Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Dear Buddies,

We will be attending the Global Launch of Creta on July 21st. Please do let me know of the queries on the same. Exclusive and elaborate launch report shall be given.

Regards

Akash
Please ask them why they are not launching AT variant with all safety features (6 airbags + ESC + VSM + HHA). It is ok not to have features like AVN, start/stop buttons/jazzy alloy wheels but at lease give all safety features as option pack at the extra cost

Dear Buddies,

We will be attending the Global Launch of Creta on July 21st. Please do let me know of the queries on the same. Exclusive and elaborate launch report shall be given.

Regards

Akash
Akash thanks. Couple of questions around Creta I have are -

1. Will automatic be launched in SX(O) Diesel version and by when?
2. Will an SX(O) be launched in petrol and by when?

Hyundai Creta to be available in six variants, priced between Rs 8 lakh to Rs 11 lakh.

The official specsheet of the Creta which shows that Creta will come in six variants namely L in petrol and diesel, S (petrol, diesel), Sx (diesel) and SX(o)(diesel).
The specsheet shows that ABS will be available right from the base trim. The dual airbags, however, will only be available from S (optional pack). The SX(o) version gets side and curtain airbags as well. 1.6 litre diesel engine will only be available in the SX and above trims.

The 5" touchscreen infotainment system would be available from S trim while the Sx(o) trim getting a 7" touchsreen.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/uv/hyundai-creta-to-be-priced-between-rs-8-lakh-to-rs-11-lakh/48020408

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hyundai Creta to be available in six variants, priced between Rs 8 lakh to Rs 11 lakh.
Dear VM, its the same spec sheet which I had received from my sources a week back. The same was posted in this thread at post no. #254 and it got circulated at many places[:D](read=forums). The spec sheet in the link posted by you is the same type of spec sheet (but from different source). I am really looking forward to this car by Hyundai and as hinted by you on the price, I do feel if it comes in bracket of 8-11 Lacs then really it would be worth considering.

Regards

Akash

I got to see the Creta in the dealers yard. Diesel AT, Diesel SX and Petrol SX.

1) The diesel AT will be placed below the top end.
2) The top end will sport 17" wheels, leather seats and 6 airbags. Interestingly, it will have the same touchscreen unit across all variants except for the base variant.
3) Shark fin antenna - a welcome change
4) Alloy design is not exciting. 16" sports an all chrome/silver finish.
5) Projectors come with halogens and not HIDs.
6) Spare key is also a smart key.
7) Boot space is pretty good with an option of 60:40 seats
8) Chrome on the grille isnt all that bad. Doesnt cover the entire slats. It's just on the top portion. But cant say the same on the rear.
9) Tail lights similar to Verna 4S. Trying hard to convince it's LED.
10) Touchscreen is responsive.

Finally was able to see the beast in flesh while the dealer was shifting it to his yard. Oh boy, it really looks macho. I also got a chance to explore it a bit and stole some snaps in between unofficially. Disclaimer - I am not an automobile expert. Observations below are solely my opinion, and may differ from reality. [:D]

It seems the yard had around 8-9 cretas available, but only two color variants - red and white. Both diesel and petrol variants was available in Sx and Sx(o) options. Visual differentiators between these options were 17" alloy wheels, bigger touch screen and curtain airbag symbols on the seat. Rest of options including push button start were common across both variants. No ATT was available there.
The USP will be the looks plus bells and whistles attached. I was unable to take my eyes of the top end version, especially the 17" alloys. Its a visual treat. It surely has the road presence and will definitely beat its counterparts in action.
They had petrol and diesel variants and from the engine noise, both of them seems to be well refined. Interiors are good, but the leather seats in top end is not as attractive as verna or similar premium siblings. Fit and finish is great, and is far far better than duster. Doors gave a strong feeling of an SUV when we open, and the metal seems to be of a higher gauge than verna. Has many higher end features like rear aircon vents, ACC, navigation, touch screen entertainment, push button start etc.
The looks, for both colors - red and white ones are truly majestic. From some angles it looks truly macho, but there are some feminine characteristics built in which gives it a balanced look. The black cladding gels well with the colors and looks, and that is the main thing which gives it that SUV feel. Interiors look classy, and has lot of space and options to store your goodies. There is a 12v power outlet in the rear. instrument clusters are as expected, but gives a smart look when switched on. The beige strip on the doors give it a great look, and blends well with the interiors. Boot is large with illumination, and adequate for an average family. Shark fin antenna and chrome strips above number plate may have takers, but in my opinion it is hampering looks.
From specs available online, GC was mentioned as 200mm, but I felt it was bit lower than that. I hope I am wrong. The gear knobs were normal, and gear shift feeling (when parked) is just ordinary like grand i10. I feel ecosport and scorpio (I havnt driven xuv, so comparing with scorpio now) gives you a better gear shift feeling than this one, but can be excused. [lol] Since it is a 6 speed gearbox, for reverse you need to pull up the gear knob and move to the reverse slot
Headlamp cluster looks bit protruding to the side, which may be similar height as of a bike handle. In maddening city traffic I hope it will not cause an issue, as replacements will end up eating several thousands.
The biggest disappointment was the driving position, which I feel is much lower than duster, ecosport or scorpio. A vehicle claiming to be an 'almost SUV' should definitely give a commanding position to drive, but unfortunately I felt I am seated in a verna or city, rather than an SUV. Why Hyundai, why?... [cry] Being five and a half foot tall (an average Indian), I was barely able to see the front ends from driver seat which I feel is a bit risky stuff. It will definitely take some time for owners to get adjusted to this position.
To sum it up, there are some drawbacks but overall it is a sweet package. From initial feel, it is well built and better than its competitors now. The goodies offered are much more than anyone else in same league. Fit and finish is top notch, and style and safety are not at all compromised. First in the segment diesel ATT is going to be the icing in the cake. If the pricing is right and below verna, this is going to be the next block buster in Indian auto industry.

Attachments

Yesterday evening I had called the dealer for latest updates regarding Creta. The dealer has received 8 cars so far 6 of them being diesel and 2 petrols. Most of the variants are SX/SX+
Could not confirm whether Automatic variant was there.
I also asked them about the bookings, they currently have around 40 bookings, majority being diesels. He said many have preferred top end versions. I think that would be SX & SX(O). The pricing range will be around 7-9 lakhs for the 1.4 Diesel while the 1.6 Diesel will be priced around 10-13 lakhs and the 1.6 Petrol will be 9-11 lakhs. All these are ex-showroom prices.
As per the dealer, Hyundai will be allotting around 30 cars every month and the 1st lot are now exhausted.
I will be enquiring another dealer tomorrow and will be updating.

Last edited:
Finally was able to see the beast in flesh while the dealer was shifting it to his yard. Oh boy, it really looks macho. I also got a chance to explore it a bit and stole some snaps in between unofficially. Disclaimer - I am not an automobile expert. Observations below are solely my opinion, and may differ from reality. [:D]

