Toyota Innova Crysta Launched. Priced @ Rs.13.83 Lacs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your concern bro. Even my father is hell bent on owing a Toyota vehicle. Hence we have booked crysta ZX 2.4.

As far as I know, court has put a stay order on NGT ban and will review the order after 'reviewing' the data from various states and car manufactures esp. Delhi.

Currently registrations are going on in KL for the Diesel engines above 2000CC till the next court hearing. If you really want a car above 2000CC engine. Now would be a really good time to go for it. Even if NGT puts a ban, your car would still be good for 10 long years.

IMO State government. Doesn't have the funds to return taxes for 5 years in case ban comes in picture.. Just speculating!

Keep us informed with your decision.

Peace✌️
Many reason i am really confuesed that if i bought the car , even the ban came then after 10 years i have to sale the vehicle on a throw price also i know well that the innova will last atleast for 15 years . So even if the mileage of the petrol is good then i will go for that . Otherwise i have think once again. for Toyota

Some users are complaining of steering misalignment and left pulling in new crysta. It is correctable ,so anyone taking delivery check this out during pdi and get it rectified before delivery to avoid later visits.

Some users are complaining of steering misalignment and left pulling in new crysta. It is correctable ,so anyone taking delivery check this out during pdi and get it rectified before delivery to avoid later visits.
Thanks Chevrolet for the heads up. i am expected to take the delivery of the car in July, I will surely check it out during PDI. How are we supposed to check that? I mean they don't actually let us drive the vehicle during the delivery do they?

I wonder how can they let this small mistake creep in for a product that is making history by shattering its own record to become India's favourite MPV.

@Duttan: Finally good news for you my far friend, HC today completely stays the ban on NGT decision to ban diesel cars above 2000CC engine.

Source: HC stays NGT order on diesel vehicles completely; motor strike called off

Rejoice Buddy!

There seems to be some minor irritants in the current crysta, hoping toyota rectifies these problems. Iam waiting for hexa and also for the irritants in crysta to be sorted out. How long does it take for carmakers to correct the minor irritants?

There seems to be some minor irritants in the current crysta, hoping toyota rectifies these problems. Iam waiting for hexa and also for the irritants in crysta to be sorted out. How long does it take for carmakers to correct the minor irritants?
What niggles are we talking about? Judging by the insane sales (Read Toyota's Bread and Butter) its not going to be anytime soon. you can easily guess that it took Toyota 11 years to come up with Innova Crysta!

From my perspective, no car is perfect its just that you have to see your priorities. e.g. AT feature might be worthless to some but might be a prerequisite to some.

Given by the recent spy shots, I would say Hexa is around the corner, probably Diwali!

Peace!

The problems like steering misalignment, pulling towards one side, glove box damping are case specific, so they will fix these at service centres on case to case basis . They definately can't fix these at production level. May be they can fix the poor audio by changing the stock speakers, but I doubt they will do it.
I feel except for the top variant , all other trims are over priced and not worth it.

What niggles are we talking about? Judging by the insane sales (Read Toyota's Bread and Butter) its not going to be anytime soon. you can easily guess that it took Toyota 11 years to come up with Innova Crysta!
Peace!
I will use the word irritants, niggles is a little harsh term. The list are
1.No plastic insulation for wheel arches,
2.orange peel effect in some cars( hope the costly ivory white is safe)
3.Lack of led tail lamps
4. problem with tail lid accesibility due to keyless entry
5.rear ac placed near the rear bumper, dont know how it is in other cars,but i think getting rear ended even slightly will cost dearly
6.vibrating gear
7.small armrests for 2nd row captain seats
8.hope the parcel trays are detachable, a review tells it can be fatal in an accident, i too feel the same.
9. glove box hard to open.

