Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

As reported yesterday, prices in Pune will indeed be 16 lac - 17 lac range for top end SX(O) , SX+ AT will also be in the same range, 20k-30k less than SX(O)
TraderJunkie, what's your source? Is it official? Can you share some photos of documentation? So what would be the Ex-showroom price?

TraderJunkie, what's your source? Is it official? Can you share some photos of documentation? So what would be the Ex-showroom price?
Even I think the pricing quoted is not correct. This will be a blunder if it is true. For this price XUV make more sense.

Around 110 hours for curtains to fall. Let's wait [frustration]

Booked my SX(O) today and this was the quote I got. I wil be getting the official quote by tomorrow ! Will share the docs once I get those :)

If we feel duster with not so attractive interiors llacking many features overpriced (as a result of undue disadvantage taken by the automaker, of the sales figures), Terrano is also selling with a premium on it.
So, why members here are not believing creta pricing which comes with a long list of features & luxurious interiors of which we Indians are fond of?

Can someone enumerate reasons to price the Creta lesser than Terrano?

Last edited:
This is WOM (Waste of Money) pricing , not VFM pricing! For that price, anyone in his right mind will settle for the far more capable XUV, with 7 seats, 140BHP, 2.2 Litre MHawk and great road presence.
Fully agree on that unless Hyundai surprises us with the prices. If you compare the trio, the Creta doesn't look as spacious as Duster nor does it ride & handle like Duster. Though I expect it to be good performer backed by good set of engines with good levels of features. Again 2 areas where Duster & Ecosport are equally good. Let us wait and watch then.

So, why members here are not believing creta pricing which comes with a long list of features & luxurious interiors of which we Indians are fond of? Can someone enumerate reasons to price the Creta lesser than Terrano?
Duster is no doubt expensive. But when Creta comes into picture, the scenario changes. The Creta with its more features & better interiors can command higher premium compared to Duster, but when it does so it also puts itself in a higher segment. There you have Innova. & XUV500 which though are of different category but also do what the Creta does. They also offer you addition row of seats along with bigger car feel. If a customer is willing to pay 17 lakh for a car, he would put money on these instead of Creta which looks expensive compared to the Innova & XUV500. This is the thing that many members feel concerned about.

Though if you ask why people buy the Duster when it is overpriced for what it offers, the answer is simple. All the Dusters' you see on Road are mid variants, which are neither priced high nor low. The Ratio of 85bhp to 110bhp variants is 54:46. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have a similar question.. I see that most of the comparisons in the net are with duster.
hardly see any comparison with terrano. iIs terrano in a different segment?. Please throw some light.
(off topic: my neighbor has a terrano. planning to take him on with creta. [:)][:)]

If we feel duster with not so attractive interiors llacking many features overpriced (as a result of undue disadvantage taken by the automaker, of the sales figures), Terrano is also selling with a premium on it.
So, why members here are not believing creta pricing which comes with a long list of features & luxurious interiors of which we Indians are fond of?

I dont understand what is really so "premium" about Creta ? Electrically folding ORVMs ?

1 GB Music data storage ? Stop Start feature ? These are not premium by any means. Premium feature to my mind is Full Sunroof, power seat adjust with memory, heated/cooled seats, Dual Zone FATC, a real high end music system etc. None of which are present in the Creta.
So whats the big premium feel over a Duster ? It cannot , by all accounts seat 5 adults as comfortably as Duster. It does not have the same boot capacity as Duster, nor the ground clearance. It does not even have an AWD option! So whats the big deal really ?? Just because the leather "feels" better?
I myself feel some of the ergonomic quirks of the Duster like the ORVM adjustment is thoughtfully made, so you dont fiddle around while driving. You need to necessarily stop, make the adjustment and then continue-which is the right and safe way.

I sometimes feel a bit too much is made about features. After all, for a driver, the most important thing is hands on stick & wheel and feet on pedal. Everything else is kinda optional. This I humbly say after 20 years of driving vehicles in various categories and in all conditions, India and abroad.

Last edited:
All these speculations and hype are part of Hyundai's marketing strategy, which will help their initial sales and even a consistent sales figure in future. In my opinion if creta is not bearing an insane price, both duster and ecosport will have its own market here and will continue to go on though will not see same volume as before. No one is going to wind up their business and run away, due to creta. Hyundai is not aiming a pure compact SUV segment audience, but those who are still confused whether to go for a compact SUV, sedan or a premium hatch. Those who still wants pleasure of offroading on a limited budget will still look for scorpio, xuv, duster, ecosport or terrano, and soft roaders will look for creta or even s-cross.

Last edited:
And of the vehicles mentioned above, only the Scorpio 4WD can go truly off road, but even that is less than what a Storme/Fortuner/Thar can do. The XUV and Duster AWD are true soft roaders/gravel kings. The 2WD versions of the same (along with Terrano) are mild soft roaders. The Ecosport is a pure urban class SUV, more in the category of the Creta, S Cross.

I dont understand what is really so "premium" about Creta ? Electrically folding ORVMs ?

1 GB Music data storage ? Stop Start feature ? These are not premium by any means. Premium feature to my mind is Full Sunroof, power seat adjust with memory, heated/cooled seats, Dual Zone FATC, a real high end music system etc. None of which are present in the Creta.
So whats the big premium feel over a Duster ? It cannot , by all accounts seat 5 adults as comfortably as Duster. It does not have the same boot capacity as Duster, nor the ground clearance. It does not even have an AWD option! So whats the big deal really ?? Just because the leather "feels" better?
I myself feel some of the ergonomic quirks of the Duster like the ORVM adjustment is thoughtfully made, so you dont fiddle around while driving. You need to necessarily stop, make the adjustment and then continue-which is the right and safe way.
By the way leather is also not premium, it is artificial leather/PU which they are providing with even sx(o) trim. There is no cruise control. I am inline for first lot delivery and has opted for SX(o) 1.6 Diesel white. Personally seen the car. Engine is refined didn't test drive but turned the ignition on and noise is very minimal inside the cabin. Very well refined. You need to note that Duster didn't had competition when it got launched and they created the segment. I remember they introduced 85 PS base for 9.4 OTR Bangalore (which has highest road tax). Since they dominated the segment prices increased significantly and hence monopoly. As per the few leaks 11.5 to 12 lac for 1.6 SX(o) is realistic to keep things going on for Hyundai and will rock the segment. If it is anything close to few wild rumours of 17+ OTR starting with mine there will be thousands of booking cancellations. I will be better of looking at XUV500 W8 or if decide on 5 seater will go for equally featured SCross which may 1.5+ lacs lesser if we just compromise on looks we have great fiat 1.6 MJd on hands.

And last but not the least guys these pricing rumours may be the strategic marketing ploy by hyundai which already mentioned by their MD in one of the interview. Why not rise the bars of pricing expectation with the peoples mind and under cut it to create one more roar. I have gut feeling that they will under cut duster price based on my analysis and research so far and pricing of 1.6 sx(0) would be 1 lac more than verna top trim 11.75 to 12.25.(Bangalore)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i kept on thinking why are you pin pointing electric folding orvm , i checked the duster brochure and it doesn't have one.

i don't know about you but when i was little i used to see those mercedes with auto foldable mirrors and obviously it looked cool. again all premium brands have this feature till now with some extra features like heated mirror etc.

for you maybe this is a little thing but 5 years back did you think that you will get the same feature in a car like grand i10 ? but they made it available.

about all the other things that you mentioned , does the duster have it ? no. and what car below 20 lakhs otr has these features. please do enlighten me. i don't know if you are comparing creta with normal cars or premium brands like bmw but i'm sure these features that you talk of aren't available below 20 lakhs.

So whats the big premium feel over a Duster ?. It does not have the same boot capacity as Duster, nor the ground clearance. It does not even have an AWD option! So whats the big deal really ?? Just because the leather "feels" better?

I sometimes feel a bit too much is made about features. After all, for a driver, the most important thing is hands on stick & wheel and feet on pedal. Everything else is kinda optional. This I humbly say after 20 years of driving vehicles in various categories and in all conditions, India and abroad
i seriously don't know what meaning you know for the word "premium"[sleep] obviously if the leather feels better , it is a premium thing to have.

i know for one thing that cheap interior quality is not the meaning of premium. a friend's 320i has very less rear legroom , that middle hump is bad , the rear seat for the middle person is hard. my legs touches the dashboard whenever i sit at the front.

my verna has much better space so does that mean my verna is more premium than the 3 series ? space is not the only thing. the leather quality , the amount of features ( orvm's automatically goes down when reverse is engaged ) and the solid built quality speaks for the premium feeling.

IAB review
On the Creta though, Hyundai have taken their premium interior a step above. For example, the doors have a solid VW-like feel when you open and shut them. Further, the door pads on the top-end Creta SX (O) are lined with leather with contrast white stitching, what is normally seen on a luxury brand.

Read more: Hyundai Creta Review (First Drive)
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook
your statement
It cannot , by all accounts seat 5 adults as comfortably as Duster
now check this
The rear bench is one of the wider ones in this segment, and can accommodate three with reasonable comfort.
Legroom at the rear is generous,

Read more: Hyundai Creta Review (First Drive)
Follow us: @indianautos on Twitter | IndianAutosBlog on Facebook
that extra space in duster makes it more premium ?

Indian Auto Blog journalists have forgotten the Fiat Linea. If the doors of VW feel "solid" to them, then the doors of a Fiat will seem like a "vault". In this segment (0-15 lac) , Fiat , in my mind, is the benchmark for external build solidity.

I don't know what prices the dealers have in other states, but the prices that Invincible13 had posted seems to be reality at least here in Karnataka.
Nishant: The entire Creta saga on pricing is just speculations here and in many other forums.
No one in dealership levels will have the pricing at this stage and that is why we seeing varying pricing across - also the dealers are demanding different booking advances ranging from 25 k to 1 lakh.

But one thing is clear it will be a premium pricing very close ( +) to Duster.

Top Bottom