Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

The Creta looks very good and is well proportioned, though i think its a bit short then Duster & Ecosport. Hyundai trademark of Attractive Looks, Features & Decent Set of Engines will make this a success. Even if they price it a slight premium over Duster, it will do well.

Last evening, my friend has booked one for Rs.50k. He has chosen Diesel SX. He hasn't finalized color yet, but is ready to buy any color that comes in 1st lot. Dealer has promised to call back, when they receive Display & TD car, which should happen in next week or so.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
According to a report on MotorOctane ,

Hyundai Creta Base: Foldable key, central locking, halogen headlights, engine immobilizer, 2-DIN music system and gear shift indicator.
Hyundai Creta S: Projector headlights, ABS, Bluetooth connectivity with 1 GB internal storage, steering mounted controls, height-adjustable driver’s seat, driver airbag, reverse parking sensors, alloy wheels.
Hyundai Creta SX: Reverse parking camera in ECM (Electro-chromatic mirror), lane change indicator, dual airbags, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearlever.
Hyundai Creta SX (O): push-button start with smart entry, touchscreen entertainment system, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels.

via IAB.
i guess the base version will come with 1.4 liter diesel that's why most of the features are missing just like the previous verna 1.4.
the new verna comes with ABS as standard so it would be odd if creta doesn't comes with ABS as standard.

i just checked out the recent variants of verna to compare with.
according to the report the feature list is comparable to the verna 4s.
but i guess it's a good feature list according to the models.

also it remains to be seen if creta will get cruise control and hill assist.

Last edited:
i guess the base version will come with 1.4 liter diesel that's why most of the features are missing just like the previous verna 1.4

the base 1.6 that is the creta S comes with 1 driver airbag and ABS just like my base 1.6 verna but the creta also has alloy wheels and projector headlights. i haven't checked out the recent variants of verna to compare with. but i guess it's a good feature list according to the models.

also it remains to be seen if creta wil get cruise control and hill assist.
Buddy I believe that ABS and airbags should be standard at this price point and Hyundai can be expected to do this without cutting any corners here.
Fingers crossed right now to find out what comes out of the hat.
Offtopic: BTW, did you ever knew that the Grand i10 scored 4 star in Euro NCAP and it is the same vehicle which we get in India; same body shell with same strength and 2 airbags. Happy to see my hot favorite hatch get this rating (I found this out today itself).

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Buddy I believe that ABS and airbags should be standard at this price point and Hyundai can be expected to do this without cutting any corners here.
Fingers crossed right now to find out what comes out of the hat.
Offtopic: BTW, did you ever knew that the Grand i10 scored 4 star in Euro NCAP and it is the same vehicle which we get in India; same body shell with same strength and 2 airbags. Happy to see my hot favorite hatch get this rating (I found this out today itself).
i edited my reply after checking the verna brochure :P read it again.
just check the brochure of verna 4s
http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_wwn/IN/ebrochure/2015_4S_Fluidic_Verna_ebrochure_1434689202251.PDF

you will see that the base 1.4 comes with very less features.
the s comes with 15" alloys , projector headlamps , abs , 1 airbag , steering mounted audio controls , bluetooth. but this also have rear parking sensors plus ECM.

one variant above comes with 16" alloys plus the mentioned specs .

so it would be odd if creta's feature list is not similar to the verna.

and yeah that's good to know [clap] if i ever want a small hatch i'd buy the grand i10 and if a compact suv then the creta [:D]

Last edited:
My guess (aka my wish :) )

Hyundai Creta S: Projector headlights, ABS, Bluetooth connectivity with 1 GB internal storage, steering mounted controls, height-adjustable driver’s seat, driver airbag, reverse parking sensors, alloy wheels. Diesel 1.4L – Rs 830,000 ex showroom
Hyundai Creta SX: Lane change indicator, dual airbags, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearlever, push-button start with smart entry, touchscreen entertainment system with reverse camera, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels. . Diesel 1.6L – Rs 980,000 ex showroom
Hyundai Creta SX (O): 6 speed automatic gearbox, leather seat covers, 6 airbags, hill assist, cruise control. Diesel 1.6L – Rs 116,000 ex showroom

Last edited:
Creta looks promising, as ssuggested from the pictures. Some pics suggestes automatic varaint also, that could be an killer in the market, as no compact SUV in the market has it till date. Demand for automatic and that too in diesel compact SUV's has cropped up in recent time.

I have booked one with RS 50000 in vizag as other dealers are not accepting bookings yet.
hopefully the prices will be in compact SUV range rather than full Size SUV territory(like suv500)

some of the features the other posts forgot to mention are cooled glove box,touch screen navigation unit,automatic climate control and rear AC vents.

i would like to take fello TAIgers opinion on colour choices among(Orange,Red,White,Brown).

if anything that i don't like from Hyundai creta pictures is Chrome accessaries especially chrome wind deflectors,rear reflector light surrounds!.(my opinion).

Last edited:
Color choice should be left ALWAYS to the high command (if you are married). If not married, leave it to Mom or Sis.

Not that we can't decide, but it lets them know how much we value their choice [:)].

Last edited:
That's the point, that's the point [clap]. You choose a color that will NOT bore you in the long run and DIRECT them to SELECT that.

In that sense, Orange will start tiring you faster and so will Red. Normally, white is the least offending, most preferred and hence no exclusivity. My two cents.

Also, white is the color which will fade least, compared to other dark shared. I have almost zeroed in on white shade, if they are not providing that dark blue shade of ix25

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Creta's base model revealed.

As can be seen, the Hyundai Creta Base (with the roof-rack) gets regular halogen headlights, and is devoid of a chrome grille and LED daytime running lights. However, it is equipped with foglights. Over to the sides, the Base gets steel wheels with full wheel covers, body cladding, body-colored door handles and wing mirrors with integrated turn signals.
source : IAB
Hyundai Creta Base rear spied

Hyundai-Creta-Base-side-spied-1024x673.jpg

Hyundai-Creta-Base-front-spied-1024x819.jpg

Hyundai-Creta-Base-rear-spied-900x720.jpg

Technical specs of Creta revealed officially.
Important details:

• Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design
  • 1.6L, Gamma, dual VTVT, all-aluminium petrol motor producing 123 PS of power (6-speed Manual Transmission)
  • 1.6L, CRDi, VGT diesel motor producing 128 PS of power (6-speed Manual & 6-speed Automatic Transmission)
  • First in segment diesel automatic SUV
  • 1.4L, U2 CRDi motor will also be available on base models with 90 PS (6-speed Manual Transmission)
  • New engine maps
  • India-specific steering & suspension tuning\
  • Available in 4 variants: Base, S, Sx, Sx (O)
  • Hexagonal front grille
  • Projector headlamp with LED DRLs
  • 17″ diamond cut alloys
  • 6 airbags
  • Leather seats
  • Power folding ORVMs
  • Reverse parking camera
  • 7″ AVN infotainment system
  • Hive body structure
  • High-tensile steel body structure
  • Ring shaped frames
  • Reinforced roof structure