Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

Issue can be sorted out by adding relay to the horn, so that it off loads the extra burden from the stock wiring. Anyways required since the horn upgrade is planned. Never faced the issue since the setup since the second day of purchase with upgraded horns (and I rarely honk [lol]).
I'm not a fan of honking either. But you know how it is in Delhi, sometimes there's just no way around it with the way some folks ride and drive.
By the way, I have a couple of scenarios in mind:
  1. If I keep the single stock horn and just upgrade to a 55W LED, do I need a relay for the bulb or the horn?
  2. If I upgrade to both dual horn and the 55W LED, do I need a relay for each, or is just the horn enough?
Are the dual horns from the Fazer or R15 V3 loud and melodious enough? Can you recommend any other horns that are loud but not irritating?

Thread Starter #633

deville_56

Honoured Member
I'm not a fan of honking either. But you know how it is in Delhi, sometimes there's just no way around it with the way some folks ride and drive.
By the way, I have a couple of scenarios in mind:
  1. If I keep the single stock horn and just upgrade to a 55W LED, do I need a relay for the bulb or the horn?
  2. If I upgrade to both dual horn and the 55W LED, do I need a relay for each, or is just the horn enough?
Are the dual horns from the Fazer or R15 V3 loud and melodious enough? Can you recommend any other horns that are loud but not irritating?
Scenario 1 - Horn needs one to solve the dimming issue. End of the day, positive supply is fed through same thin wire for the entire electricals, which bears all the load and can't feed all of the needs the same time.
Scenario 2 - At least the horn needs one, but adding one for the headlight can be better, full unrestricted output, but again, can live without that as well. For headlight, need a customized one as kits are available only for cars and bulkier. Can make a kit out of 2 horn relays as the load is way less than a car setup.

Like @VISHNUCARCRAZY said, it reduces load on stock wiring.

Fazer horns are decently loud and not irritating like old Pulsar's chrome horns or the RE horns. Minda K70 comes in Fazer, Apache and later Pulsars. Earlier ones were Fiem. I'm using K90, which is a bit louder then K70, but not loud or harsh as Roots vibros. Hella got similar S90, which comes OE in many cars with dual horns.

Top Bottom