Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1,006
Thanks for your reply. At last managed to get one for my mobilio from Bosch - the brand name is OxyPure its actually designed for City But it fits perfectly in mine, Just check for the dimensions before buying (L - 210mm x 205mm, H - 29mm). It cost around 1900 (Actual cost is 2000rs). Though I received a old stock still i preffered it for safety purpose. Bosch Cabin Filters

Can you get me some pictures of the pollen filter and the area where it is kept ? Service centre guys saying that amaze doesn't have provision to accommodate the filter. Hence can you spread some light on this topic ?[confused]

Can you get me some pictures of the pollen filter and the area where it is kept ? Service centre guys saying that amaze doesn't have provision to accommodate the filter. Hence can you spread some light on this topic ?[confused]
Here you go. Sorry for the poor quality. I installed late night.

Attachments

Thanks for the pictures.. it definitely helps a lot of people like me who are allergic to dust...
I have a question here.. How did you manage to open up the slot in which the filter is inserted? The third picture talks about some tabs on the corners which will open up.. but I could not find them :( Can you please explain.. or take a pic...

Thanks for the pictures.. it definitely helps a lot of people like me who are allergic to dust...
I have a question here.. How did you manage to open up the slot in which the filter is inserted? The third picture talks about some tabs on the corners which will open up.. but I could not find them :( Can you please explain.. or take a pic...
You can refer the video I have posted on Page 62, Also the link below the video explains the procedure in detail..[:)] .Hope it helps. Just cut the box cover with a cutter, And then properly seal it with a packing tape. [;)].

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

It's been close to 100 days since I brought home my AMAZE. The experience has been good so far. I use it for my daily commute to work (35 kms from home - 60% highway, 40% city) and the FE has been hovering around 23-23.5 kmpl with AC ON 80% of the time. I am delighted to see the gas prices going down. Net net I am a satfisfied customer.

I have couple of questions. I am planning for a trip to Srisailam with family. I have driven a lot on ghat type roads back in US, but it was automatic transmission and things are lot simpler. If anyone have any experiene driving their vehicle to Srisailam, please comment on the difficulty of the road.Also, what are the precautions one should take while driving Amaze on hilly roads? Is it harmful to use too much braking? With Amaze's impressive turning radius, I believe doing the hair pin turns should be lot easier.

One last question on tire pressure - Are the stock tyres filled with Nitrogen air? Can I fill the tyres with normal air avaialble in gas stations? Also, what would be the ideal air pressure (VXMT iDTEC), front and back.

Cheers,
Sid

Hi Friends,
I have couple of questions. I am planning for a trip to Srisailam with family. I have driven a lot on ghat type roads back in US, but it was automatic transmission and things are lot simpler. If anyone have any experiene driving their vehicle to Srisailam, please comment on the difficulty of the road.Also, what are the precautions one should take while driving Amaze on hilly roads? Is it harmful to use too much braking? With Amaze's impressive turning radius, I believe doing the hair pin turns should be lot easier.

Cheers,
Sid
Congrats on your possession of Amaze.

I drove my new Honda City i-Dtec to Srisailam in last August. Hilly road condition is good. I don't think you will face any issue in your Amaze. Lot of Monkey will be there in on Ghat road, so judge your speed accordingly.

For more details visit the thread. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/18202-escape-nallamala-forest-concrete-jungle-srisailam-uma-maheswaram.html

Thread Starter #1,012
You can refer the video I have posted on Page 62, Also the link below the video explains the procedure in detail.. .Hope it helps. Just cut the box cover with a cutter, And then properly seal it with a packing tape..
So mobilio neither have a privison to open up and place the filter and close ? you've done the other way ?

Hi Friends,

It's been close to 100 days since I brought home my AMAZE. The experience has been good so far. I use it for my daily commute to work (35 kms from home - 60% highway, 40% city) and the FE has been hovering around 23-23.5 kmpl with AC ON 80% of the time. I am delighted to see the gas prices going down. Net net I am a satfisfied customer.

One last question on tire pressure - Are the stock tyres filled with Nitrogen air? Can I fill the tyres with normal air avaialble in gas stations? Also, what would be the ideal air pressure (VXMT iDTEC), front and back.

Cheers,
Sid
Expect a much less fuel efficiency[;)]

No the Tyres are filled with normal air. You could swap them to nitrogen or keep air itself[:)]

Well, I know this was coming and it has, today. While backing up my car today morning from my cramped apartment parking lot, I rear ended my car to a building pillar. See the pic for the damage. I have been feeling bad the whole day today thinking I should have been more careful. While I come out of it, can you guys solace with me some ideas on how to get the scratches off my car and also the paint job. I have a zero-dip Honda assure insurance coverage. Do you think, the damage is big enough to go for the claim? I want to get it fixed for sure, so please throw in your expertise.

Attachments

Top Bottom