Last edited:
The problems like steering misalignment, pulling towards one side, glove box damping are case specific, so they will fix these at service centres on case to case basis . They definately can't fix these at production level. May be they can fix the poor audio by changing the stock speakers, but I doubt they will do it.
I feel except for the top variant , all other trims are over priced and not worth it.
I agree too with you sir. My friend has already taken his Silver Crysta and besides crappy ICE unit he is quite happy with centre of attention of the town. I think certain issues (like glove box too hard to open) is limited to lower models in which in which comparatively cheap/inferior plastic is used.

3.Lack of led tail lamps
5.rear ac placed near the rear bumper, dont know how it is in other cars,but i think getting rear ended even slightly will cost dearly
6.vibrating gear
8.hope the parcel trays are detachable, a review tells it can be fatal in an accident, i too feel the same.
If you could sir. can you please let me know what is orange peel effect? I am unfamiliar with this term. Also, rest of the issues which are mentioned above, I would say depends on how badly you want this car because solutions to all these issues can easily be retrofitted once an updated models comes out if toyota decides to fix them[frustration]

Peace!

Last edited:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_peel_(effect)
Drive angry,
Iam too out of options, iam thinking hexa will be good but the horror stories of early aria makes the decision tough, if i choose hexa and if it creates problem, i will be in big trouble for going against the family's crysta decision. Our car industry is still like the 1980s in terms of choices.

Attachments

Last edited:
I agree too with you sir. My friend has already taken his Silver Crysta and besides crappy ICE unit he is quite happy with centre of attention of the town. I think certain issues (like glove box too hard to open) is limited to lower models in which in which comparatively cheap/inferior plastic is used.

If you could sir. can you please let me know what is orange peel effect? I am unfamiliar with this term. Also, rest of the issues which are mentioned above, I would say depends on how badly you want this car because solutions to all these issues can easily be retrofitted once an updated models comes out if toyota decides to fix them[frustration]

Peace!

This is the orange peel effect from the Innova

3.Lack of led tail lamps
6.vibrating gear

The major problem is the rear condenser is placed near to the rear bumper , Even if a small bike sctrach or small rear accident will led to lose our pockets upto Rs 10000 .[frustration]

Attachments

The major problem is the rear condenser is placed near to the rear bumper , Even if a small bike sctrach or small rear accident will led to lose our pockets upto Rs 10000 .[frustration]
10k is a very little quote, even spark condenser costs around 15-20 k. Toyota will demand more than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_peel_(effect)
Drive angry,
Iam too out of options, iam thinking hexa will be good but the horror stories of early aria makes the decision tough, if i choose hexa and if it creates problem, i will be in big trouble for going against the family's crysta decision. Our car industry is still like the 1980s in terms of choices.
This is the orange peel effect from the Innova
Thanks for your help guys. Yeah too have noticed paint job is a little flimsy. I believe white/pearl white is the best colour for Innova but for private use, this colour is not preferred because it is mainly referred to as a 'Taxi'

I think I am going to get a 3M paint/coat job after 1st service.

10k is a very little quote, even spark condenser costs around 15-20 k. Toyota will demand more than that.
Yeah Quite odd place to place a condenser. I think that makes a 'Read Bike Guard' a necessary accessory for Crysta. Yeah compressor alone costs 18k here in chandigarh I am wonder what complete kit costs if one has a fender bender[frustration]

Chevy, buddy I personally think that Hexa is going to under Crysta that by a decent margin. 1.5-2L Model to model. Since you are on a tight budget one can wait for Hexa but I won't keep my hope up too high. If one want stress free ownership and plans to keep the vehicle for at least another decade then i think Innova Crysta is the best choice.

Peace!

Chevy, buddy I personally think that Hexa is going to under Crysta that by a decent margin. 1.5-2L Model to model. Since you are on a tight budget one can wait for Hexa but I won't keep my hope up too high. If one want stress free ownership and plans to keep the vehicle for at least another decade then i think Innova Crysta is the best choice.

Peace!
I don't think 1.5-2L will make any difference in the purchase decision against Crysta. It should be a minimum of 5 lakhs and 2.2 L AT HEXA will not be priced above 20.5 on-road as introductory price if TATA plans to take on Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom