Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Dont claim insurance.Go to any good local paint shops.They do it very clean at less than Rs.1000 in a single day itself.

Last edited:
After 25k kms and counting[:)] :

1. Drive-ability: The best part about Honda amaze!
Strong linear power delivery, Almost ZERO turbo lag is doing wonders in drive-ability especially in City commute.
2. F.E : Can a budget car be powerful as well as frugal at the same time? . Yes, its possible with the iDtec - feels a lot powerful than the numbers (100ps)suggest especially during 40-100 and 80-120 yet it delivers a jaw dropping 27Kmpl which can be even further improved with lot more sane driving.
3. Space : Its as spacious as a full size sedan yet under 4m makes a superb package especially when parking is tough these days.

My ES which was younger than this by 1 month stands at just 16k Kms that speaks of how well our amaze is being abused[:D].

Cons :-
Hmm...only one - NVH . Can live with that but still reminds me that I am running diesel especially when I am sharing ES's super quiet ride.

Dont claim insurance.Go to any good local paint shops.They do it very clean at less than Rs.1000 in a single day itself.
Thanks Releesh. I am planning to take my car for 5K service tomorrow. I will check with the guys at SC to see how much they quote for this job. I doubt, they might suggest replacing the bumper.

Folks in Hyd - Can you please suggest good paint shops in Hyd.

Thread Starter #1,024
Well, I know this was coming and it has, today. While backing up my car today morning from my cramped apartment parking lot, I rear ended my car to a building pillar. See the pic for the damage. I have been feeling bad the whole day today thinking I should have been more careful. While I come out of it, can you guys solace with me some ideas on how to get the scratches off my car and also the paint job. I have a zero-dip Honda assure insurance coverage. Do you think, the damage is big enough to go for the claim? I want to get it fixed for sure, so please throw in your expertise.
Don't go for the claim. This is very minor job. Find a good local painter, paint it up. [;)]

After 25k kms and counting :

1. Drive-ability: The best part about Honda amaze!
Strong linear power delivery, Almost ZERO turbo lag is doing wonders in drive-ability especially in City commute.
2. F.E : Can a budget car be powerful as well as frugal at the same time? . Yes, its possible with the iDtec - feels a lot powerful than the numbers (100ps)suggest especially during 40-100 and 80-120 yet it delivers a jaw dropping 27Kmpl which can be even further improved with lot more sane driving.
3. Space : Its as spacious as a full size sedan yet under 4m makes a superb package especially when parking is tough these days.

My ES which was younger than this by 1 month stands at just 16k Kms that speaks of how well our amaze is being abused.

Cons :-
Hmm...only one - NVH . Can live with that but still reminds me that I am running diesel especially when I am sharing ES's super quiet ride.
Nice share[:)]

Thanks Releesh. I am planning to take my car for 5K service tomorrow. I will check with the guys at SC to see how much they quote for this job. I doubt, they might suggest replacing the bumper.

Folks in Hyd - Can you please suggest good paint shops in Hyd.
Replace what ?[shock]
No way, they will surely be quoting a higher amount than some local workshops.
Paint it up man, it will be unnoticed !

1 Year 4 Months 7 Days [evil]
That's a lot of driving. Meanwhile I have completed 10000 kms yesterday in about 8 months.
Issues faced so far - None except few rattling noises which were fixed by ASS

My daily commute is 70kms to and fro from my office which includes 60% highway and 40% city and i consistently get an average of 23.5 to 24 kmpl tankfull method (AC on 50% of the time). This is really amazing. Did not expect FE this high. Yes most of my drive is done sedately.
Brakes are excellent and inspire confidence.

NVH- This is something that's bugging me for a while. While going to office at 12:00 in the afternoon, i do not notice the NVH and it seems at par with competition. No issues at all here. However when i am returning at aroung 9.30 in the evening, it seems a totally different car and NVH intruding inside cabin gets loud. Even with music i can hear the idtec roaring.
Used an app from Bocsh from playstore for recording noise values and found NVH in cabin to be around 60dB near firewall whereas other parts of cabin are at 56dB. Have been thinking of getting some damping done but I am not very sure and need your feedback on it.
I have beeen through you damping DIY and wanted to ask if I damp the bonnet lid, doesnt the noise get pushed towards firewall more? As per my analysis most of the noise in cabin is from firewall so wanted to know if damping floor, and bonnet lid would be effective.
What i dont want to do is remove the dash and damp the firewall. ASS dont do it and getting it done outside might mot be as perfect and some other rattles may creep in.
How is your car NVH after damping when u drive at night?
Appreciate if you can provide your observations.
-

Thread Starter #1,027
I have been through you damping DIY and wanted to ask if I damp the bonnet lid, doesn't the noise get pushed towards firewall more?
It won't make such a huge difference as i have done the same initially and i didn't felt such a huge change.

As per my analysis most of the noise in cabin is from firewall so wanted to know if damping floor, and bonnet lid would be effective.
Though most of the noise is from firewall, Damping the floor and bonnet lid together will definitely make a huge difference.

What i don't want to do is remove the dash and damp the firewall. ASS don't do it and getting it done outside might mot be as perfect and some other rattles may creep in.
That's the exact reason why i kept it untouched. Why take the risk for that some amount of diesel clatter penetrating inside after damping all the other major area ![:)]

How is your car NVH after damping when u drive at night?
Appreciate if you can provide your observations.
-
There was and is still a huge difference in NVH. The cabin is pretty silent even at night as most of my long drives are starting either at late night or at early morning.
Well, appreciation appreciated !! :stupid:

Hi all

I need help from all the amazing amaze users
I m planning to buy a compact sedan
My usage as of nw is not more than 700 km a month
I m really confused should I buy I petrol or diesel amaze??
I mean hw is FE of petrol amaze??hw is its perormance??
And right nw to be honest I m really confused between zest and amaze??
Opinion from anybody in this thread will be appreciated
Multiple opinions are also welcomed..

Though most of the noise is from firewall, Damping the floor and bonnet lid together will definitely make a huge difference.
Thanks Vishnu, guess i will go for damping underbody using 3m rubber type antirust coating and use dynamat on bonnet lid. Let me see how that works out.
Hi all

For 700km a month running you dont need a diesel. It will take more than 5 years to break even the premium you pay for diesel. I would say blindly go for petrol and enjoy the refined engine.
Zest has a new petrol engine and has sufficient space to seat 3 at rear bench. Better interiors and entertainment system. Make sure you do extensive test drive of both and decide what suits you. Do more than one test drive on different occassions and roads and you will decide yourself.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,030
Hi all

Go for the petrol engine as your monthly running is comparatively low.

Petrol amaze is an engine that really needs to be revved up. It will come alive once past 3 k rpm all the way till red line, under that it won't be so lively and hence the fuel efficiency. Average kmpl will be somewhere around 11-14 kmpl on city drives and 2-3 kmpl more on highway drives.

If you're going for the petrol engine and much more better interior and gizmos , then i would say blindly go for the Zest. It will definitely satisfy your needs.
Though there are some niggles on the Zest that are yet to be patched up, other than that everything is fine. [:)]

Thanks Vishnu, guess i will go for damping underbody using 3m rubber type antirust coating and use dynamat on bonnet lid. Let me see how that works out.
The under body coating will not be so effective IMO, though you can prevent it from rusting, i don't think that it will be damping the sound.I've also done the same under body and haven't felt any remarkable change.
Damping all the door panels will definitely make a change[cheers]

Go for the petrol engine as your monthly running is comparatively low.

Petrol amaze is an engine that really needs to be revved up. It will come alive once past 3 k rpm all the way till red line, under that it won't be so lively and hence the fuel efficiency. Average kmpl will be somewhere around 11-14 kmpl on city drives and 2-3 kmpl more on highway drives.

If you're going for the petrol engine and much more better interior and gizmos , then i would say blindly go for the Zest. It will definitely satisfy your needs.
Though there are some niggles on the Zest that are yet to be patched up, other than that everything is fine. [:)]

The under body coating will not be so effective IMO, though you can prevent it from rusting, i don't think that it will be damping the sound.I've also done the same under body and
haven't felt any remarkable change.
Damping all the door panels will definitely make a change[cheers]
Thanks a lot vishnu. Appreciate your advice.

Will let you know the car I book

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took delivery of Mobilio Diesel, wanted to check if you had driven in period for 1st 1000kms or so. Because Mobilio manual does not tell anything about driven in period.

Thread Starter #1,034
Just took delivery of Mobilio Diesel, wanted to check if you had driven in period for 1st 1000kms or so. Because Mobilio manual does not tell anything about driven in period.
I would suggest you to be a light footer for at least 1000 kms or above, It will definitely improve the engine life and reduce wear and tear on a long run !! [:)]

Hi vishnu vichu,
I have been following you post from few days. I must say you are a GURU in DIY. I really liked all the DIY's that you have done.
I would like to know how much Damp mat is needed to damp 4 doors + bonnet.
Also how about using yoga mat for damping? will that do the job of damping?

Thanks,
Anil

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom