Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV Named Creta

If GC is not adequate, its nothing more than a blown up verna. If yes, will have to reconsider buying plans
Not verna, it would be called blown out i20.
But I have hopes as I have read that China ix25 has 183 cm GC with 16 inch wheels. A website says that in India it is going to come with 17 or 18 inch wheels. If 18 inch then GC would increase by 25 mm.

Anyways, received a call from Hyundai dealer for i20 Elite, I told him that I want to wait till creta comes. He said he doesn't have any info on creta other than what is available on net. However he promised me a TD on the launch date.
Here is comparison between ix25 China vs competition (source: carsizzler)

Attachments

Last edited:
Spied pics now from Hyundai's Creta in the production line. Could be Hyunda's tactics of building up momentum by these pics!
Yes VM2011, I too think Hyundai is purposefully leaking out pics - this one and a couple of other Cretas caught without camo out in public road. However, I find something is missing in this Creta and the Black Creta pics given out by Motoroid. Going by the pics, the Motoroids one is an SX model and the cherry red Creta from factory also was reported to be SX model.

Alloys and Chrome door handles: If we have followed the Cretas spied over time, they had the stunning diamond cut gunmetal alloys. These Cretas have clean-silver alloys. Diamond cut alloys are found in i10 Asta(O), Xcent SX and i20 Sportz(O)

Chrome door handles: Cretas spied earlier had chrome door handles - Present in Grand i10 Asta, Xcent SX, i20 Sportz (O). These Cretas have body colored door handles.

Key-less entry and Go: The black Creta spied by Motoroid does not even get Request sensor on the door handles - something present in i20 Sportz (O)

I can't believe Hyundai is not giving any of these in Creta SX variant. Is there an SX(O) variant which has these features. Even then, Hyundai has surprised me my not giving these in the SX variant itself.

I can't believe Hyundai is not giving any of these in Creta SX variant. Is there an SX(O) variant which has these features. Even then, Hyundai has surprised me my not giving these in the SX variant itself.
What if sx is a lower end variant?
It seems media briefing is scheduled for this month end, and auto portals have been invited to visit their Chennai factory starting today to get a first hand experience of creta. Eagerly waiting to get a first hand review from TAI reps. [:D]

TAI-gers, Felix Jose has shared new images of Creta - spied inside out - in his twitter account. Images below.

Creta_1.png

Creta_2.png

Creta_3.png

Creta_4.png

Key points to note based on the interior / exterior pics

• No Push-button start
  • No Diamond cut alloys - Only Clean Silver Alloys
  • No Request Sensor on Door handles
  • No Chrome Handles - Only Body colored
  • HU screen looks to be bigger then the one in i20 - not sure if it is a touch screen AVN unit.
  • Beige dashboard - no fancy colors like in overseas model
  • Dual tone Seat colors - Looks like Black and Beige, similar to i20
  • I do not see Reverse Sensors - maybe the resolution of the picture is the culprit though
  • Steering wheel does not seem to have leather wrap stitching
  • Has projectors and DRLs - as noted already in most spied Cretas
  • Is the control on right side of steering for Cruise control??

To me, the Chrome Licence plate garnish looks out of place and looks incomplete IMO. Have to admit that if this is the SX and if SX is the top end, many including myself will be hugely disappointed with Hyundai. This is not at all Hyundai-esque and a huge deviation from the Hyundai DNA of LOADING the car with features. Creta is such a highly anticipated car will fall below everyone's expectations if not loaded with features found even in Grand i10 and i20.

I have highlighted a car in background (Silver / Beige color), which has shark-fin antenna and I feel that might be one variant above the red cars - probably a SX(O) and has all features skimped in the red SX. However, even that does not have the stunning diamond cut alloy wheel found in the international variant and also found in many spied Cretas.

Last edited:
another image of the rear via IAB.

it really is odd for them not to include rear parking sensors and agreed the chrome garnish does not gel up.
After a bit of investigation, I found that the international iX25 has reverse parking sensors stationed on the black portion of the rear bumper. So, I would give Hyundai the benefit of doubt here and it is probably not visible because of the poor resolution of the pics.

More pics from Motorbeam

Interiors of the top-end - with bigger touch-screen HU and Push-button Start / Stop

Creta_6.jpg

Auto Gearbox

Creta_7.jpg

White Creta vs Red Creta

Creta_8.jpg

Grey (or Stardust???) Creta - Looks a bit odd to me - has chrome detailing in fog lamp area

Creta_9.jpg

Full side profile - Looks a bit smaller compared to duster and as short as Ecosport

Creta_10.jpg

Creta_11.jpg

Creta_12.jpg

Grey (or Stardust??) again - has the stunning diamond cut alloys + shark-fin antenna + Chrome detailing on rear bumper and tail lamps - Also careful inspection will reveal rear parking sensors also on the black portion of the bumper.

Creta_13.jpg

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think the chrome garnishes will be as accessories. Too much bling :p you missed the chrome visors and yeah i see the sensors now.

Last edited:
I guess the German designers are working wonders on Hyundai designs.
No matter how the boot is looking but the design is very much balanced and will definitely appeal to a wider crowd (Many don't like the fluidic design after all). BTW, after adding the registration plate, it may look a bit different (although small, but this factor can't be ignored).

Now what? Nothing, just the right pricing is needed and the game of cannibalizing begins, maybe the end of party for some Euro and brand engineered boys who have been enjoying the market without any serious competition. Being a Hyundai, I am expecting the fit and finish to be top notch and a long list of features along with a bit of segment firsts too.

Long live Maruti Suzuki S cross, Duster or Terrano, I am in love with the way this Audi Q3ish side profile carrying vehicle looks. Heck, is it only me or others too felt that it looks like an Audi Q3 from sides?

Practicality: Maybe the tailgate looks a bit odd to some, but it is a well rounded off design equipped with a very practical and low loading bay, I have had some nightmares loading and unloading the wheat bags (50 kg each) with my cousin from his Duster.

Hyundai should give customers the option to select a chrome less version as well , like SX(-C) :)
Too much chrome is spoiling those looks

Rear profile of this car is fantastic except that chrome slate over the registartaion plate. From side it looks like a mini Q3 [thumbsup] . I think it is going to kill Duster / terrano.

Talked to dealer today. They are accepting pre-booking with Rs. 10000/- amount. Will be fully refunded in case of cancellation. They are expecting on road price for top trip MT 1.6 diesel 14 lacs.

According to my friend these cars have arrived in stockyard literally a week ago. He saw one in the Bangalore stock yard a few days ago. He tried to get a good look at the interior but the doors were locked & he is not the type who gets excited & clicks pics. I guess chances are if you visit your local Hyundai stock yard you should be able to see the car in person. Well we all knew what it looked like & obviously Hyundai will load it to the gills with equipment. Now all we need to see is rear seat & boot space along with ride & handling.

Top Bottom