Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

From rear, it is looking like Getz on steroids.

Anyways, I was looking for used Terrano on a website, shortly, I received a call from Kothari Hyundai, Pune. Guy asked me if I am looking for Terrano? He said they are soon launching the creta which is going to compete with Terrano & E sport.
I said, ES is sub 4 m and Terrano is above 4 m, how's can creta compete with both?
I told him that I need a 5+1/2. seater with excellent suspension & better GC.
He asked me to TD 4 s verna, I told him I have already TD it and verna suspension is not good on speed breakers & pot holes, and I want SUV type suspension.
He told me that now suspension is improved.

So he brought the Verna, I demonstrated him how the suspension unsettles occupants on speed breakers @ 10 kmph.
He replied that after all verna is a sedan !!!
I said, that is why I was looking for Terrano, creta etc.

He said, for Creta, waiting period is 6 months. They have already received 800 bookings. And Verna is a better option.

Now, does it mean Verna & creta both have similar GC?

Looking at ix25 specs, it is not possible to make the GC equivalent to Terrano, duster, ES unless creta uses 18 inch wheels.

Last edited:
Got a call from my SE with whom I have pre-booked the car. He is receiving 6 cars in the first lot and the cars will reach the dealership on 14th July. He has invited me to have a look at them then and there and decide which one I want to take home on 21st after official launch. If the preferred color or variant doesn't come, things can get delayed by close to 1-2 months according to him. A noteworthy point he mentioned was the price of the highest variant would be INR 12.10Lakhs ex showroom as communicated to them by Hyundai.

But a question, since I've pre-booked the car so I should get the first one or whatever my seniority is for a white/silver SX diesel variant which arrives at the dealership and not be bullied by saying you take what's coming in the first lot or else you'll have to wait. Plus given the features and spec sheet is already unofficially out, I wish to take the SX+ variant with added features over SX.

And what if the pricing is super hideous and I wish to cancel my booking on 21st. So there is a lot to be discussed with my SE. Will probably pay a visit to the showroom tomorrow to discuss all in person with him.

Last edited:
Got a call from Hyundai dealer, Lady asked me if I had enquired about Verna,

I said, no, I was searching for used Terrano, The hyundai SE came to know about it & informed me about creta on phone & and then he said that creta has got waiting period of 6 months and told me to TD Verna instead!

Ask the SE whether the Creta & Verna are same !! Both are different all together and they drive differently too.

Regarding waiting, the dealer is trying to reduce bookings, because they will be given x number of cars/month. If the demand exceeds the MD will naturally ask the SE too reduce the bookings. This happens with every dealer of various brands. That's why he is mentioning 6 months waiting. The Creta I promising and will definitely have waiting period, but 6 months is too much this early. I don't believe in him, one of my friend has booked Diesel SX 8 days back and the dealer has promised delivery within August last week, which is ok for me.

he said that creta has got waiting period of 6 months and told me to TD Verna instead!
May be the salesman is about to sell off the verna's in their stockyard before the creta launch so that they can save some space for the creta. And in this case the dealer might give huge discount to sell it off or we can ask for huge discounts even if it is a new vehicle, when we are interested to buy.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear Buddies,

We will be attending the Global Launch of Creta on July 21st. Please do let me know of the queries on the same. Exclusive and elaborate launch report shall be given.

Regards

Akash

I called my dealer today to check on any information on pricing. He mentioned that he is not sure, but looks like it will be upto 15L on road. He also mentioned that his first lot has been dispatched and he has been allocated only 4 cars now, and no details on which all variants. Not sure when will he get his next lot.

Top Bottom