Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

hi friends, I was a silent watcher of the reviews on creta in almost all forums. and here are my views on creta. have to test drive a creta yet and my review is based on my friends opinion who has got a chance to test drive creta and is a proud owner of a diesel ecosport.as per him, despite the looks and feel of the interior, the vehicle isn't worth the premium and in no way justifiable.t he ride and handling though better than other hyndais ,is no way near ecosport whose steering feed back is much better. regarding the build quality ,ford ecosport is much solidly built than creta. the diesel engine surely fetter more powerful due to 16v dohc and additional horses, but compared to the asking premium, its not justifiable. personally, I do have the same opinion and felt the price to be much higher. top end diesel is around 3-4 lac pricier than ecosport.is it worth to pay such a huge amount for some[just some]additional power and better looking interiors and fewer more options than an ecosport.also, as per him, the space on offer is also not to big compared to ecosport. the initial euphoria dies soon and after some time the price point will be much highlighted than the looks of the car.and many bookings of creta got cancelled after the price announced as many feels its not worth the premium. u can definitely go for an xuv or aria or storme with a slightly strected budget but gives more car for what you pay.or even a vw vento diesel which has more grunt.service wise, hyndai has a lot to catch up and is on the expensive side whereas, fords service cost has come down markedly.

Add to that Space, Comfortable Seats, Better In Gear Acceleration & Terrific Power delivery. Vento is any day better than Creta.
City diesel VX(O) gives you all of those + sunroof and more for 13+ OTR, but ofcourse will miss the SUV look and feel. Thank you creta for making me reconsider the good old gentleman on street - The city. :)

City diesel VX(O) gives you all of those + sunroof and more for 13+ OTR, but ofcourse will miss the SUV look and feel. Thank you creta for making me reconsider the good old gentleman on street - The city. :)
Obviously the City is the best Sedan at the moment, but I was comparing Vento & Creta.

Although creta seems to be insanely priced in comparison to ecosport but actually its not esp 1.6sx variant . Here are my observations 1. Ecosport 1.5 tit (D) costs 9,60,000 ex showroom Delhi (the model comparable to creta 1.6sx) 2. Just add 40k for projector,s with LED,s and cornering light. 3. Add another 5k for rear ac vent. 4. Add 10k for touchscreen media system with 2 additional tweeters. 5. Add 25k for bigger and powerful engine. 6. Add 135k for change in tax bracket. 7. finally on adding all the figures its 11,75,000 which is actually 15,000 more than creta 1.6sx ex showroom price which is only 11,60,000 8. So actually you get a discount rather than premium

Although creta seems to be insanely priced in comparison to ecosport but actually its not esp 1.6sx variant . Here are my observations 1. Ecosport 1.5 tit (D) costs 9,60,000 ex showroom Delhi (the model comparable to creta 1.6sx) 2. Just add 40k for projector,s with LED,s and cornering light. 3. Add another 5k for rear ac vent. 4. Add 10k for touchscreen media system with 2 additional tweeters. 5. Add 25k for bigger and powerful engine. 6. Add 135k for change in tax bracket. 7. finally on adding all the figures its 11,75,000 which is actually 15,000 more than creta 1.6sx ex showroom price which is only 11,60,000 8. So actually you get a discount rather than premium
135k for tax premium? what is the percentage for both the brackets? 135k sounds too much!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Mate just compare the titanium petrol model(8.7) with creta base(8.6) model and you will get the answer to your question.
Ecosport wins here in features list but loses on space. But i'd prefer ecosport to creta anytime.

Attachments

Last edited:
NDTV's Siddharth reviews the 1.6 AT, disappointing is the word!

This whole enterprise is let down though by the lack of a precise steering. The steering wheel itself lacks feedback and is extremely loose with way too much play for a car of this size. This was a problem that afflicted many Hyundais in the past, but since the current Santa Fe and of course more so the new i20 came along I had thought it was a problem that had been relegated to the past too. Apparently not. And this is a huge disappointment as it really takes away from the car's driving character.

And then comes the other big disappointment. The 1.6-litre engine itself is reasonably peppy and powerful - as I had experienced on the manual as well. But the automatic gearbox just lets it down - and how. The 6 speed gearbox has not been mated well to the engine in that it lacks response and punch. The turbo takes forever to kick in and its only past 3000 rpm that you start to truly enjoy it's character and power. Peak torque is available only in the 1900-2750 rpm band - and realising that on the automatic is vastly different from the manual.
The box does have a tiptronic feature but even in the manual mode downshifting is restrictive, and the mapping doesn't allow you to hit the redline. That makes instant acceleration a problem, and so you'd need a lot of getting used to and planning, when it comes to things like overtaking and quick lane changes. On the manual its a whole lot better, which is what makes the auto version a bigger let down. Having said that - the auto will still work just fine in daily city traffic (expect quick overtaking!).
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Automatic Review - Reviews

Tax advantage is about 15% so for 9,00,000 it will be around 1,35,000 Secondly as i,ve already stated that only sx1.6 of creta is value for money so you are correct in comparison of petrol and as a matter of choosing a vehicle over the other is always a matter of personal choice and preference. like for me tata zest is best offering in sub 4 meter sedan but it is last in the sale graph Thanks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
NDTV's Siddharth reviews the 1.6 AT, disappointing is the word!

This whole enterprise is let down though by the lack of a precise steering. The steering wheel itself lacks feedback and is extremely loose with way too much play for a car of this size. This was a problem that afflicted many Hyundais in the past, but since the current Santa Fe and of course more so the new i20 came along I had thought it was a problem that had been relegated to the past too. Apparently not. And this is a huge disappointment as it really takes away from the car's driving character.
Well, The views on the steering input and performance of Creta are slightly over the top. Be it AT or the MT, the steering has been truly worked upon. It is not like the earlier gen of Hyundai cars where owners rightly felt afraid of going beyond 80-90 km/h with the steering. This car does not disappoint on steering front. At least to people like me who drive generally between 60-90 km/h in City or Highways.

As of the performance of the AT, as said by the reviewer, AT can work fine in City traffic which means AT does its job when driven between 60-90 km/h. However, the performance of AT goes down if accelerated beyond 90 or 100 km/h. So, as per ethical speed limit, Creta does perform well and is a well rounded product for City and Highway drives. Also, the stretch on which the AT was tested and even taken off-road, those type of drives are not done on regular/daily basis. So, depending on the type of driving and the road conditions, the car's performance will be different.

If one tries to stretch a car beyond a limit, then not just Creta but any car would show signs of sluggishness. It is to be remembered that no car is 100% perfect. And may be many of the reviewers might have taken the tag-line "The Perfect SUV" way too seriously. When a car is designed for a particular segment with a specific price bracket then it is kept in mind that it should be VFM for buyers and to the company too. In Case of Creta, the top end seems certainly not VFM for buyers. However, its performance cannot be simply just denounced in line with high price. Drive it at 80 or 90 km/h and it shall give you decent performance. Also, I would like to understand, as to which AT cars other than Creta, has the above reviewer compared in terms of performance? Had I driven AT Creta, I would have compared its transmission performance to a Scorpio AT's transmission which also happens to be 6 speed one on basis of couple of typical characteristics of the transmission only i.e

* Slotting

* Time taken for upshift and downshift.

All in all, when a company rolls out a sedan/hatchback/CUV then primarily its for on-road driving and not the off-road driving. Performance of whole car will differ in on-road and off-road driving. As an individual, apart from top model pricing and some small cost cutting, performance wise, Creta is not a bad product.

Regards

Akash

Well, The views on the steering input and performance of Creta are slightly over the top. Be it AT or the MT, the steering has been truly worked upon. It is not like the earlier gen of Hyundai cars where owners rightly felt afraid of going beyond 80-90 km/h with the steering. This car does not disappoint on steering front. At least to people like me who drive generally between 60-90 km/h in City or Highways.

As of the performance of the AT, as said by the reviewer, AT can work fine in City traffic which means AT does its job when driven between 60-90 km/h. However, the performance of AT goes down if accelerated beyond 90 or 100 km/h. So, as per ethical speed limit, Creta does perform well and is a well rounded product for City and Highway drives. Also, the stretch on which the AT was tested and even taken off-road, those type of drives are not done on regular/daily basis. So, depending on the type of driving and the road conditions, the car's performance will be different.

If one tries to stretch a car beyond a limit, then not just Creta but any car would show signs of sluggishness. It is to be remembered that no car is 100% perfect. And may be many of the reviewers might have taken the tag-line "The Perfect SUV" way too seriously. When a car is designed for a particular segment with a specific price bracket then it is kept in mind that it should be VFM for buyers and to the company too. In Case of Creta, the top end seems certainly not VFM for buyers. However, its performance cannot be simply just denounced in line with high price. Drive it at 80 or 90 km/h and it shall give you decent performance. Also, I would like to understand, as to which AT cars other than Creta, has the above reviewer compared in terms of performance? Had I driven AT Creta, I would have compared its transmission performance to a Scorpio AT's transmission which also happens to be 6 speed one on basis of couple of typical characteristics of the transmission only i.e

* Slotting

* Time taken for upshift and downshift.

All in all, when a company rolls out a sedan/hatchback/CUV then primarily its for on-road driving and not the off-road driving. Performance of whole car will differ in on-road and off-road driving. As an individual, apart from top model pricing and some small cost cutting, performance wise, Creta is not a bad product.

Regards

Akash
I will agree with Akash. There are some good parts in the review too especially handling part in bad roads. I think reading the complete review could give an good perspective of the whole car.

Thanks for everyone who gave their inputs to my questions (dilema) in my earlier post. It looks like Vento TSI AT at the moment ...

Top Bottom