img_suv_creta_detail_4.jpg

img_suv_creta_list.jpg

img_suv_creta_detail_1.jpg

Hyundai Showcases the Global SUV- CRETA
No. 1512015-06-277 hit

• Strong structural strength with adoption of Hive body structure
• Stable & confident ride & handling for ultimate driving experience
• Powerful engine options with first in segment Diesel Automatic Transmission

Chennai, 27 June 2015- Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the country’s leading premium car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter today, unveiled India’s most awaited stylish, powerful and dynamic SUV - ‘CRETA’.

The CRETA marks Hyundai’s entry in growing SUV segment with strong product offering boosting Hyundai’s product line up to a robust 10 product portfolio. Hyundai is set to redefine the SUV segment with its globally acclaimed & much appreciated “Fluidic Sculpture 2.0” design, superior driving dynamics, high end safety features along with robust body structure, multiple powertrain options & engineering excellence that has gone into making of CRETA.

Speaking at the showcase of CRETA, Mr. BS Seo, Managing Director & CEO, HMIL said, “The CRETA is the most awaited and aspirational SUV of the year and would be a revolutionary product in the Hyundai portfolio. The global SUV CRETA will herald a new chapter in Hyundai Motor India’s success story and will set a new benchmark in the SUV segment of India with unmatched capabilities. With Hyundai’s strong vision for India, we will strengthen our commitment to the Indian market with the launch of CRETA.”

The ‘CRETA’ Perfect

SAFE AND RIGID BODY

The body shell of CRETA has been designed and developed with advanced engineering techniques and usage of high quality material like ultra-high tensile steel so as to ensure best in class body rigidity, structural strength and crash performance.

The ‘ Hive Structure’ of CRETA offers a robust yet lightweight body structure with strong dynamics and enhanced safety. The body shell of CRETA scores high on overall strength and rigidity and is set to be a new benchmark for this segment.

The CRETA features a revolutionary ultra-high tensile steel body structure that enables the SUV to significantly enhance both performance and efficiency. The robust SUV benefits protection in all directions from the “Ring-Shaped Frames”. Each pillar, including the centre pillar, body side frames and bottom are positioned in a ring-like layout, all connected to form a protective shell. The ring-structure frame design realizes a significant increase in body stiffness, which contributes to more precise handling while maintaining excellent ride quality. This enhances safety and protection by adding strength, rigidity and durability.

The CRETA has outstanding NVH characteristics by the use of enhanced sound absorption materials and improved engineering design of engine, transmission and body structural parts. Multiple measures have been taken to contain NVH to barely perceptible trace levels like higher thickness of dash panel, anti-vibration pads on floor panel, optimization of central floor tunnel area rigidity etc.
“Hive Structure” benefits & Highlights:

• High Body rigidity with ring structure design for enhanced structural safety, improved durability , ride & handling and improved crash performance

• Enhanced body endurance & crash performance comprising high proportion of Advanced High Strength steel (AHSS) & Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS)

• Reinforced roof structure with multiple cross members for enhanced strength and more loading capacity

• Improved crash performance both frontal & side with addition of dash cross member, use of larger diameter weld joints & use of reinforced side members having tailor welded beams (TWB) on door panels

• Front end bolted type modular structure to reduce the maintenance cost

• Low NVH with detail optimization of dash panel, center floor tunnel, anti-vibration pads and dash insulators.

Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 Design

CRETA design follows a premium look, based on Hyundai Motor's evolved design philosophy. Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 Design philosophy carries forward the highly acclaimed Fluidic design theme in a more refined manner thus lending a Modern & Premium touch.

It stands for futuristic and unique design expression, yet it remains uncompromised on comfort and strength. An SUV with a unique and innovative form, CRETA represents a complete package of style and performance.

Hyundai’s signature ‘Fluidic Sculpture 2.0’ design philosophy:

Each Hyundai vehicle has its own design theme that projects specific product design under the umbrella of Fluidic Sculpture

· Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 captures 3 main design elements :

Fluid aesthetics, the modern Hyundai look, and a premium ambiance

· Refined Fluidic design focuses on :

A modern Hyundai look with a singular hexagonal grille

Easy-to-understand and pleasant design and

Sharper focus on materials and finishing of the car

· The “Fluidic” element is meant to evoke the organic flow of design found in nature

· The second element, “Sculpture” points out at the fact that Hyundai vehicles are much more than just sheet metal
They are artfully designed, exquisitely crafted pieces of sculpture

· Hyundai is continuously working towards strengthening its design fundamentals to ensure long- term competitiveness.

Engine and Transmission

CRETA is equipped with the most powerful yet efficient powertrain and is available with a choice of petrol 1.6 Dual VTVT and U2 1.4 CRDi & U2 1.6 CRDi VGT diesel engines. The engines have been tuned for best performance and high fuel efficiency.

The 6 speed Manual and Automatic transmission (in 1.6 CRDi VGT) offer the customers blend of high performance & enhanced driving pleasure.

• The powerful 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT petrol engine offers 123 PS power with high fuel efficiency
• 1.6 CRDi VGT (MT/AT) Diesel engine offers the best in class power of 128 PS
• The Automatic Transmission with 1.6 CRDi VGT is a first- in segment diesel AT offering and would redefine SUV driving experience for the Indian customer

Features –

• Projector headlamps w/LED Positioning lamp
• 17” Diamond Cut Alloys
• 7” AVN with 6 speakers
• Smart key w/ Push button Start
• 6 Airbags (includes Sides & Curtains)

STYLING

· 17”Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels*
· Projector Headlamps
· LED Positioning lamps
· Static bending
· Leather seats
· Shark fin antenna*

HI-TECH FEATURES

· Audio Video Navigation system
· 5” touchscreen audio system
· Supervision Cluster
· Smart key w/ Push button start

CONVENIENCE

· FATC w/ Cluster ionizer
· Electric folding ORVM*
· Rear AC vents
· Steering mounted controls
· 1 GB internal memory*

SAFETY

· Dual Airbags
· Side & Curtain Airbags*
· ABS
· Reverse Parking Camera*
· ESC
· VSM
· HAC
Official Source

Regards

Akash

@Akash,what's the GC with 17 inch wheels?
Length of the China creta (ix25) is 6 cm lesser than Terrano&4.5cm lesser than duster, it would be interesting to know the rear seat comfort comparison. And it would be competing with Terrano & Duster on rear comfort & space front at the cost of boot space IMO.

@Akash,what's the GC with 17 inch wheels?
Length of the China creta (ix25) is 6 cm lesser than Terrano&4.5cm lesser than duster, it would be interesting to know the rear seat comfort comparison. And it would be competing with Terrano & Duster on rear comfort & space front at the cost of boot space IMO.
200mm. I remember it from some review guy!

My guess is around 170 to 180mm. Lets wait for official confirmation on that.[:)]

Regards

Akash
My guess is, it would be surely more than the i20 active which itself has a GC of 190mm. So we can easily expect it in the range of 200mm which is comparable to the likes of Ecosport and Duster and enough to tackle many of the infamous Indian roads.

Rest yes we all will have to wait for the official specs from the manufacturer on this.

After reading a few first look reviews from many auto journos it seems Hyundai has worked upon the steering and suspension setup of this vehicle. Though body roll is present and mentioned by almost everyone online who has driven the vehicle on well laid roads inside the Hyundai plant itself, so out in the open roads it might have a little more play to it. That's a thing to watch-out for at least from my buying prospective. Rest better can be known when our TAI official review is out. When can we possibly expect it?

Wow!! Creta has pushed itself forward as the next big thing in the industry. Renault will be the one who will be impacted the most. They were consistently doing 3k+ Dusters per month and now with Creta into the picture, I will not be surprised if it drops to ~1k. Creta will pull some customers from XUV, who do not really want the 3rd row - not to mention, it is pretty useless in the XUV also. XUV is a big vehicle and has tons of features, but sadly they will not be able to match the fit and finish of the Hyundai and the 6-speed diesel automatic is a master stroke from Hyundai and that itself will pull a lot of people from XUV and Duster and Terrano. Ecosport will also be affected, but at least it has the sub-4m benefit.

The huge range Hyundai offers in the Creta will mean, many potential premium hatchback buyers (i20, Jazz) might also opt for the Creta.

However, appears that Hyundai was able to manage only ~400 L of boot space and is not providing 60:40 split in the seats in any variant. Jazz manages to have almost the same boot space in a much smaller car. Guess the long bonnet of Creta is the reason. I am not sure of the interior space in Creta though. Most reviews point to a tight fit for 3 in the rear, which means cars like Jazz, Bolt and Vista are better in this area.

All said, with this wonderful looking car loaded with all features, it will take the market by storm. And once S-Cross also comes into the market, it will be deathblow to all other CUVs.

Although I was quite assured that this time the global giant will play its trump card in the segment and I guess they have decided to hit the sweet spot and hit it really 'hard'.

Going by what ACI has to say about Creta, I am really interested to get my hands on it. Just read on to find out what ACI guys have discovered while driving a Creta on Hyundai test track and how many good things they have to say about it. From my experience of reading their reviews, there are really very few cars about which they have so much good things to say and equally less brickbats.
Hyundai Creta Review | Cars First Drive | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India

Let me mention something that really impressed me out of the review:
On the inside, dashboard is attractive and not over-styled. The centre console is blended neatly into the surface of the dash and to make the insides more attractive, Hyundai has used a lot of beige, and even some nice brushed silver accents. On the top spec SX (O) trim, at the centre sits a seven-inch touchscreen while lower down and there are the climate control knobs similar to those on the i20. There's push-button start, telephony and audio controls on the steering wheel, and as far as safety is concerned, you get ESP, ABS and six airbags. In terms of quality, the Hyundai Creta scores highly and is sure to be a segment benchmark.
Looks like we need not to live any more with the Duster and XUV interior quality, "Acche din, aane wale hain (good days are coming)".

As we drove this SUV on Hyundai's smooth test track, it was hard to judge the car's ride and handling. On first and very brief impression, the Creta felt quite planted especially at high speeds. As it's softly sprung, there's some roll around corners, but it felt in control and quite predictable. Thanks to decent wheel travel, we expect the Creta to have good ride quality especially at low speeds but we have to wait to drive it on public roads to give you a more comprehensive verdict. What's also nice is that save for some tyre noise, the cabin is well insulated from the happenings outside and combined with the powerful and refined diesel engine, the Creta will be a great cruiser.
Looks like the biggest complaint is being addressed quite well. An SUV and that also well planted at speeds; sounds good! [clap]

Buyers looking for a compact SUV will be pleased to know that the Creta is well built, comfortable inside and very well equipped. On our brief drive, it felt reasonably composed and easy to drive and what helps it further is that the 1.6-litre diesel engine is one of the best around. So, as an overall package, the Creta works really well. The fact that Hyundai will offer an automatic diesel from the off will only add to its overall appeal. It will be launched later this month at an estimated price of Rs 8-12 lakh, and though we'll reserve our final verdict for when we do a proper test of the car, after this quick preview, it seems Hyundai's new mid-size SUV has the makings of a winner.
This one says it all! [;)]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

The print media campaign for the Creta has begun in full swing. I was at Grugaon Cyber city today and where my car was parked, above that this massive hoarding of CRETA was placed.

20150702_135330.jpg

Regards

Akash

Hello Everybody,

Looks i'm late to the party [:)], i was on the verge of booking EcoSport AT, but just in time got to hear about Creta. Have been reading all over the net but first and foremost TAI and have clearly made my mind to get the AT.

I did read that their might not be a Optional variant which might negate the safety kit, but i do beleive that Hyundai would surely get that to the customers. But as of now, still getting the booking done on 4th July (i.e. tomorow [clap]) and eagerly awaiting to put my hands behind the wheel.

What's with such confusing terminologies? And why on earth no Petrol SX(O)? Were they on dope while preparing this features list? And what's with offering split seats only on AT and no 6 airbags for AT, even as option.

So Hyundai, somehow ended up with decent product but screwed big time in trims! Well done Hyundai you scumbag!

Top Bottom