Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i went today to himgiri hyundai along with my dad in hope to see the creta but they will only get the car on 21st. got our i10 valued and dad checked out the xcent and got good deals. will report in monthly discounts thread.

Kudos to your pictures TraderJunkie[clap], the pics shows the car has good road presence IMHO. The rear license plate provision is place too loo, IMO it spoils the rear look to some extent, should have place a little higher. The interior quality is also decent. Folks at Hyundai Motor India has always designed the interior(including the shade) pretty well suiting the Indian taste.
As per my sources i have been able to collect some data:-
1. Boot space is limited to 393 liters.
2. Ground Clearance is less than 170mm.
3. Only the top variant gets machined alloys. Nissan offers machined alloys from middle variant in Terrano.
This figures why Hyundai has chosen not to reveal boot capacity and ground clearance. 393 litres is small for a 5 seat compact SUV. As someone said, even smaller than Xcent, Amaze. Heck, How about Verna with the same engine options ? I do not see the value propositioning of this car. If it had a big macho look (like its elder brother the SantaFe), perhaps so. But with a "regular GC", less than regular boot space, 5 (tight fit) adult occupancy, what are we really talking about here ? a diesel AT which is priced to stratospheric levels ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
This figures why Hyundai has chosen not to reveal boot capacity and ground clearance. 393 litres is small for a 5 seat compact SUV. As someone said, even smaller than Xcent, Amaze. Heck, How about Verna with the same engine options ? I do not see the value propositioning of this car. If it had a big macho look (like its elder brother the SantaFe), perhaps so. But with a "regular GC", less than regular boot space, 5 (tight fit) adult occupancy, what are we really talking about here ? a diesel AT which is priced to stratospheric levels ?
now your reply got me thinking. you do have a valid point , i don't see this car's USP.

not that macho looks compared to the duster. most of the features already available in verna and elite i20.
i hope hyundai don't become greedy and charge a premium for what it offers.

but then again duster is over priced and it's selling , what will you think as a manufacturer if you provide a product with more features and amazing looks ?
duster only has the looks plus the suspension and nothing else. ( don't know about the outer body quality but interior sucks)

anyways , the difference between creta and verna shouldn't be high imo.

All - I need some advice on which variant to buy. Below is my dilemma -

My running is about 8 - 9k per month mostly city and some outstation highway trips. Ideally, I would have bought the SX(O) Petrol auto. Both SX(O) and auto not available in petrol (don't know if they will come and when), I will have consider diesel.

In diesel, between the auto transmission of SX+ and safety features of SX(O), I would prefer the safety features (don't care much about leather, push button etc.).

Given my running, does it make sense to plonk the money on SX(O) diesel? I intend the keep the car for atleast 5 years or so.

All - I need some advice on which variant to buy. Below is my dilemma -

My running is about 8 - 9k per month mostly city and some outstation highway trips. Ideally, I would have bought the SX(O) Petrol auto. Both SX(O) and auto not available in petrol (don't know if they will come and when), I will have consider diesel.

In diesel, between the auto transmission of SX+ and safety features of SX(O), I would prefer the safety features (don't care much about leather, push button etc.).

Given my running, does it make sense to plonk the money on SX(O) diesel? I intend the keep the car for atleast 5 years or so.
8-9,000 kms a month? Is that a typo or true! I will go mad if you want to cover that running with a petrol vehicle!!!

Anyways, keeping your 9k average running, and safety mind, you have no choice other than SX(O).!!!

Hey thanks for the info. That was really helpful. I was wondering if I go for SX+, can I opt for the 17inch including tyres of SX(O) from the dealer itself paying whatever the cost difference there is. Do dealers or even Hyundai allow this without ruining the warranty and stuff?
You are welcome buddy,
In case of exchanging your stock rims with one available in the SX(O), along with the tyres will be a costly affair.
Firstly, you will have to pay the entire amount of the new rims which you want to buy, based on my experiences with the dealers, IIRC dealers dont really exchange the rims directly. They will keep your rims with them, and will wait till they find a customer who wants to buy it. Once the rims are sold, they will refund your difference amount collecting their premium.

Secondly, the rims which you want to get fitted to your vehicle might not be readily available as the vehicle is in demand, IMHO. You will have to wait for the rims to be available as an accessory, or you will have to order them specially from spare parts department in the workshop.

Thirdly, most of the dealers do not deal in tyres, you will have to source the tyres by yourself. As far as the warranty is concerned, any accessory or parts fitted at Hyundai authorized service center is liable for warranty. If you are changing the tyres to stock size for R17 alloys, the warranty will continue, but going for an upsize for the same, i.e. the width of the tyre , warranty can be hampered.

Moreover, if your Hyundai dealer has readily agreed to exchange your old alloy wheels, with the one you want along with the tyres, look no further. You an be rest assured for the warranty point of view.

I hope this info is helpful to you.

Regards
Car's Paradise

Last edited:
now your reply got me thinking. you do have a valid point , i don't see this car's USP.

not that macho looks compared to the duster. most of the features already available in verna and elite i20.
i hope hyundai don't become greedy and charge a premium for what it offers.

but then again duster is over priced and it's selling , what will you think as a manufacturer if you provide a product with more features and amazing looks ?
duster only has the looks plus the suspension and nothing else. ( don't know about the outer body quality but interior sucks)

anyways , the difference between creta and verna shouldn't be high imo.
Duster is also overpriced but at least it has good engines, large boot space, excellent ride quality and decent soft road capabilities. Interiors are not bad. You get leather, av nav system, cruise control , what else do you want? electric folding orvm? that's a useless and expensive feature if it fails. Climate control? Useful perhaps but it does have a regular AC. The only thing it must have is 6 airbags, but that is a rare offering in most cars as of current anyways.

Sorry guys, a typo - 8-9K a year.
In that case, Petrol it is. And SX+ with 2 airbags is only option from Creta. But if you can shell out good money, why not Ecosport Top-end with 6 airbags? If sedan, why not Verna top-end with 6 airbags? If compact sedan, why not Ford Aspire top end with 6 airbags? You have a lot of options to choose from, if you are safety oriented. But in poser-SUV, you don't have many choices left except Ecosport.

In that case, Petrol it is. And SX+ with 2 airbags is only option from Creta. But if you can shell out good money, why not Ecosport Top-end with 6 airbags? If sedan, why not Verna top-end with 6 airbags? If compact sedan, why not Ford Aspire top end with 6 airbags? You have a lot of options to choose from, if you are safety oriented. But in poser-SUV, you don't have many choices left except Ecosport.
Thank you Furious_Driver and allhyundaicars.

Your advice of avoiding diesel because of low usage is mainly because of cost Vs usage or are there other considerations? Might sound a basic / stupid question but just wanted to get more insights into your thought process.

Hello Everybody,

I received a mail from SA with 2 attachements today morning, one being the features list across variants (it's the same that i had posted in one of the earlier thread), while the second one was the pricing list acrross variants (attached below the same)

I'm shocked, frustrated and irritated [anger]with Hyundai, may be they are thinking to have made a product that can be priced as per their whimps and fancies, not sure whom are they trying to compete with?. I did call back the SA and tried to check if these prices have been officially confirmed by Hyundai, response was "these have been communicated to us as the OTR prices for Bangalore across variants" [anger].

My second question was, would the prices differ at the time of launch?, reply was "not sure at the moment, as we still do not have the exact ex-showroom prices, but it might not differ much". If this is the case, i'm contemplating to the core whether to continue with my booking.

I started looking out for a mini-SUV with AT variant within a 12-13 lac budget and the only choice i ended up zeroing was EcoSport AT, but when Creta news was out, i cancelled the EcoSport booking and went ahead booking Creta (even if i had to stretch my budget by another lac or lac and a half, i was ok if i'm getting a better choice).

But if these prices end-up being for Bangalore, Hyundai would just end up having a "looser product in hand" and not "a wining product in hand", even after realizing higher road taxes Hyundai should get sensible to price this product in a city like Bangalore!!!!

Attachments

Hello Everybody,

I received a mail from SA with 2 attachements today morning, one being the features list across variants (it's the same that i had posted in one of the earlier thread), while the second one was the pricing list acrross variants (attached below the same)

I'm shocked, frustrated and irritated [anger]with Hyundai, may be they are thinking to have made a product that can be priced as per their whimps and fancies, not sure whom are they trying to compete with?. I did call back the SA and tried to check if these prices have been officially confirmed by Hyundai, response was "these have been communicated to us as the OTR prices for Bangalore across variants" [anger].

My second question was, would the prices differ at the time of launch?, reply was "not sure at the moment, as we still do not have the exact ex-showroom prices, but it might not differ much". If this is the case, i'm contemplating to the core whether to continue with my booking.

I started looking out for a mini-SUV with AT variant within a 12-13 lac budget and the only choice i ended up zeroing was EcoSport AT, but when Creta news was out, i cancelled the EcoSport booking and went ahead booking Creta (even if i had to stretch my budget by another lac or lac and a half, i was ok if i'm getting a better choice).

But if these prices end-up being for Bangalore, Hyundai would just end up having a "looser product in hand" and not "a wining product in hand", even after realizing higher road taxes Hyundai should get sensible to price this product in a city like Bangalore!!!!

Thanks for sharing this invincible. I hope these are not the final prices [angry]

The price difference between 1.6 Petrol SX and 1.6 Petrol SX+ seems to be huge. For 2 lacs more all you get is rear camera, chrome handles, larger AVN and push button / start stop. It just does not make sense.

The price difference between 1.6 SX Petrol & Diesel is staggering 2.5 lacs with same level of kit.

There is something not right with this ....either Hyundai has lost it or these are completely incorrect prices.

That's a disastrous pricing, 17 lakh for a 5 seater SUV, I would rather buy XUV500 or Innova. I am sure many will cancel the bookings after this price is announced. Though many will buy it just because it has Features, Features, Features. Though considering the rivals, the 1.4 is decently priced. I think Hyundai might be looking to fill the gap between Verna & Elantra with Creta.

Let us hope that Hyundai won't spoil the party.

Top Bottom