It seems the yard had around 8-9 cretas available, but only two color variants - red and white. Both diesel and petrol variants was available in Sx and Sx(o) options. Visual differentiators between these options were 17" alloy wheels, bigger touch screen and curtain airbag symbols on the seat. Rest of options including push button start were common across both variants. No ATT was available there.
The USP will be the looks plus bells and whistles attached. I was unable to take my eyes of the top end version, especially the 17" alloys. Its a visual treat. It surely has the road presence and will definitely beat its counterparts in action.
They had petrol and diesel variants and from the engine noise, both of them seems to be well refined. Interiors are good, but the leather seats in top end is not as attractive as verna or similar premium siblings. Fit and finish is great, and is far far better than duster. Doors gave a strong feeling of an SUV when we open, and the metal seems to be of a higher gauge than verna. Has many higher end features like rear aircon vents, ACC, navigation, touch screen entertainment, push button start etc.
The looks, for both colors - red and white ones are truly majestic. From some angles it looks truly macho, but there are some feminine characteristics built in which gives it a balanced look. The black cladding gels well with the colors and looks, and that is the main thing which gives it that SUV feel. Interiors look classy, and has lot of space and options to store your goodies. There is a 12v power outlet in the rear. instrument clusters are as expected, but gives a smart look when switched on. The beige strip on the doors give it a great look, and blends well with the interiors. Boot is large with illumination, and adequate for an average family. Shark fin antenna and chrome strips above number plate may have takers, but in my opinion it is hampering looks.
From specs available online, GC was mentioned as 200mm, but I felt it was bit lower than that. I hope I am wrong. The gear knobs were normal, and gear shift feeling (when parked) is just ordinary like grand i10. I feel ecosport and scorpio (I havnt driven xuv, so comparing with scorpio now) gives you a better gear shift feeling than this one, but can be excused. [lol] Since it is a 6 speed gearbox, for reverse you need to pull up the gear knob and move to the reverse slot
Headlamp cluster looks bit protruding to the side, which may be similar height as of a bike handle. In maddening city traffic I hope it will not cause an issue, as replacements will end up eating several thousands.
The biggest disappointment was the driving position, which I feel is much lower than duster, ecosport or scorpio. A vehicle claiming to be an 'almost SUV' should definitely give a commanding position to drive, but unfortunately I felt I am seated in a verna or city, rather than an SUV. Why Hyundai, why?... [cry] Being five and a half foot tall (an average Indian), I was barely able to see the front ends from driver seat which I feel is a bit risky stuff. It will definitely take some time for owners to get adjusted to this position.
To sum it up, there are some drawbacks but overall it is a sweet package. From initial feel, it is well built and better than its competitors now. The goodies offered are much more than anyone else in same league. Fit and finish is top notch, and style and safety are not at all compromised. First in the segment diesel ATT is going to be the icing in the cake. If the pricing is right and below verna, this is going to be the next block buster in Indian auto industry.
Its_me - did you mention SX(O) in Petrol? can you please confirm? I am looking for a petrol one and based on the information available till now in various forums, there is no petrol SX(O). will be sweet if it is available.

From a dealer in Delhi - Prices are OTR. Not sure if dealers at this point will have the pricing though.

Petrol
1.6 base variant - 10.58 L
1.6 S 11.78
1.6 SX+ 13.72

Diesel
1.4 Base 11.79 L
1.4 S 12.99
1.4 S+ 14.15
1.6 SX 14.64
1.6 SX+ 16 .00
1.6 SX AT 17.10
1.6 SX (O) 17.15

Oh Man, if the above prices are true, it will be a heartbreak for me. I had expectations from this and the pricing is on the higher side. After the mixed reaction for Jazz pricing(especially diesel) this too is in the same boat. I hope Hyundai prove me wrong.
If Hyundai too prices this higher then Verna, its a clear indication from Manufacturers that price point has moved up.

Diesel 1.6 SX (O) 17.15
At this pricing range we can buy other cars with seven seating capacity. If the top end prices of the hyundai creta is around 17-18 Lakhs onroad then Xuv 5oo will be a better bet with Seven Seat Capacity and a lot more powerful engine and features.

And even at this price one can opt for 2015 Hyundai Elantra (Mid Version) instead of buying the Creta. And i almost forgot, even the toyota innova (Mid Version) falls in the same pricing. We can even buy a TATA Aria Pride 4x4 which costs around 16.5 - 17 Lakhs after heavy discounts in my city.

Apologise me, the above all are my personal opinion.

From a dealer in Delhi - Prices are OTR. Not sure if dealers at this point will have the pricing though.

Petrol
1.6 base variant - 10.58 L
1.6 S 11.78
1.6 SX+ 13.72

Diesel
1.4 Base 11.79 L
1.4 S 12.99
1.4 S+ 14.15
1.6 SX 14.64
1.6 SX+ 16 .00
1.6 SX AT 17.10
1.6 SX (O) 17.15
Thats pricey for a compact SUV, because even the Elantra costs just 18.78 lakhs OTR here, so how could this happen, if the 1.6 variants were AWD the price would have been completely justified,
The 1.4 seems rightly priced, if this is going to be true

Top Bottom