other forums are doing it.

let us now wait for 21st july

Attachments

Hi all experts, after a lot of research, I have finally decided buy either Honda City V (Petrol) or Hyundai Creta SX+ (Petrol). Really confused as to which one is a better buy. ( resale, fuel efficiency etc is not a priority). Also, any news of a face lifted city in the near future?. appreciate your views.
@mods and admin. i know this is a wrong place for this query. i cudnt find an appropriate section to post this at. can you point me to the relevant sub forum/thread?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi all experts, after a lot of research, I have finally decided buy either Honda City V (Petrol) or Hyundai Creta SX+ (Petrol). Really confused as to which one is a better buy. ( resale, fuel efficiency etc is not a priority). Also, any news of a face lifted city in the near future?. appreciate your views.
Well Adithya, CITY and Creta as you know are 2 different products and CITY is a established one and Creta is a upcoming new product. I have a Honda City Petrol 1.5L Ivtec, in 4 years of ownership, not a single mechanical/technical niggle. As of now, until prices are officially announced, its uncertain of how the CRETA will actually be received by the market here. Also, note, the waiting period for Creta would be much higher than Honda CITY. So considering the immediate scenarios, I feel Honda CITY would be a better buy.

@mods and admin. can you point me to the relevant sub forum/thread?
The Car Shopper's section of our forum is the one that addresses the car purchase queries.[:)]

Regards

Akash

thanks a lot akash. useful info. you are right. however i am ok with the waiting period. moreover, i see that there aren't too many takers for petrol. hopefully the waiting period is not long for petrol.
Well Adithya, CITY and Creta as you know are 2 different products and CITY is a established one and Creta is a upcoming new product. I have a Honda City Petrol 1.5L Ivtec, in 4 years of ownership, not a single mechanical/technical niggle. As of now, until prices are officially announced, its uncertain of how the CRETA will actually be received by the market here. Also, note, the waiting period for Creta would be much higher than Honda CITY. So considering the immediate scenarios, I feel Honda CITY would be a better buy.

The Car Shopper's section of our forum is the one that addresses the car purchase queries.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Regarding Hyundai not mentioning GC. It could be because of excise rules for Vehicles known as "SUV's" and with engine displacement Higher than 1500 CC. They have put some plastic bits show 165mm GC, which attract 27% Excise Duty VS 30%. 3% Excise duty difference will have a 5% Difference OTR.

Actual GC will be higher. GC in the brochure needs to be consistent with what is declared to Excise Authorities. Putting 165mm on the Brochure will be a huge dampener on Sales.

S Cross is not called a SUV so Maruti does not face this problem.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
however i am ok with the waiting period. moreover, i see that there aren't too many takers for petrol. hopefully the waiting period is not long for petrol.
Based on your needs you are opting for petrol version which is ok. But as a person, for me, venturing into a unknown territory/product is slightly difficult because I do not go by brand name as such. Agreed that Creta comes from Hyundai stable, but I always give time for a new product to settle in the market. Let Creta launch and settle down in our market in the next 5 months. By then better feedback and reviews can be accessed for it. As of Honda, You can easily go in for IVtec CITY. Also in near future, no face-lift is coming out.

Regards

Akash

Got a call from the dealer today morning saying the display vehicle has arrived and I could come and have a look at the car. Went there as soon as I got time along with my cousins. They have hidden the car nicely in the backyard. All badges were still taped. I was not allowed to take any pictures of the vehicle but I'll give my first impressions here. The model was a white diesel SX(O). The car was locked and I could just peep inside to see the interiors.

1. First look gives an impression that its a baby Santa Fe in every sense specially when viewed from the front and sides.
2. Size wise surely comparable to Duster but looks much more proportional and surely a very nice looking car overall. Definitely has a SUV feel to it.
3. Fit and finish from outside is typical Hyundai. No panel gaps, no tacky rough edges noticeable. Paint quality too was top notch.
4. The 17inch diamond cut alloys look so attractive in real. Absolute drool material.
5. The cladding and the silver plates in front and back look really nice and give a proper compact SUV look.
6. Leg space in the rear from what I could make out is sufficient but not class leading in any terms. Rear window line also rises considerably so it might be a little claustrophobic in the rear bench if one is not very tall.
7. Ground clearance is surely adequate and I would guess it is surely in the range of 200mm or above. Surely it is more than the likes of i20 active.
8. The LED and front headlamps look really nice. The car overall has a very urban and a 2015 feel to it. I particularly liked the vertical front fog lamp design. Chrome grille in the front looks just about right too and surely not an over-doze of chrome.
9. Interiors looked really nice, specially the 7inch infotainment system. Could not feel the plastic quality of the dash but could make out its typical Hyundai fit and finish inside too.
10. Artificial leather upholstery looked really nice too in the top of the line SX(O) variant. White stitching over the black upholstery was looking sporty.
11. Blackened A-pillar looked really attractive as it had a little glossy touch to it.

Some things which I didn't find all that nice -

1. Shark fin antenna didn't seem to be going along with the overall SUV look of the car. I would prefer the regular ones like in the Polo.
2. The roof rails look like an after market integration and are no where near as classy looking as the one found in the ix25 available in the Chinese market.
3. I for one didn't really like the rear design of the vehicle. Its palatable but looks like a little too heavy to me. They could have probably placed the number plate region a little higher but that's just my opinion.

Well as for the delivery of my car I have told them to hold it till the prices are confirmed on 21st. The latest prices conveyed to the dealer was that top diesel variant would cost anywhere around 12.8 - 13Lakhs ex showroom. If that is the case will decide on 21st between SX or SX+ whichever feels more value for money. Will be going for white color only as it looked terrific in real. And the best part was that Creta looked just the right size, not too big neither too small. People who were booking today were being given a waiting period of 3 months for manual diesel and 5-6 months for automatic.

For me, delivery will depend on the variant and availability as I decide on 21st but should get the vehicle within two weeks time as promised by the sales head.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks for sharing the details gm88. I have visited 2 hyundai showrooms and they both said 2 cars will be alloted only on 21st but i got better deals on xcent and grandi10 from the second showroom.
We might book the creta too and dad is saying let's wait for the prices and then accordingly will buy either the xcent or the grand i10 in exchange for the i10. If creta's is priced very high then grand i10 magna model will be choosen if not then the xcent s (0).

Anyways dad and i haven't discussed any of this with my mother [:D] dad left for business purposes the day we checked the xcent. Will talk to my dad tomorrow and will update.

Top Bottom