Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

re: Fifth Year - Tata Manza Ownership experience.

Logging in to TAI after a long time.

Stock tyres run for 32324 km. Tyres got damaged due to some very bad roads, high speed highway driving with full load and may be due to some wheel alignment issues earlier. Could have gone another 5000 km or more for my daily use. Changed the tyres because of the long drive planned starting from this week end.
Hey How are you doing man !!

Hmm, my car is just close to 30k and 3 years and tyres grip look like it will last for another 40k[lol] the famous JK tornados.

Any specific reason you have again chosen the Apollo

Thread Starter #407

I think your tyres ran quite less. My Manza is almost 23.5K done, and tyres look quite fresh still.
Hmm, my car is just close to 30k and 3 years and tyres grip look like it will last for another 40k[lol] the famous JK tornados.
Yes, that is a short one for tyres.
As I mentioned earlier, our car has seen some of the worst roads and there were some damage to the tyres. Still it would have gone for another 6000 km or more for local running. Changed them due to this long trip planned for tomorrow.

Last week, when I went for a service at TASS, there was one Manza running on stock tyres and after completing 75000 km, tyres were looking good and seems like they have only reached halftime of there life. That was Bridgestone B250

Opted for Apollo Acelere again because it lasted 3 years in tough conditions and I know the reasons for damages. Another 3 years is enough for me with this new tyres. Apollo Acelere and Bridgstone ER60 was the options for me and out of these selected Apollo which was readily available with the local dealer.

Last edited:

Last week, when I went for a service at TASS, there was one Manza running on stock tyres and after completing 75000 km, tyres were looking good and seems like they have only reached halftime of there life. That was Bridgestone B250
Mine are also same and stepney is still unused.

@Safari,

My above statement seems to be invalid soon[cry]My JK tyres become very hard which I noticed yesterday while doing WA,WB and the ODO in my car is nearly 31k and as per tyre shop person my tyres can be manageable till another 10k km[frustration]. These JK are really crap and I am looking at BS as my next set of tyres.

Earlier, in my Manza which had run for 45000 kms, it had BS. Looked like it will run for another 15,000 kms in it. But I had to sell it off.

@Safari,

My above statement seems to be invalid soon[cry]My JK tyres become very hard which I noticed yesterday while doing WA,WB and the ODO in my car is nearly 31k and as per tyre shop person my tyres can be manageable till another 10k km[frustration]. These JK are really crap and I am looking at BS as my next set of tyres.

Thread Starter #412

After a long trip of 4000+ km with high speed driving in peak summer, it was due for a service. Postponed for another two months for the 40000 km service.
There was a telephone call last week from TASS reminding me about 40K service.
Called them yesterday and booked for a service appointment at 9:30 AM today.
Security staff at the gate was courteous and more attentive.

After entering the premises, noticed that show room is closed and so is service center office and reception.
Some one from the staff directed me to a small make shift office inside the shop floor.
Show room and service center are being renovated to welcome new models
Some of the persons I spoke to there were excited about the zest launch.

SA came in 5 minutes and made the job card. He wanted to note down complaints/issues but I had none to report.

Estimated time of delivery after service given by him was 5:30 PM. I insisted for 3:00 PM and he promised to do his best. Returned the car at 5:00 PM.

40000 km service:

Synthetic Engine Oil 5W40 Petronas 3.2 ltr - Rs 1252.77 (Including taxes)
Oil Filter - Rs 357.39
Fuel Filter assembly - Rs 1826.09
Air Filter - Rs 261.74
Cotton waste - Rs 15.65
Sleeve - Rs 46.09
Minor service - Rs 480
Wheel alignment - Rs 320
Washing and vacuuming - Rs 320
Standard check Pipe replacement - Rs 160
Vehicle attended as per Monsoon free service - Rs 0
Service plus - Wuerth - Rs 199
Brake pad replacement - Rs 320
Standard check Rear liner replacement - Rs 120
Total including taxes - Rs 6550/-

After entering the premises, noticed that show room is closed and so is service center office and reception.
Some one from the staff directed me to a small make shift office inside the shop floor.
Show room and service center are being renovated to welcome new models
Some of the persons I spoke to there were excited about the zest launch.

Washing and vacuuming - Rs 320

Vehicle attended as per Monsoon free service - Rs 0
That is quite cheap for 40K service.

All Tata Motors showrooms are getting renovated/make over for new models launch, here too in Bangalore.

IMO Washing and Vacuuming is FOC during Monsoon Free Service why did they charge separately [anger] ?

Thread Starter #416
Re: Fifth Year - Tata Manza Ownership experience.

Manza is going smooth in Fifth year and it is as good as it was in the first year.

Original battery is still working without any issues.
Just thinking whether I should change it before a long trip next month.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Fifth Year - Tata Manza Ownership Experience

amazing log you've got there bro. I know from my safari 3.0 that Tatas are a workhorse and easy once maintain. and your log is testament to that.

keep it up bro.
BTW, what's the latest FE you're getting?

Thread Starter #418

Thanks bhvm.
FE in daily drive to office - short distance and City driving is 13 km/l
Short distance to office do not allow the engine temperature to go up. I think that diesel engines give better FE when engine is sufficiently hot.

FE in hilly areas is 18 km and in highways at 80 Km per hour speed is 20+ km/l

Thread Starter #419

Fifth year report -
Total maintenance charges by TASS after purchase of the car till date is is approx. Rs 27000/-.

Planning to do a preventive maintenance before a long trip (5000+ km) next month.

Thread Starter #420

Just completed a scheduled service - preventive maintenance.

Brake fluid and coolant were to be changed since it is two years after the last change.
Other than wiper spray nozzle setting and an insufficient cooling issue for AC (for which only a regular filter cleaning is required), there was no other issue to report from my side.

Reported at TASS as per the scheduled appointment time of 9:30 am.
On the way to service center, got a call from Customer care at 9:20 am, apparently to re confirm my visit but did not attend since I was driving.

Decided to wait in the new Customer lounge which was renovated with good sofas and a huge LED TV.

Could see the car in the shop floor through the glass window of the lounge. After sometime walked to the shop floor to check the status, SA and technicians were discussing about the brakes. Brake pads show considerable wear and thickness is only half now. Brake disc also damaged with lines all over.

On my confirmation changed the brake pads, brake discs and calipers for both the front brakes.

Then one more call from SA after two hours. AC gas level is very low and they suspect a leakage. They are not able to confirm the leakage in two hours of pressure testing with nitrogen. SA was suggesting to keep it overnight for observation.

Since it was a Saturday he wanted to give the car back to me. Did not close the job card. Paid an adhoc amount of Rs 7000/- and took the gate pass from counter. Car delivered to me after a neat wash and all those old brake parts are dumped in the boot (inside the packing of new parts)

Handed over the car to them again on monday evening and it was kept for overnight observation of AC leakage.

Tuesday morning, leakage was confirmed and started checking for leakage point. Nothing found in engine bay and then they opened dash board.

Call from SA again to inform that leakage is in the AC coil and it has to be replaced. Repair is not possible.

Finally car was delivered on Wednesday afternoon and found the job done to my satisfaction. One more washing was done before delivery and there was no rattle from dash board - they fitted it back perfectly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom