Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hi,
My Cousin is looking for Diesel Compact Sedan, Choices are Maruti Dezire, Honda Amaze and Hyundai Xcent. Please Provide your feedback about Amaze in terms of Rear Bench space, NVH, FE, ASS and any other thing you want to mention.

Many thanks in advance.

Pankaj

Hi,
My Cousin is looking for Diesel Compact Sedan, Choices are Maruti Dezire, Honda Amaze and Hyundai Xcent. Please Provide your feedback about Amaze in terms of Rear Bench space, NVH, FE, ASS and any other thing you want to mention.

Many thanks in advance.

Pankaj
Dear Pankaj, I don't know how much information I give is vital for you. But its my duty to tell you the fact.

Lets start with Dzire - It's a big seller, it's got good pair of engines. Its cabin looks nice. Its dynamics are good, but its rear seat is uncomfortable and space is tight. Boot is small and rear looks ugly.
So he can buy Dzire if he wants car with Excellent ASS, Good Resale. Apart from this I don't find anything that's impressing in Dzire.

Xcent - It is cheaper then Dzire, Amaze. It is Feature packed which is a Hyundai trademark. Its got spacious rear seat. Petrol engine is good, while diesel engine leaves a lot to be desired. NVH is good and the car is a good all-rounder. So Xcent if you're cousin wants car with Features, Good Space, Interiors.

Amaze - Now when the name Amaze comes many think it isn't that Amazing. Well different people have different opinions. Coming back to the topic, Amaze has very good backseat (Space & Comfort). It has very good pair of engines. The petrol is peppy and diesel is efficient, has linear power delivery. Honda's ASS is very good. Though many don't like interiors and many have said NVH is not good. Yes, it was the problem in earlier batches. Newer one's have better refinement.
So Amaze if he wants Perfomance, Space, Efficiency.

Apart from this the only option is Zest. Another excellent car with major USPs being Features, Space, Engines.

So its up to him to decide.
I have Brio, Amaze is no different from Brio. I am impressed by its quality despite being slightly built to cost. Apart from the interiors, Brio and Amaze are very very good cars.

As a overall product, Amaze is the most well rounded car closely followed by Zest

Hey , Pankaj
I have a diesel vxmt 2013 amaze and dzire vdi 2013 , now the points.
Dzire looks better from the inside , better dash , better music system , less nvh issues ( I'd say no nvh at all ) , very very uncomfortable rear bench , I'm 5'11" , if the front seat is 75% back , then I just can't sit in the rear seat , brakes on the vdi are not very good (zdi are the best) .
Amaze has a bland and boring dash , but good quality compared to the dzire , very bad nvh in diesel , It definitely does not feel like a 100 bhp to me , brakes are excellent (diesel has abs in all variants unlike dzire) , rear seat and front too space wise is amazing , even with the front seat fully back I can easily sit on the rear seat , Audio system is horrible (speakers are bad , no cd ) , car bottoms out ar the rear sometimes with full load . Over all I feel between the two Amaze is better , as for the other cars you mention I cannot tell as I have not driven them .

Thread Starter #1,039
Hi vishnu vichu,
I have been following you post from few days. I must say you are a GURU in DIY. I really liked all the DIY's that you have done.
I would like to know how much Damp mat is needed to damp 4 doors + bonnet.
Also how about using yoga mat for damping? will that do the job of damping?

Thanks,
Anil
Well, i forgot the exact figure though roughly around 2 sq ft of damp mat was used for every door and may be 4 or 5 sq ft for the whole hood. [:)]

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Pankaj
As nishant said,
more spacious is the amaze
more futuristic is the zest

after all test drive yourself and find out what suits you perfectly [:)]

Hey , Pankaj

Amaze has a bland and boring dash , but good quality compared to the dzire , very bad nvh in diesel , It definitely does not feel like a 100 bhp to me , brakes are excellent (diesel has abs in all variants unlike dzire) , rear seat and front too space wise is amazing , even with the front seat fully back I can easily sit on the rear seat , Audio system is horrible (speakers are bad , no cd ) , car bottoms out ar the rear sometimes with full load . Over all I feel between the two Amaze is better , as for the other cars you mention I cannot tell as I have not driven them .
It doesn't feel like a 100 bhp ? Well, it's just because of the Honeywell turbo that's being used for the frugal fuel efficiency . Turbo spool is very linear and hence you don't feel the sudden urge of power, well it does have 98.9 bhp to be exact my dear friend and I've been amazed many times [;)]

Car bottoms out ? can you elaborate the issue ? I've had 5 people on board along with 15" alloys and 205 section tyre and a full load boot, still i haven't scrapped the tyres!!

Hi Vishnu,

Following this ownership review thread from so long.
And impressed with your love on Car. And the detailed explanation of DIYs. (Though didnt mod atleast one except horn :mad:
After so many days i just cant stop myself posting in this and so joined the forum.

Well, i have Amaze S i-Dtec URBAN TITANIUM.

No complaints so far. And also no mods are done except changing the horn to Roots.

Present Mileage Reading on the Car After [drive] 1yr 7months + (Got the car delivered on April 26th, 2013)

Just have a quick query if do you have any idea of replacing the rear windsheild with the one that is in Vx variant which has defogger ?

Attachments

Thread Starter #1,044
Congratulations !! thats a lot of driving !!

Pankaj
Thankyou [:)]

Vishnu,

Can you load the pics of your Amaze's air intake?
DSC07334.JPG

This is where my air filter box is located. Air intake would be somewhat beneath it. That was the root cause for the Hydro locking issues happened initially.

Hi Vishnu,

Following this ownership review thread from so long.
And impressed with your love on Car. And the detailed explanation of DIYs. (Though didnt mod atleast one except horn
After so many days i just cant stop myself posting in this and so joined the forum.

Well, i have Amaze S i-Dtec URBAN TITANIUM.

No complaints so far. And also no mods are done except changing the horn to Roots.

Present Mileage Reading on the Car After [drive] 1yr 7months + (Got the car delivered on April 26th, 2013)

Just have a quick query if do you have any idea of replacing the rear windsheild with the one that is in Vx variant which has defogger ?
That shows you've spend some quality time with amaze [;)]

I think it's possible. I have heard people swapping it to get the defogger .

hey guys,

the recommended tyre pressure for Amaze I-dtec is F-33PSI and R-29PSI. are you all using the same pressure level? My amaze's front tyre looks a little deflated with 33 PSI. Any suggestions????

Thread Starter #1,046
hey guys,

the recommended tyre pressure for Amaze I-dtec is F-33PSI and R-29PSI. are you all using the same pressure level? My amaze's front tyre looks a little deflated with 33 PSI. Any suggestions????
I used to have the same Tyre pressure while I had my stock Tyres. Now I'm running on 30psi all round which feel kind of more comfy :)

I used to have the same Tyre pressure while I had my stock Tyres. Now I'm running on 30psi all round which feel kind of more comfy :)
thanks vishnu vichu,

currently I am running on recommended tyre PSI, however, i have noticed that the front tyre look comparatively more deflated than rear ones, and this could be due to engine weight.

also, from the date of delivery till now, i have completed approx 1450 kms, and the average as per the fuel indicator is 18.5. does this sound reasonable? of this, about 85% was city driving and rest is highway.

Thread Starter #1,048
thanks vishnu vichu,

currently I am running on recommended tyre PSI, however, i have noticed that the front tyre look comparatively more deflated than rear ones, and this could be due to engine weight.

also, from the date of delivery till now, i have completed approx 1450 kms, and the average as per the fuel indicator is 18.5. does this sound reasonable? of this, about 85% was city driving and rest is highway.
Obviously, almost all vehicle's tires tend to look the same. Just make sure that you're filling air when the tire is cold.

18.5 kmpl from 85% city is just the best. That's the best you could get it seems :)

Kudos and keep driving :)

Hey Vishnu,

Seems like you have not done any DIYs in the recent past.
Getting bored man[confused]. Do some DIY. [:D] I have been searching in internet for any DIYs on Amaze. But found nothing.

Thread Starter #1,050
Hey Vishnu,

Seems like you have not done any DIYs in the recent past.
Getting bored man[confused]. Do some DIY. [:D] I have been searching in internet for any DIYs on Amaze. But found nothing.
Haha !! Even I'm getting bored on being idle with the car.

I might go for getting the front grill painted to black. Checking on for a nice color [;)]

Top Bottom