Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

That's a disastrous pricing, 17 lakh for a 5 seater SUV, I would rather buy XUV500 or Innova. I am sure many will cancel the bookings after this price is announced. Though many will buy it just because it has Features, Features, Features. Though considering the rivals, the 1.4 is decently priced. I think Hyundai might be looking to fill the gap between Verna & Elantra with Creta.

Let us hope that Hyundai won't spoil the party.
I hear you brother. All we can do at this moment is wait till 21st.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Duster is also overpriced but at least it has good engines, large boot space, excellent ride quality and decent soft road capabilities. Interiors are not bad. You get leather, av nav system, cruise control , what else do you want? electric folding orvm? that's a useless and expensive feature if it fails. Climate control? Useful perhaps but it does have a regular AC. The only thing it must have is 6 airbags, but that is a rare offering in most cars as of current anyways.
i mentioned the interior quality to be bad. i took a td and was really surprised to see the bad interior quality. i took a td of petrol and it took it's time to accelerate which seemed tiresome to me considering driving it in traffic.

again it's not just about if the competitors offers or not , it's the total VFM package which needs to be considered. if they add some more features and change the interior quality , duster would still have a chance.

Thank you Furious_Driver and allhyundaicars.

Your advice of avoiding diesel because of low usage is mainly because of cost Vs usage or are there other considerations? Might sound a basic / stupid question but just wanted to get more insights into your thought process.
yes , for usage it will take more than 5 years (approx) to break even. you also have to consider more service charges + expensive parts compared to the petrol. based on these calculations i too opted for verna petrol.

Hello Everybody,

I received a mail from SA with 2 attachements today morning, one being the features list across variants (it's the same that i had posted in one of the earlier thread), while the second one was the pricing list acrross variants (attached below the same)

I'm shocked, frustrated and irritated [anger]with Hyundai, may be they are thinking to have made a product that can be priced as per their whimps and fancies, not sure whom are they trying to compete with?. I did call back the SA and tried to check if these prices have been officially confirmed by Hyundai, response was "these have been communicated to us as the OTR prices for Bangalore across variants" [anger].

But if these prices end-up being for Bangalore, Hyundai would just end up having a "looser product in hand" and not "a wining product in hand", even after realizing higher road taxes Hyundai should get sensible to price this product in a city like Bangalore!!!!
i agree with notEnthusiast. just compare the price difference between the diesel and the petrol models. it doesn't make sense. 2.5 lakhs rs difference between petrol sx and doesel sx model and only 1.84 lakhs difference between petrol sx+ and diesel sx+

Thanks for sharing this invincible. I hope these are not the final prices [angry]

The price difference between 1.6 Petrol SX and 1.6 Petrol SX+ seems to be huge. For 2 lacs more all you get is rear camera, chrome handles, larger AVN and push button / start stop. It just does not make sense.
there's no sx petrol model. it must be the s petrol. one more error , no point in discussing these prices

Last edited:
Wow if those prices turn out to be true on 21st, I think Hyundai has shot itself in the foot. Why would anyone go for a compact SUV when one could get a full blown SUV in the Mahindru XUV500 at a similar price with more features, a third row seating,bigger engine, etc. Sure fuel efficiency/mileage would be in mind but still.

I think we should wait for the official launch and not jump into any conclusions as of now. Dealers themselves have really half information and the final price list is I'm sure pretty much undisclosed as of now. Hyundai India will be positioning this car very carefully to gain more market share in Indian automotive industry. With the prices mentioned above, it might sell about 1.5-2k units/month but not the targeted sales set by Hyundai of 5-6k/month. For that they will have to price it in the 8-12.5Lakhs ex showroom price bracket. Rest fingers crossed for people like me who have pre-booked it. I hope I don't end up cancelling it on 21st.[roll]

My hunch is it will be positioned slightly lower variant to variant against Mahindra Scorpio price wise specially for diesel top variants.

Mahindra Scorpio S6 - RS.10.99L ex showroom Chandigarh
Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX diesel - Rs. 10.79L** ex showroom Chandigarh

Mahindra Scorpio S8 - Rs 11.81L ex showroom Chandigarh
Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX+ - Rs 11.61L** ex showroom Chandigarh

Mahindra Scorpio S10 - Rs 12.42L ex showroom Chandigarh
Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX(O) - Rs 12.25L** ex showroom Chandigarh

Anything beyond these estimated prices and I'll mostly end up cancelling my booking.

This segment of five seater SUV is heating up
With high prising strategy [surprise]of hyundai surely they will have to come to ground reality.
I would rather prefer to wait till
Totyta's RAV4.
Maruti's XA Alpha,SX4 Cross , Vitara .
Chevrolet's Adra.
Honda's Brio based SUV Even Diesel CRV .
Many more to arrive in Indian market.

I have booked Creta AT in Bangalore well know showroom and I am getting it in 1st batch only[:D] Believe me guys the prices going around are just rumours, the OTR Bangalore prices are around 15L only. Unfortunately no showroom is willing to show vehicle in godowns

Thank you Furious_Driver and allhyundaicars.

Your advice of avoiding diesel because of low usage is mainly because of cost Vs usage or are there other considerations? Might sound a basic / stupid question but just wanted to get more insights into your thought process.
Indeed based on the break even and other costs. Trust me, even with low mileage and high petrol cost, going for diesel car for measly 9k/year running means, you are paying more in EMI along with fuel+maintenance! And modern petrol engines fare better in FE department too.

Where diesel scores in mileage, petrol scores in less initial cost, less maintenance and less EMI.

Unless your running is anything north of 15k/yr, it makes no sense to get diesel, unless you are a diesel fanboi!

I have booked Creta AT in Bangalore well know showroom and I am getting it in 1st batch only[:D] Believe me guys the prices going around are just rumours, the OTR Bangalore prices are around 15L only. Unfortunately no showroom is willing to show vehicle in godowns
Thanks vasu-v60 for the assuring words [:)], can you please help me know if the OTR mentioned by you has been confirmed by the dealer or any legible source?

If it's really going be to at 15L OTR for Bangalore, then my booking for sure remains intact. [clap]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Here comes a bummer, Creta to be priced above Duster.

With this I am happily saying Bye Bye Creta. I am yet again disappointed.
Here is another speculation ( ex- Delhi), no one can really know what surprise will Hyundai bring on 21st.
Buddies, its a matter of 5 days only. Lets keep fingers crossed. Of the speculative pricing, I do see one thing though, i.e the price range told to me by my dealer is turning out to be really close. Still I await official confirmation. Lets not denounce a product based on speculations.

Regards

Akash

If prices shared by ACI is true, I am sure cancellations will be at the same pace as bookings. Anything beyond 15L OTR price, CRETA will be disaster. But Hyundai is usually good at launch prices. Let us wait for the mystery to be unfolded on 21st.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Here is another speculation ( ex- Delhi), Autocar India
If prices shared by ACI is true, I am sure cancellations will be at the same pace as bookings.
Here comes a bummer, Creta to be priced above Duster.

With this I am happily saying Bye Bye Creta. I am yet again disappointed.

Link - Best Car News and Reviews | Upcoming Car and Bikes in India | Autocar India
NOTE: Please Refrain From Comparative Tables of Autocar India. They are constantly editing the same.

Here is the proof.

Requesting all to wait till official confirmation till the 21st of July.​

Regards

Akash

As reported yesterday, prices in Pune will indeed be 16 lac - 17 lac range for top end SX(O) , SX+ AT will also be in the same range, 20k-30k less than SX(O)

This is WOM (Waste of Money) pricing , not VFM pricing! For that price, anyone in his right mind will settle for the far more capable XUV, with 7 seats, 140BHP, 2.2 Litre MHawk and great road presence.

Top Bottom