Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Ya man, Mustang Ecoboost has been spotted at ARAI for the purpose of testing and it is a RHD version. Start saving from now itself and if you buy anything else then I will sue you.
Can pay 1% as down payment, and rest will take loan! BTW What's the mileage? My Xcent gives 14 in city, so I expect the same or a little less, like 11-12 in city and 16-18 in highways....

Saw three new Creta on roads and all of them in white shade.Looks smaller compared to duster or terrano and does not quite catches the road presence as these vehicles does.More of an overgrown hatchback on steroids[evil].

Saw three new Creta on roads and all of them in white shade.Looks smaller compared to duster or terrano and does not quite catches the road presence as these vehicles does.More of an overgrown hatchback on steroids[evil].
Eggxactly
It looks more of a mutated hatch than a compact SUV.
Dunno why but every time I saw a Creta from back, it felt like something is missing or is it only me?

So finally, got my car in the evening. It was a good experience and happy that I didnt have to wait long to get the car. Also, I think I made the right decision in going for the SX (O).

Few pictures that I took today. I shall take better pictures in the coming days.

Also, I am posting the "Mood Change Bar" thats been highlighted in the feature list and which is not properly explained by SA's reported by many. It's basically an ambient light that changes it's color as the temperature varies.

Have lot to things to figure out and I hope to update here on my findings.

View attachment 176162

View attachment 176163

View attachment 176164

View attachment 176165

Rivals [:)]

View attachment 176166
Hey congrats Naveen for buying Creta.BTW,did you sell your Ecosport or still there with you?Your Ecosport thread is one of the best thread I have ever seen.

BTW,my father has decided not to buy Creta because of its price though he liked the car very much.

Eggxactly
It looks more of a mutated hatch than a compact SUV.
Dunno why but every time I saw a Creta from back, it felt like something is missing or is it only me?
I surely agree on this as well and it misses out on something that it feels lack of that style.Does not appeal as a compact SUV segment in which this car is launched with the pricing.

Hey congrats Naveen for buying Creta.BTW,did you sell your Ecosport or still there with you?Your Ecosport thread is one of the best thread I have ever seen.

BTW,my father has decided not to buy Creta because of its price though he liked the car very much.
Thanks dude. Yes, I sold the ecosport. My Creta ownership is coming up. Should be up soon.

I am afraid of Fiat Linea as nobody purchases it. I am sure it was get poor A.S.S. and re-selling in my region. So I will prefer Honda City SV over any other petrol sedan.
Still, T jet with 190 mm GC can satisfy the SUV itch at that price & not the Honda city.

Words. 'cross shopping ' are justified only if a person is searching for a SUV goes for a sedan or hatch with some SUV character with all the best possible sedan characters retained in it.

Switching over to City from Creta, sounds like, searching the car in wrong segment & finding the car in another wrong segment.
I mean one can infer that the buyer neither had a SUV itch for looks nor had a need of good GC & will to spend more for SUV.

I read (in some other forum) some dealer mentioned that waiting period is 6 months. could it be real or he is creating some artificial demand here?.. lets look at some numbers. duster and terrano put together monthly sales of 3k units. (i wont consider ecosport since its cheaper). lets assume market also expands due the creta launch. and lets also assume it will attract some buyers from verna/city/vento/ciaz/ecosport etc. ( i dont think this will be a very big no considering india is a very price sensitive market and creta is positioned between c2 and d1 segment sedans). but we also have this s cross launch which will nullify a few things. ( i have read a lot of posts where people canceled creta for s cross). with this being the case, where is the volume for creta and hence the long waiting period? can someone throw some light?

As far as I know, only the Diesel Automatic is having waiting period, rest of the other variants are available within 1-2 months depending on color & model. Try consulting all dealers & ask them specifically the variants having higher waiting period.

What the Creta has managed to do, is to create the buzz. Over 6000 units were shipped in July, contrasting to 1000+600 odd for Duster/Terrano. Of course, that 6000 figure will come down quite a bit in the coming months, but maybe Renault is also concentrating on Kwid launch in Aug/September. And then a facelift of the Duster towards Oct ?
Interesting also, is that "cross shopping" seems to have affected the C segment sedans a bit. Ciaz down to 2k units, and even the City down to around 5K.
Interesting that perhaps some people see the Creta as an alternative to the sedans, as opposed to being the "perfect SUV". Not exactly the kind of sentiment Hyundai would be hoping for.

Ofcourse, sedans are going get affected as only drawback of the sedans is GC, which is taken care of in case of these mini SUV s. Handling does hamper due to increase in height of the vehicle on highways only at high speeds, but such high speeds are rarely done & common car buyers do not go on highways daily.
With hints from government that Acche dinare still far away, possibility of getting most of the roads suitable for GC of sedans is still remote so pseudo /mini /compact SUVS are gonna rock.

Nice show by creta in terms of sale. For me it is right as hyundai has given everything a common buyer wants at a very slight premium and for the petrol-heads and enthusiast the sale graph of punto , linea and polo etc tells the real story. Anyone would prefer collections of Dabangg over critic,s appreciation of gangs of vasepur as producer . Don,t underestimate the power of aam junta.

Finally I have cancelled creta booking today and booked a Honda city instead. Now the next wait starts :). Felt much relaxed now

You meant S+ or SX+? Sx+ was about 14.78 OTR in Kerala, and I guess it will be more than that in Bangalore.
I think you are referring to Diesel. I was referring to Petrol.
Please find price list for bangalore.

Attachments

Top Bottom