Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

Got a call from Sales person asking for exact colour and Type and he said they will get Petrol top model and Diesel AT on 15th itself and will be available for Test Drive on 21st July. He might let me see the car on 16th lets see if he does will keep you guys posted!

Tentative Prices based on some sources(don't ask me [:)] ). Maybe 10-30k difference in price when it launched, but this is the ballpark pricing.

1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs,
1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs,
1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.

Hahaha[evil] I also saw these come from a Birdie, if these numbers are real than I am gonna save a good chunk of money because the sales rep at Hyundai has been telling me price around 14 for SX+ AT. So lets see how things go as I will be little uncomfortable paying around 14 for this and would prefer XUV instead so lets see.

Tentative Prices based on some sources(don't ask me [:)] ). Maybe 10-30k difference in price when it launched, but this is the ballpark pricing.
Thanks furious_driver, if Hyundai ends-up with these prices. Still someone like me who has booked SX+ AT would need to end up paying ~ INR 15 lacs in Bangalore.

Also, a bit curious to understand that it is hardly a 5k difference between SX+ AT and SX (O), and bridging that gap can help Hyundai provide all the saftey features then why are they avoiding it? (keeping the transmision type aside) [:)]

My guess is it is the Launch sticker price "Cheapest Diesel AT SUV in the country launched by Hyundai", I can bet after 5-6 months they will launch SXO AT as well at 70K-1L price increment.

I was thinking Hyundai will price this between the Verna and Elantra. The refreshed Elantra launched in April had price adjustments which seems to be aimed for this.

Verna SX(O) is 12 lacs ex-showroom in Bangalore and I am not optimistic that Creta will be less than that unless Hyundai wants to surprise everyone.[;)]

Hahaha[evil] I also saw these come from a Birdie, if these numbers are real than I am gonna save a good chunk of money because the sales rep at Hyundai has been telling me price around 14 for SX+ AT. So lets see how things go as I will be little uncomfortable paying around 14 for this and would prefer XUV instead so lets see.
You caught me!!! Creata IMO, is insanely priced if you ask me. It touched the XUV region and I am afraid anyone is willing to shell out so much for wannabe SUV!(Meant top-end). But apart from Mileage and additional 4 airbags, I don't see how SX(O) is VFM compared to XUV W4!

Thanks furious_driver, if Hyundai ends-up with these prices. Still someone like me who has booked SX+ AT would need to end up paying ~ INR 15 lacs in Bangalore.

Also, a bit curious to understand that it is hardly a 5k difference between SX+ AT and SX (O), and bridging that gap can help Hyundai provide all the saftey features then why are they avoiding it? (keeping the transmision type aside) [:)]
Bangalore is one of the costliest when it comes to Vehicle related things. In our place, OTR for SX(O) will be around ~13.5L..

Regarding SX+ and SX(O), there is a big factor that stop them from bringing it for now. SX(O) will step into XUV category, which is too big a risk for them to take. Especially when people are proud of saying it starts from this to this! They want the introductory prices to be slap-in-the-face one and so kept it this way.

My guess is it is the Launch sticker price "Cheapest Diesel AT SUV in the country launched by Hyundai", I can bet after 5-6 months they will launch SXO AT as well at 70K-1L price increment.
May be or may not be. By the way they are moving now, it looks possible! But only time will tell.

I was thinking Hyundai will price this between the Verna and Elantra. The refreshed Elantra launched in April had price adjustments which seems to be aimed for this.

Verna SX(O) is 12 lacs ex-showroom in Bangalore and I am not optimistic that Creta will be less than that unless Hyundai wants to surprise everyone.[;)]
As I said, this is tentative. Final prices may vary but I don't think the difference will be too much!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies, Some official updates from Noida Dealer on Creta.

* It shall be offered in 1.4 L and 1.6 L Engine Variants.

* Cancellation charges are Rs. 3000/- as standard from Hyundai on all cars including Creta.

Regards

Akash

If the pricing is true, then this will be a safeguard against potential price gap which can happen between creta and scross. Scross is definitely waiting to play the cheaper alternate card, and Hyndai do not want to get stabbed on the same.
Anyway consider this as an introductory offer, and once stabilized they can move up to the scorpio range soon.

By the way, my dealer sent a representative to my home today to collect ID proof and other necessary documents to get it ready before launch. Maybe a marketing gimmick. The rep confirmed that they are getting the display car on 15th, and planned for the showroom launch on 22nd, one day after the official launch. I guess, he is also planning for first two or three deliveries on that day. When asked, he was not sure on availability of AT during launch time.

Last edited:
Some observations from the pics above:
1) the rear glass/window visibility will be quite poor because of the raked and curved design
2) The rear wiper seems to be a bit short for the purpose. Looks like its been lifted from the i10/i20 parts bin. I am also reading from t-bhp posts that some official documentation states ground clearance as 165mm (min). Which I think is not great at all. In fact looking at the proportions, this car comes across as another large hatch based crossover aka Ecosport.

I am also reading from t-bhp posts that some official documentation states ground clearance as 165mm (min). Which I think is not great at all. In fact looking at the proportions, this car comes across as another large hatch based crossover aka Ecosport.[/QUOTE]

i too read about that.it says min ground clearance.and also most of the hyundai cars i have seen are having softly sprung suspension.so after the load they tend to lower in their ground clearance.i am posting this pic for reference it appeared a bit low in ground clearance compared to duster and ecosport.

Hyundai-Creta-side-diesel-spied-125x125.jpg

hyundai-ix25-white-color-side-view.jpg

www.team-bhp.com.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom