Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

My Buddies,

Here is the Official Pocket Guide of Upcoming Hyundai Creta Exclusively for The Automotive India.

* Expected Pricing On-Road would be 9 to 14 Lacs

View attachment 175033

View attachment 175034

View attachment 175035

View attachment 175036

View attachment 175037

View attachment 175038

View attachment 175039

View attachment 175040

View attachment 175041

View attachment 175042

View attachment 175043

View attachment 175044

View attachment 175045

All pics are only For TAI. Any re-use needs full credit to TAI.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash for the wonderful information however there seems to be some mistakes in the brochure. For example : Max. Power & Displacement is same for both 1.4L &1.6L. I also can't see S+ variant available in Trim Options however it is mentioned in Comfort & Convenience.

Nevertheless this information helped me a lot in confirming my booking today by paying 50k [clap]

Few info. which I got from the Sales Executive :

1. Cars are available in the yards. This particular dealer is having 35 cars available. He was not sure of the various trims availability.

2. Pricing will be in the tune of 50k more than the Verna prices variant wise.

3. They already have 50+ bookings for this beauty and my vehicle will delivered tentatively by October ( again depend on engine type , transmission type , colours etc . )

Regards,
Aks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks for sharing Akash.
Did you get this info from your dealer? Is it a reliable source? 14 OTR is a much better figure than 17!
Ya it is a expected figure from dealer's end. Also, 17 Lac appears too high considering the fact that in the official pocket guide, the specs of Creta are compared to Duster and Eco-Sport. Lets wait for the official announcement buddy.

Regards

Akash

so much confusion in varients .latest brouchers showing 1.6 L diesel s only available for SX+ and 1.4 L diesel is available in s,sx+ and SX(0).entirely contradicting earlier variant info leaked.?????[surprise]

so much confusion in varients .latest brouchers showing 1.6 L diesel s only available for SX+ and 1.4 L diesel is available in s,sx+ and SX(0).entirely contradicting earlier variant info leaked.?????[surprise]
That's a printing mistake, along with "133ps for 1.4L Diesel" and many more errors. Rest assured SXO is in 1.6 D.

Few things I noticed on the creta.

1) A definite bulb upgrade is possible. Lights didnt seem good enough.
2) Cornering bulbs have theater dimming. (not sure whether this is common in other cars equipped with this feature)
3) Boot is big but isnt that deep.
4) Started the petrol motor and was pretty noisy for a petrol.
5) Seats have a snug fit especially the rear.
6) Doors are light. Miss that solid feel of the ecosport.
7) Gear in the SX is similar to the city's. Plain!
8) As seen in the ecosport, the passenger side storage bin and cooled glove box is missing here.
9) ORVM folding button felt very tacky.
10) Indicators on the ORVMs design looks good but not practical in India (since this takes a lot of hit). Should have been similar to Honda where it's safe from hits.
11) Smartphone slot just in front of 12v slot is padded (removable).
12) Driver armrest is pushed way back and cant be adjusted. Should have been longer so that one can rest his arm will holding the gear. This is not possible here. Also, the storage is deep but not long enough.

The 4 cars that i saw have Goodyears on them.

Few things I noticed on the creta.

1) A definite bulb upgrade is possible. Lights didnt seem good enough.
2) Cornering bulbs have theater dimming. (not sure whether this is common in other cars equipped with this feature)
3) Boot is big but isnt that deep.
4) Started the petrol motor and was pretty noisy for a petrol.
5) Seats have a snug fit especially the rear.
6) Doors are light. Miss that solid feel of the ecosport.
7) Gear in the SX is similar to the city's. Plain!
8) As seen in the ecosport, the passenger side storage bin and cooled glove box is missing here.
9) ORVM folding button felt very tacky.
10) Indicators on the ORVMs design looks good but not practical in India (since this takes a lot of hit). Should have been similar to Honda where it's safe from hits.
11) Smartphone slot just in front of 12v slot is padded (removable).
12) Driver armrest is pushed way back and cant be adjusted. Should have been longer so that one can rest his arm will holding the gear. This is not possible here. Also, the storage is deep but not long enough.

