Toyota Innova Crysta Launched. Priced @ Rs.13.83 Lacs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need your help. I know selecting a color is more of a personal choice but I am currently torn between three colors for innova crysta. I need your help on deciding on the final one. I had booked initially with Garnet red but I have in many forums that this color is a bad news magnet so switched to pearl white, to which my parents are saying no no. I now have three colors for which I need to finalize

1. Grey: this was my second best color after Garnet Red but I have heard this color proudly shows its scratches and tends to fade away

2. Bronze/Gold: I really liked silky gold in the old Innova but this color is more of a mud color rather than gold

3. Silver: this color makes everyone in my family happy but I think this color is too common on our roads and this color makes front grille stand out which is not a good thing IMO or am I being too paranoid.

Let your valuable suggestions pour in

yes bro, before crysta, Gold was my only choice, but the "Bronze" colour that they have relaunched seems to be more of Mud appearance rather than gold.[frustration]

My experience of Toyota vehicles, Pearl White is the Best, and then Grey.
Thanks Mathew, first of all, man you got some beautiful vehicles in your garage. and there is so much information regarding Toyota vehicles in that 7 pages thread of yours. kudos to that never knew Prado had so many useful features.

Coming back to the question. I too felt Pearl white is the good option but in that case the front grille doesn't seem to be a part of it and it tends to stand out and besides that my ma says it looks dirtier with 'Yellow Tint'. I will have a look again.

Apart from the above reason white color will be used by taxi owners and I don't want to associated with that. I have now shortened my list to Silver and Grey colours.

1) Silver: Looks exquisite in the Sun and even better in the night very easy to maintain but it doesn't tend to stand out looks boring and unhappening.

2) Grey: This was my second choice after Garnet Red but I am worried that this color will not age well and will proudly show its battle scars. what say?

Cheers!

My choice is silver. If it is between grey and silver.

My previous car was grey, present car silver. I didn't rack my brain over colour. I picked the one that caught my eye in the showroom.

Both colours are understated and elegant which some would call boring. Not me.

My choice is silver. If it is between grey and silver.

My previous car was grey, present car silver. I didn't rack my brain over colour. I picked the one that caught my eye in the showroom.

Both colours are understated and elegant which some would call boring. Not me.
Thanks bro for your reply. Yes, even my folks at home are biased towards Silver. I was thinking if not garnet red, alleast some should be happy. Will keep you guys posted what I decided tomm at the showroom.

In another news, did you guys notice that fortunes 4*4 production has stopped, at least in Chandigarh it has, may be for new Fortuner. Only time will tell.

Peace✌️

Can anyone have information about the innova petrol model whether it is a hybrid one or not ? Since i am from kerala and the Innova Diesel vehicle has been banned here .

Can anyone have information about the innova petrol model whether it is a hybrid one or not ? Since i am from kerala and the Innova Diesel vehicle has been banned here .
It's not hybrid engine. It's the same one that these guys use in UAE. I got the info from Mathew, few posts above. It's all over the internet that Toyota is launching a petrol by mid August. Checkout the following link.

Source: GaadiWaadi

http://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-toy...ants-production-to-begin-from-july-18-532030/

It's production will begin in July and deliveries will start from August.

Mathew has also attached pics in his thread. It produces 166bhp and 245 Nm of torque. But being a petrol I seriously doubt its viability and its 'effectiveness'

Peace✌️

Last edited:
It's not hybrid engine. It's the same one that these guys use in UAE. I got the info from Mathew, few posts above. It's all over the internet that Toyota is launching a petrol by mid August. Checkout the following link.

Source: GaadiWaadi

Exclusive: Toyota Innova 2.7 Petrol Variant's Production to Begin from July 18 - Gaadiwaadi.com

It's production will begin in July and deliveries will start from August.

Mathew has also attached pics in his thread. It produces 166bhp and 245 Nm of torque. But being a petrol I seriously doubt its viability and its 'effectiveness'

Peace✌️
Is there any trouble in buying the innova petrol since the diesel vehicles are banned from Delhi and now in Kerala . Is there any chance in ban on the Petrol vehicles in Kerala in near future with engine cc more than 2000 CC ? What was the expected price for the Petrol varient ? Also the mileage of the Petrol Crysta

Is there any trouble in buying the innova petrol since the diesel vehicles are banned from Delhi and now in Kerala . Is there any chance in ban on the Petrol vehicles in Kerala in near future with engine cc more than 2000 CC ? What was the expected price for the Petrol varient ? Also the mileage of the Petrol Crysta
There is no chance of banning new petrol cars , whatever their engine cc. The issue with Diesel car is NOx (Nitrogen Oxide ) pollution, which will not be there (only atmost 1% in exhaust) in Petrol cars. Expected Price is difficult to predict, but will most probably be a tad below cysta Diesel variants as the Indian Crysta Petrol will have new 2.7 Litre Engine - you can't expect that to be priced too much below Diesel Crysta price.
Going by Innova 2.0 GX Petrol's FE, the Crysta Petrol should give around 10 - 12 kmpl FE.

I agree with rselv but if I may sir, the FE 10-12 would be a too much of a stretch. The previous petrol Innova, that was soon redacted after its launch due to its less demand was giving an average of 7-9 Kilometers to a litre. Hence I say a again buying an Innova that too on petrol is a viable option for enthusiasts but it would be a costly affair.

OT: one may consider XUV as an option to diesel ban. Since they are completing revamping their fleet with 1.9L petrol engine. Not sure what new set of problem that may come with the new engines, just a thought.

Peace✌️

I agree with rselv but if I may sir, the FE 10-12 would be a too much of a stretch. The previous petrol Innova, that was soon redacted after its launch due to its less demand was giving an average of 7-9 Kilometers to a litre. Hence I say a again buying an Innova that too on petrol is a viable option for enthusiasts but it would be a costly affair.

OT: one may consider XUV as an option to diesel ban. Since they are completing revamping their fleet with 1.9L petrol engine. Not sure what new set of problem that may come with the new engines, just a thought.

Peace✌️
I am facing the heat since i have a Toyota Qualis and i have this vehicle for the past 8 years , i know how durable of the Toyota vehicles . so i am sure about that such that i will go for a Toyota for the next time . And recently NGT banned the vehicle innova and temporary there is a stay by the Kerala High Court .

I cannot go for an another vehicle other than Toyota and i am really confused what have to done

I am facing the heat since i have a Toyota Qualis and i have this vehicle for the past 8 years , i know how durable of the Toyota vehicles . so i am sure about that such that i will go for a Toyota for the next time . And recently NGT banned the vehicle innova and temporary there is a stay by the Kerala High Court .

I cannot go for an another vehicle other than Toyota and i am really confused what have to done
I understand your concern bro. Even my father is hell bent on owing a Toyota vehicle. Hence we have booked crysta ZX 2.4.

As far as I know, court has put a stay order on NGT ban and will review the order after 'reviewing' the data from various states and car manufactures esp. Delhi.

Currently registrations are going on in KL for the Diesel engines above 2000CC till the next court hearing. If you really want a car above 2000CC engine. Now would be a really good time to go for it. Even if NGT puts a ban, your car would still be good for 10 long years.

IMO State government. Doesn't have the funds to return taxes for 5 years in case ban comes in picture.. Just speculating!

Keep us informed with your decision.

Peace✌️

Last edited:
The 2.7 engine will have dual VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing and Lift intelligent system). Since one lobe of camshaft is optimized for lower rpm operation and one optimized for high rpm operation, and as both valve lift and duration is controlled, the fuel efficiency increases - this is why the FE will be able to touch 10-12 kmpl, despite higher power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom