Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

So according to you mini SUVs are for the users who have potholded roads?
Nope. That is the general use case for an SUV. Doesn't mean everyone buy for same reason.

We will use car for going other cities rather than driving it locally. The only thing I didn't like about City is small 175mm 15" tires. How much mileage petrol gives in reality?
Tyres you can change. All I am saying is, instead of going to base version of different segment, why not top end of Sedan(I know VX isn't top end)! And in your case, it is the driver who is going to tackle the roads and because of this, you must make sure rear seat comfort must be top priority! And City is indeed an able highway performer. So I suggested City. If you can extend budget, try to get Creta SX+ Petrol. Else, City VX!

BTW City can give 10-11 in city and 14-16 in highways. This is what my friend gets in his petrol city.

Why not Linea T-Jet ? Excellent backseat comfort (provided your folks arent over 6 ft ), excellent ride quality, higher ground clearance (190mm), fatter tyres, great highway performance courtesy the T-Jet engine and city/highway mileage of 12/15 kmpl. Thats my personal experience with the car.
And next to nothing in terms of maintenance costs. Very underrated by the market unfortunately.

Why not Linea T-Jet ? Excellent backseat comfort (provided your folks arent over 6 ft ), excellent ride quality, higher ground clearance (190mm), fatter tyres, great highway performance courtesy the T-Jet engine and city/highway mileage of 12/15 kmpl. Thats my personal experience with the car.
And next to nothing in terms of maintenance costs. Very underrated by the market unfortunately.
Indeed. Linea is an excellent option, but I haven't read many good stories about their A.S.S. But if it is good, then Linea T-jet is one nice to drive car. But rear seat comfort is not better than City. Moreover, since he has a driver, what's the use of getting driver's car! And finally, i-VTEC isn't a slouch either compared to T-jet. Japanese reliability is much better than FIATs hanging in the wall A.S.S! Just my view.

Indeed. Linea is an excellent option, but I haven't read many good stories about their A.S.S. But if it is good, then Linea T-jet is one nice to drive car. But rear seat comfort is not better than City. Moreover, since he has a driver, what's the use of getting driver's car! And finally, i-VTEC isn't a slouch either compared to T-jet. Japanese reliability is much better than FIATs hanging in the wall A.S.S! Just my view.
I guess we are going off topic here though the City-Linea is an interesting topic:). I was interested in the Creta till I heard the prices. I'm looking for a good sedan now. Any other owners of the T-Jet, who can share their experience on A.S.S and overall maintenance vs City?

Why not Linea T-Jet ? Excellent backseat comfort (provided your folks arent over 6 ft ), excellent ride quality, higher ground clearance (190mm), fatter tyres, great highway performance courtesy the T-Jet engine
Oh! !! you forgot to mention about the built quality.
Person who has got a SUV itch inside and not able to purchase or not happy to buy one in that budget, Linea is best choice.
Also Linea ELEGANTE(Limited edition face lift with touchscreen medianav infotainment) is scheduled to arrive in first week of August.

Indeed. Linea is an excellent option, but I haven't read many good stories about their A.S.S.
But now, after setting up exclusive Fiat ASS & dealerships after breakup with TATA, Stories of 'ASS stringentlymonitored by Fiats' are really encouraging.

since he has a driver, what's the use of getting driver's car!
No body roll & excellent ride quality are enough reasons for getting a chauffer driven Linea.

Oh! !! you forgot to mention about the built quality.
Person who has got a SUV itch inside and not able to purchase or not happy to buy one in that budget, Linea is best choice.
Also Linea ELEGANTE(Limited edition face lift with touchscreen medianav infotainment) is scheduled to arrive in first week of August.

But now, after setting up exclusive Fiat ASS & dealerships after breakup with TATA, Stories of 'ASS stringentlymonitored by Fiats' are really encouraging.

No body roll & excellent ride quality are enough reasons for getting a chauffeur driven Linea.
It's not like I can't afford SX+ petrol Creta but the price difference of 3 lacs between base and SX+ doesn't worth at all. Hyundai made wise or I say stupid decision to sell Creta at the such price difference. They gave safety features like driver and front passenger airbag option only in it's SX+ (top variant). They know if someone is spending money on a min-SUV family class will more likely to spend for higher model for safety. But the price of 3 lacs more doesn't make any sense to a person who value money. I am ready to spend upto 12lacs for that model as it gets alloy wheels, LED lights, touch screen navi system and airbags. Besides If I consider base variant that looks most value for money is satisfactory in all features but safety.

I am afraid of Fiat Linea as nobody purchases it. I am sure it was get poor A.S.S. and re-selling in my region. So I will prefer Honda City SV over any other petrol sedan.

I guess we are going off topic here though the City-Linea is an interesting topic:). I was interested in the Creta till I heard the prices. I'm looking for a good sedan now. Any other owners of the T-Jet, who can share their experience on A.S.S and overall maintenance vs City?
You may want to shift this post to a separate thread, but my personal experience with the Jet is fantastic. Excellent choice for a drivers car. And let me repeat as I have done umpteen times on this forum (to the extent of being criticized sometimes) , the car is niggle-free and only requires the basic/ regular maintenance, and even that interval is 1 year/15000 km. It is Fiat's terrible marketing that is causing such a nice car not to sell. The Linea T-Jet (esp.) does everything equal or better than other cars in its class.

+1 to that Acechip the car in itself is awesome its a drivers car be it be linea or the punto both are drivers cars. one really enjoys the drive compared to other vehicles in the segment. its just that Brand FIAT was never famous in India except for FIAT 1100 or Milicentos . Rest all their models have gone down the drain.

So finally, got my car in the evening. It was a good experience and happy that I didnt have to wait long to get the car. Also, I think I made the right decision in going for the SX (O).

Few pictures that I took today. I shall take better pictures in the coming days.

Also, I am posting the "Mood Change Bar" thats been highlighted in the feature list and which is not properly explained by SA's reported by many. It's basically an ambient light that changes it's color as the temperature varies.

Have lot to things to figure out and I hope to update here on my findings.

View attachment 176162

View attachment 176163

View attachment 176164

View attachment 176165

Rivals [:)]

View attachment 176166

Congratulations naveen04in [clap] on owning the beauty. Hope you would be the first on TAI to share with us your ownership review.

Please do share the overall drivability, comfort, power and of course the feautres experience, since you already owned an EcoSport, please do compare both and share your experiences. And also couple of pages before, their was an image with full loaded Creta and the wheel arches completing brushing the tyres, please do let us know if that's reallly true, since that would scare out any owner.

Wish you many happy miles and a great ownership experience [:)].

My Hyundai Creta
How It Started:
It started way back 8 months ago when I just thought to change my 6 years used i10 for a new car.
My requirements for new car are as follows.
1) Good space for our small family (2+2)
2) Vehicle should absorb ups and downs of Indian Roads (Especially Bangalore Srajapur Road as I travel daily in this road.)
3) Good luggage space as many times we felt i10 was lacking that.
4) Looks Stylish.
5) Has good features inside atleast not less than i10 as we were Ok with those.
6) Petrol vehicle as my usage is very less. (Even after removing my 2 years in Japan where my brother used i10 very less my i10 clocked 30K for 6 years)
With above requirements in mind started selecting cars. As my second point can be managed better by SUVs and CSUVs I had discarded sedans. Many people may still say even sedans have good riding but I see that almost all sedans touch their bottoms in sarjapur road speed breakers(Especially Decathlon and Kodathi Gate Speed breakers). So after checking only options left for me was the mighty three (Ecosport, Duster and Creta(Actually it was just two as at that time I don’t know create is about to launch.)). So called Ecosport and Duster for test drives. Driven both for around half an hour each in bad roads and good roads. Surpricingly Ecosport and Duster are completely opposite. I mean only common thing in both of them is high ground clearance. Duster has space and good ride with good pick up. But ecosport has good looks and features. (I did not try eco boost engine and felt that normal engine pick up or power is too less or lag is more.) . One common point which I did not like in both is location of wiper and headlight controls opposite to Hyundai(As used to i10 and swift controls for long time).
Creta Entry:
After doing the test drives(Ecosport and Duster) I was discussing with friends, then one of my friend told me that Hyundai is going to launch new compact SUV at 2015 diwali season. As an existing Hyundai customer and felt OK with my i10 for most of the times and due to ease of driving, I thought I will wait and give a try. Then started following threads in forums about Creta(then ix25). Watched many Chinese reviews as I was able to understand little bit of Chinese felt that reviews are good. And ix25 ticked all points mentioned above. But few questions were still there at the start that whether Chinese ix25 will be same as indian version or not? Pricing was not a concern at this time as expected price of Creta in almost all online sources say less than 8lakhs. Few milestones and my expressions in my last 8 months journey.
1) Hyundai is going to launch its SUV before Diwali season.(Happy)
2) Hyundai ix25 is named as Creta for India and other markets(Shocked…Why Hyundai Why? RIP ix25 as I liked that name.)
3) Hyundai releases cars for media drive in HIML Chennai (Happy car looks exactly same as ix25.)
4) Hyundai showed White base model car in media drive(Happy as I was wondering whether this color is available in India or not)
5) Booked my Hyundai with Trident Hyundai Hosur Road Bangalore.(Happy:10K Booking amount and 3K cancellation charges. I was lucky they took 10K only as showroom guys don’t even knew that name of car is creta. Trident review coming ahead in this post.)
6) First Weeks of July: Many price lists were taking rounds with prices more than 9 lakhs for ex showroom delhi(Sad: moving out of my budget)
7) July 21 2015: Hyundai release price of base creta as 8.59 Ex Showroom Delhi(Neutral Response: as I was expecting almost near to 8lakh but it is 50K more.)
Creta Selection:
Now that Hyundai has announced Creta with prices my next move is to check the TD and check whether it actually checks all my boxes or not. Went to TD on 22nd and same day Trident Hyundai was having launch event and gave the test drive for me. It was very short test drive. Me and my friend(Nagarjun) took two rounds. As we both drive in different paces, creta was under tests in different conditions. TD result was almost OK for both of use. But Nagarjun who had driven more cars than me suggested that duster ride is still good that Creta. So still in Dilema to confirm Creta or not. Again called Duster and EcoSport(As Base is 8.3lakhs on road bangalore) for test drives. Following differences made me to opt Creta.
EcoSport Vs Creta:
1) Again smaller size did not like my mind much. It still looks like raised hatch. No respect from co passengers on road. And it is too common not a premium offering.
2) Trend of Ecosport is almost having same features as Creta Base VTVT petrol. But Creta having 1L higher price. I think 1lakh is OK for following points
a. Better Looks
b. New car
c. More punchy Engine
d. More Space
e. Premium car as informed by Hyundai.
f. Similar to i10 in driving (Wiper and Headlight controls. People might say these are too small but as I drive most of times with right had on steering and left hand on gear in Bangalore traffic. I felt that ergonomically this design is far better in city driving conditions.)
g. Good Hyundai after sales service than ford(my friends bad experiences with nearest ford dealers).
3) No offers at all after so many years and sales adviser did not show much interest in selling cars. I accept Ecosport is selling well but still there was huge difference in Hyundai sales executive and Ford Sales Executive. Even Hyundai after knowing it’s a new car and they will have their sales even if I don’t buy, sales rep was very good.
Conclusion: Removed Ecosport from list, finally thinking I don’t want a small car again after spending 10Lakhs.
Duster Vs Creta:
This was really a tough decision to take. As duster really has very good ride quality. I had taken TD of duster again. Went in Sarjapur road with heavy traffic. Points I liked most were ride quality. At some point in front of total mall traffic was more and almost all cars were stand still. Then duster sales rep told me to do off roading just beside road there are huge pot holes where one vehicle can go. I am surpriced to see that duster went very well on that patch and crossed almost 8-10 cars which were in line. Those moments will make you feel that your car decision is good for that kind of situations. Till now not driven Creta on such bad roads as TD is not allowed for longer distance. But I bet Creta cannot be so good in that patch. But apart from that again me and family did not like Duster looks as home makers dosent like to Duster much. And interiors are like way behind our i10. And at time when ride quality was good but riding duster at stand still or slow moving Bangalore traffic is very difficult due to had clutch gear and steering.
Hyundai steering was like feather touch. So only points which made me to choose Creta ober Duster are as follows.
1) New car.
2) Great stylish looks.
3) Good to be driven by all genders and ages.
4) Easy driving in city and highways.
5) We do very less offroading.
6) Good features and Interiors.
Final Confirmation:
So finally confirmed my booking for Creta Base VTVT Petrol.
Few may ask why base? My usage is low so petrol. I feel ABS is standard feature required for SUV for avoiding body roll and it is available in creta from base. I drive less than 120kmph so at all times so at least till now was able to control well so assumed its Ok with no airbags. Other features can be easily available off market and are having better options.
Till now I had seen only SX as TD vehicles in Bangalore Advaith and Trident. So informed trident sales executive that I will confirm car only after looking base model. Then she said that my car has arrived and available at stockyard as I had booked 2 months back. And she said I can go and have a look at it. Stockyard is far from my work so was just thinking whether to go or not. But somehow went to it. But truly saying if you are planning to buy vehicle you have to visit their stock yard. They have all models and all colors available there. You can do one visit and confirm even color and model. Check below pics.

My white Car as sales rep told me the chasis number also.
Liked that front black grill very much. Though felt OK without projector lights.
Steel wheels but looks decent.
OVRM without turn indicators but OK as my old i10 once that OVRM is spoiled by bad biker costed more. Back
Back without chrome looks decent.
Other Cars models colors at stockyard.
@ stockyard Trident Automobiles, Nelmangala, Bangalore

Delivery:
Waiting for some formalities to be completed from my company as going with lease scheme so expecting to take delivery on 15th August as Ashada Masam completes on 14th August. Will update you on ownership details after deliver.

ThankYou Note:

Thanks for The Automotive India - Fuel For Petrol Heads to give me this opportunity for sharing my views.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
My Hyundai Creta
How It Started:
It started way back 8 months ago when I just thought to change my 6 years used i10 for a new car.
2) Vehicle should absorb ups and downs of Indian Roads (Especially Bangalore Srajapur Road as I travel daily in this road.)
4) Looks Stylish.
6) Petrol vehicle as my usage is very less. (Even after removing my 2 years in Japan .............…
LOL!! Such a long post. Anyways congrats on getting new ride. I would have suggested you to go with SX atleast, but then it's your money and your decision.

But dude, 30K after 6 years is too less. Enjoy your creta and please do post ownership report here in TAI. Then we will be having 1 Diesel review and 1 Petrol review, I guess.

My Hyundai Creta
How It Started:
4) Looks Stylish.
6) Petrol vehicle as my usage is very less. (Even after removing my 2 years in Japan where my brother used i10 very less my i10 clocked 30K for 6 years)
With above requirements in mind started selecting cars. As my second point can be managed better by SUVs and CSUVs I had discarded sedans. Many people may still say even sedans have good riding but I see that almost all sedans touch their bottoms in sarjapur road speed breakers(Especially Decathlon and Kodathi Gate Speed breakers). So after checking only options left for me was the mighty three (Ecosport, Duster and Creta(Actually it was just two as at that time I don’t know create is about to launch.)). So called Ecosport and Duster for test drives. Driven both for around half an hour each in bad roads and good roads. Surpricingly Ecosport and Duster are completely opposite. I mean only common thing in both of them is high ground clearance. Duster has space and good ride with good pick up. But ecosport has good looks and features. (I did not try eco boost engine and felt that normal engine pick up or power is too less or lag is more.) . One common point which I did not like in both is location of wiper and headlight controls opposite to Hyundai(As used to i10 and swift controls for long time).
Creta Entry:
After doing the test drives(Ecosport and Duster) I was discussing with friends, then one of my friend told me that Hyundai is going to launch new compact SUV at 2015 diwali season. As an existing Hyundai customer and felt OK with my i10 for most of the times and due to ease of driving, I thought I will wait and give a try. Then started following threads in forums about Creta(then ix25). Watched many Chinese reviews as I was able to understand little bit of Chinese felt that reviews are good. And ix25 ticked all points mentioned above. But few questions were still there at the start that whether Chinese ix25 will be same as indian version or not? Pricing was not a concern at this time as expected price of Creta in almost all online sources say less than 8lakhs. Few milestones and my expressions in my last 8 months journey.
1) Hyundai is going to launch its SUV before Diwali season.(Happy)
2) Hyundai ix25 is named as Creta for India and other markets(Shocked…Why Hyundai Why? RIP ix25 as I liked that name.)
3) Hyundai releases cars for media drive in HIML Chennai (Happy car looks exactly same as ix25.)
4) Hyundai showed White base model car in media drive(Happy as I was wondering whether this color is available in India or not)
5) Booked my Hyundai with Trident Hyundai Hosur Road Bangalore.(Happy:10K Booking amount and 3K cancellation charges. I was lucky they took 10K only as showroom guys don’t even knew that name of car is creta. Trident review coming ahead in this post.)
6) First Weeks of July: Many price lists were taking rounds with prices more than 9 lakhs for ex showroom delhi(Sad: moving out of my budget)
7) July 21 2015: Hyundai release price of base creta as 8.59 Ex Showroom Delhi(Neutral Response: as I was expecting almost near to 8lakh but it is 50K more.)
Creta Selection:
Now that Hyundai has announced Creta with prices my next move is to check the TD and check whether it actually checks all my boxes or not. Went to TD on 22nd and same day Trident Hyundai was having launch event and gave the test drive for me. It was very short test drive. Me and my friend(Nagarjun) took two rounds. As we both drive in different paces, creta was under tests in different conditions. TD result was almost OK for both of use. But Nagarjun who had driven more cars than me suggested that duster ride is still good that Creta. So still in Dilema to confirm Creta or not. Again called Duster and EcoSport(As Base is 8.3lakhs on road bangalore) for test drives. Following differences made me to opt Creta.
EcoSport Vs Creta:
1) Again smaller size did not like my mind much. It still looks like raised hatch. No respect from co passengers on road. And it is too common not a premium offering.
2) Trend of Ecosport is almost having same features as Creta Base VTVT petrol. But Creta having 1L higher price. I think 1lakh is OK for following points
a. Better Looks
b. New car
c. More punchy Engine
d. More Space
e. Premium car as informed by Hyundai.
f. Similar to i10 in driving (Wiper and Headlight controls. People might say these are too small but as I drive most of times with right had on steering and left hand on gear in Bangalore traffic. I felt that ergonomically this design is far better in city driving conditions.)
g. Good Hyundai after sales service than ford(my friends bad experiences with nearest ford dealers).
3) No offers at all after so many years and sales adviser did not show much interest in selling cars. I accept Ecosport is selling well but still there was huge difference in Hyundai sales executive and Ford Sales Executive. Even Hyundai after knowing it’s a new car and they will have their sales even if I don’t buy, sales rep was very good.
Conclusion: Removed Ecosport from list, finally thinking I don’t want a small car again after spending 10Lakhs.
Duster Vs Creta:
This was really a tough decision to take. As duster really has very good ride quality. I had taken TD of duster again. Went in Sarjapur road with heavy traffic. Points I liked most were ride quality. At some point in front of total mall traffic was more and almost all cars were stand still. Then duster sales rep told me to do off roading just beside road there are huge pot holes where one vehicle can go. I am surpriced to see that duster went very well on that patch and crossed almost 8-10 cars which were in line. Those moments will make you feel that your car decision is good for that kind of situations. Till now not driven Creta on such bad roads as TD is not allowed for longer distance. But I bet Creta cannot be so good in that patch. But apart from that again me and family did not like Duster looks as home makers dosent like to Duster much. And interiors are like way behind our i10. And at time when ride quality was good but riding duster at stand still or slow moving Bangalore traffic is very difficult due to had clutch gear and steering.
Hyundai steering was like feather touch. So only points which made me to choose Creta ober Duster are as follows.
1) New car.
2) Great stylish looks.
3) Good to be driven by all genders and ages.
4) Easy driving in city and highways.
5) We do very less offroading.
6) Good features and Interiors.
Final Confirmation:
So finally confirmed my booking for Creta Base VTVT Petrol.
Few may ask why base? My usage is low so petrol. I feel ABS is standard feature required for SUV for avoiding body roll and it is available in creta from base. I drive less than 120kmph so at all times so at least till now was able to control well so assumed its Ok with no airbags. Other features can be easily available off market and are having better options.
Till now I had seen only SX as TD vehicles in Bangalore Advaith and Trident. So informed trident sales executive that I will confirm car only after looking base model. Then she said that my car has arrived and available at stockyard as I had booked 2 months back. And she said I can go and have a look at it. Stockyard is far from my work so was just thinking whether to go or not. But somehow went to it. But truly saying if you are planning to buy vehicle you have to visit their stock yard. They have all models and all colors available there. You can do one visit and confirm even color and model. Check below pics.

My white Car as sales rep told me the chasis number also.
Liked that front black grill very much. Though felt OK without projector lights.
Steel wheels but looks decent.
OVRM without turn indicators but OK as my old i10 once that OVRM is spoiled by bad biker costed more. Back
Back without chrome looks decent.
Other Cars models colors at stockyard.
@ stockyard Trident Automobiles, Nelmangala, Bangalore

Delivery:
Waiting for some formalities to be completed from my company as going with lease scheme so expecting to take delivery on 15th August as Ashada Masam completes on 14th August. Will update you on ownership details after deliver.

ThankYou Note:
Thanks for The Automotive India - Fuel For Petrol Heads to give me this opportunity for sharing my views.I was following Creta from many days on Team BHP and theAutomotiveIndia forums. I tried to register in team BHP and share my opinions and information. But I don’t know team BHP has some mechanism which always rejects my membership. I feel lot of existing BHPians are way beyond me but still they are given membership only based on 1200 words written at registration form which is wrong. Sorry team BHP you missed me…
Congratulations chappididheeaj [clap], and really it was a wonderful narration in simple and crisp language. But even i do echo furious driver that you might have considered SX variant, but if your heart and mind have convinced you on your buy, everything else is secondary [:)].

Please do share your experience and happy motoring.

LOL!! Such a long post. Anyways congrats on getting new ride. I would have suggested you to go with SX atleast, but then it's your money and your decision.

But dude, 30K after 6 years is too less. Enjoy your creta and please do post ownership report here in TAI. Then we will be having 1 Diesel review and 1 Petrol review, I guess.
Hai furious_driver,

Thanks you. Petrol has Base, S and SX+ only. Base and S there is no difference at all but still S costing 1 lakh more. SX+ is good option but it is 14,11,497 on road bangalore. Only major feature missing will be airbags. Still thought more but finally could not able to afford.
its actually 30K in 4 years as i was in japan for 2 years. Yes still it is less as my office was 2km from my home in koramangala at that time.

Hai furious_driver,

Thanks you. Petrol has Base, S and SX+ only. Base and S there is no difference at all but still S costing 1 lakh more. SX+ is good option but it is 14,11,497 on road bangalore. Only major feature missing will be airbags. Still thought more but finally could not able to afford.
its actually 30K in 4 years as i was in japan for 2 years. Yes still it is less as my office was 2km from my home in koramangala at that time.
As I said, your money, your decision. I agree Base and S doesn't have many differences, but SX+ looks decent, but both S & SX+ priced at least 1L more than it should be. But atleast, it does have Petrol engine with 3 variants.

But in the end, with your low usage, it makes sense to go for Base!

Hai furious_driver,

Hi @chappididheeaj, congratulations for purchasing the Creta.
I would like to point out that 2015 Duster does not have a heavy steering at low speeds. Repeat, does not have heavy steering. Nor does it have a heavy clutch anymore. Perhaps you may have test driven the 2014 model. I own a 2015 Duster and can safely state so. If that was the reason for not choosing the Duster from a drivers perspective, then perhaps you could have reconfirmed. Duster can very much be driven by all genders in city and highway conditions, more so the 2015 models.

Also, ABS does not have much to do with body roll. It only allows safe avoidance of obstacle by ensuring brakes dont lock up. For curtailing body roll and yaw (movement around the vertical axis) , you need ESP.

Top Bottom