The 4 cars that i saw have Goodyears on them.
Also, Hyundai is typically marketing useless features for comparision with Ecosport and Duster, such as Rheostat adjustment for Supervision cluster , or Push button start- which ImO is a useless feature. I have a Micra with one and a Duster without one. Doesnt make a damn difference to convenience!
It is also spreading misinformation. For Electronic Stability Control- it states that Duster RXZ 110 doesnt have it-true, but AWD does have it. In the next one, it mentions Hill Start Assist -Duster AWD only. So why not be consistent in both cases ?

And whats with not revealing minimum Ground Clearance values ? Is it too low that Hyundai fears it would be a deal breaker? If it is anything above 190mm, they shouldnt have to worry! This looks a bit silly on their part. Atleast Maruti is making a more honest marketing effort with its S-Cross crossover. They are saying it like it is.

The only significant difference I see between Creta and Duster is the availability of 6 airbags for the top variant. Which is a good thing. Unfortunately that is not the most important criterion in the eyes of many buyers. In almost all other areas, I dont see any USP for the car to be priced between 14-16 lacs. The Duster too, IMO should see a correction to 11-13 lac levels (max).

Last edited:
Ya it is a expected figure from dealer's end. Also, 17 Lac appears too high considering the fact that in the official pocket guide, the specs of Creta are compared to Duster and Eco-Sport. Lets wait for the official announcement buddy.

Regards

Akash
Hyundai dealer called today and asked me to confirm the variant and color. He said I can get the car in the first lot itself [:D]

Now the sad part - he said 17 to 17.5 lacs for SX (O) in Bangalore[surprise]. I dont think I will buy this at 17 lacs.

My hunch is that the prices will be less for all variants except SX+ AT and SX (O) - Hyundai will ask for a premium for these two variants. Duster and Ecosport does not have these available.

Hyundai dealer called today and asked me to confirm the variant and color. He said I can get the car in the first lot itself [:D]

Now the sad part - he said 17 to 17.5 lacs for SX (O) in Bangalore[surprise]. I dont think I will buy this at 17 lacs.

My hunch is that the prices will be less for all variants except SX+ AT and SX (O) - Hyundai will ask for a premium for these two variants. Duster and Ecosport does not have these available.
If Hyundai is pricing it around 17 lacs then it will be dead before it is even launched. IMHO

I don't think so that Hyundai will commit the same mistake that Honda did with the first generation Jazz on the pricing.

In a weeks time all this speculation will comes to an end till the time I will be speculating it around 15 lacs [:)]

P.S : I have also booked a Creta however yet to decide the trim.

Last edited:
Same here too, the dealer called today to finalize on color and the model chosen was SX during booking. He mentioned that SX will cost in range of 16-17 lakh on road while SX(o) will be 17 and AT will be cheaper then SX(o) by around 20k.

I am disappointed by the prices, looks like i have no option but to keep my Rapid for another 1-2 years.

Same here too, the dealer called today to finalize on color and the model chosen was SX during booking. He mentioned that SX will cost in range of 16-17 lakh on road while SX(o) will be 17 and AT will be cheaper then SX(o) by around 20k.

I am disappointed by the prices, looks like i have no option but to keep my Rapid for another 1-2 years.
Absolutely! The prices are just insane. I was thinking Honda overpriced with Jazz, but after looking at Creta, I felt Jazz is not that overpriced! Why on earth I will buy top end Creta for 17+, when I can get XUV at the same price. Hyundai must be on top of their head while pricing this. For me, this product is DOA!

Man... I almost zeroed in on creta, but anything beyond 14L OTR for AT will force me to start search for my new car. Definitely this is not worth anything beyond 14L OTR

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
every reviewer says the price to be within 8-12 lakhs range. and bangalore has high registration charges so the prices in other cities will be lesser by atleast 1 lakh.

anyways , to all the potential buyers just wait for the 21st :P for the official prices. and i too hope it doesn't cross 13 lakhs ex showroom.

Yeah buddy XUV with its 2.2 litre mhawk engine is a superb package compared to this so called SUV .[frustration]
Suddenly Jazz seems VFM :stupid:
If we don't have Mahindra and Maruthi these guys will price it near 20-25 lakhs?
I know. My uncle owns a XUV and I can easily say, at the price point, XUV is VFM package! And boy! mHawk is one gem of a engine.

Top Bottom